Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 3.00 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
@AlGrenadine - would it be possible to add a feature to fractools batch process that resets the amp block, and then returns the ‘front page’ settings (bass treble, presence etc) to their original values? That sure would be handy
Thanks
Pauly

Yes, i hope so :)
I've watched leon's video and the difference is clearly audible, but not in the good way at least on his video i prefered 2.05 sound.. Less treble in 3.00b

I think it’s comspansion within the interaction between the master vol, tone stack and input trim.

It’s killing me to not know what it is.. killing me!!

I was the one that originally reported the Axe Edit problem, i'm still having the issue, i'm on a Mac

I'm using a PC, but just got it going again. I reloaded the 3.0 firmware then shutdown and rebooted my PC. After bringing everything back up, Axe-Edit decided to recognize the III properly once again. Who knows what cruft was hanging out in the USB subsystem to confuse things, but this took care of it for me. Good luck!

I finally got to play a real gig tonight with 3.0. Definitely a little darker. But a quick edit (mid gig) of treble and presence on my main preset and I was not only back where I started but definitely - definitely - a notch above. I just don't know why. There was something happening in the mids that made the tone really delicious to play with. And rolling off the tone a little reacted really nicely too.
So whatever Cliff did that he's keeping to himself, I don't care to know. I just know it is definitely 3.0-worthy.

Thanks @FractalAudio!

@AlGrenadine - would it be possible to add a feature to fractools batch process that resets the amp block, and then returns the ‘front page’ settings (bass treble, presence etc) to their original values? That sure would be handy
Thanks
Pauly
Yes, it's already there : amp resetter pane.
I don't remember if i made it axefx iii compatible though

I’ve downloaded 3.0..... reverted to 2.05..... back to 3.0.... and now back to 2.05. I’m finding my tone across the board to be a bit muddier, less tight, and not as articulate. Bummer.... I’ll sit on 2.05 for the time being.

Turn down the bass and boost the treble and presence a touch?

This update is FANTASTIC. Definitely feels and sounds better. I also noticed that harmonic thing going on, I love it.

After installing 3, I found I could turn up the MV and speaker parameters a bit more, while backing off the dynamic presence, depth and input settings. Which I think is further indication the power amp and speaker interaction is now more dynamic.

I tried 3.00beta and don't like it... Everything is muddier. ..
Everybody seemt happy with it, sorry to be that guy

Is that even with tweaking your normal Amp controls Al? i.e. BMT etc. I wonder if it's because maybe you had tweaked some advanced parameters in 2.05 that now don't need those tweaks in 3.00b.

Or maybe try with a new preset from scratch?

EDIT: I found the exact opposite to muddier, things were more detailed for my presets.

Is that even with tweaking your normal Amp controls Al? i.e. BMT etc. I wonder if it's because maybe you had tweaked some advanced parameters in 2.05 that now don't need those tweaks in 3.00b.

Or maybe try with a new preset from scratch?

EDIT: I found the exact opposite to muddier, things were more detailed for my presets.
Yes i always tweak a lot of advanced parameters... Higain sounds don't come great without efforts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom