• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 3.00 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpeterson

Fractal Fanatic
There's no reset required for this firmware. Now if you tweaked a bunch of advanced parameters then a reset will get you back to defaults which may improve things.

My fingers are sore from this one. Most satisfying firmware for me ever. Just going through the factory presets was a blast.
So spill the beans.

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Hi Cliff, is there any chance of providing a list of any new default values with each firmware? That would give me a choice between a reset and a more systematic comb through. Thanks for all the great stuff so far!
None of the default values changed.

peteri

Inspired
Home from the weekend and a quick play (annoyingly sliced my index finger over the weekend so I'm a bit limited).

Very, very impressed - on the cleaner amp through to Bluesbreaker I'd say you can hear more of the fingers on the strings, more dynamic in a subtle way.

On the Jubilee - first time ever truly nailed, I used to run one back in the day with all tone on 10, presence on five.

Did it - sounded how I remember, but at normal hearing levels!

Reactions: RDH

RDH

Fractal Fanatic
Could input buffering reacting better to pickups be the secret? The drives react differently as well.

Last edited:

chris

Legend!
Hi Cliff, is there any chance of providing a list of any new default values with each firmware? That would give me a choice between a reset and a more systematic comb through. Thanks for all the great stuff so far!
recent previous firmware did actually mention the new Default for a new parameter, and where it'd be set when you load it up and not change anything. so i think this is already happening.

Reactions: RDH

stereotactic

Experienced
recent previous firmware did actually mention the new Default for a new parameter, and where it'd be set when you load it up and not change anything. so i think this is already happening.
Now that you mention it, I do remember that being the case, thanks. The only question I have then is, are all changes in default values mentioned in release notes as a procedure?

Holyoli

Inspired
This new firmware is absolutely fantastic ! Amps are more clear and dynamic, the modulations sound warmer... Brilliant

And, the "Avant Delay Channels" preset Iaresee mentionned ... spent an hour playing with the delays programmed in it : so musical and inspiring

Thank you Cliff and FAS !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom