Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 3.02 Public Beta

I for one am a big fan of the Bass (Cut) parameter now vs. the old Bass Freq Cut as it forces you to use your ears and not your eyes/mind to dial in, or I should say out, the lows. I think that’s a great move.

Everything sounds flipping great to me. Pedals are difficult, in their own way. There are a zillion tubescreamers, because there are a zillion opinions about tone. I applaud the effort and deliverables of 3.02.

Is there a 'no diode' option? Can you remove the diode(s)? ...on Earthquaker Devices Palisaides pedal, one of the diode selector positions is 'no diodes', I don't know what would be producing the distortion then but it's my favorite, it makes for bigger chunks of pixie shards, more rough.

Just for information and mainly, if Cliff wants to spend some time on this model,
see joined the clone schematics of the mythical Klon Centaur Professional Overdrive and its successor, the KTR.

i've just finished mine and test it in front of the afx. it's sound great but, i don't like it's gain bottom noise.
This could complete the range of mystic drives of afxiii :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aiyxb45ccgsncdb/refractor_documentation.pdf?dl=1

Ten pages of comments, and the suns barely up. Drive blocks are popular here!

Thanks Cliff, you’re one amazingly active man. And thanks in advance to Yek, as I am sure he is already catching the wiki up to Mr Chase’s latest advance.

And thanks in advance to Yek, as I am sure he is already catching the wiki up to Mr Chase’s latest advance.

Haha, you're wicked.

But you're also right. The Drives page in the wiki is fully up-to-date, awaiting the final release of 3.02.
An updated edition of the Guide, which contains add. information about each model, will follow within a few weeks or so.

Last edited:
Wow! This is a game-changer for me with the drives. Much more differentiation between different drive types than before, in all the ways I would have expected. And it is easy to dial in great sustain and feedback without getting things so gainy that they're ugly.

I haven't even really started tinkering with different semiconductor types or numbers, because just tweaking the stock pedals a little gets me a wonderful setting. I, too, have always gravitated toward amp-generated overdrive, especially since I started building ODS amps. But this is a new set of voices that is really nice.

Fantastic update. Many thanks, Cliff and company!

My Drive block library isn't saving correctly anymore...I save a drive to the library and when I load it...say a T808 it might load a Timmy instead, so I remake the drive and press save again but it still does that.
Half the drives I have saved to library are loading the wrong drive when I chose them from the library.

This I believe was happening with 3.01 as well ..at least that is when I first noticed things loading wrong..anyone else with this issue...I hope it is just the Beta....

My Drive block library isn't saving correctly anymore...I save a drive to the library and when I load it...say a T808 it might load a Timmy instead, so I remake the drive and press save again but it still does that.
Half the drives I have saved to library are loading the wrong drive when I chose them from the library.

This I believe was happening with 3.01 as well ..at least that is when I first noticed things loading wrong..anyone else with this issue...I hope it is just the Beta....

Has Axe edit been updated to support this FW? Could there be some sort of incomtability there?

Axe-Edit III hasn’t been updated for the latest firmware yet. Until that happens, there will be incompatibilities.

Axe-Edit isn't updated for this 3.02 firmware yet. this is a beta firmware. the Editor needs it's own separate update.

Back
Top Bottom