Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 3.00 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quoting myself here... But nobody else experienced this?

I'm going to do a detailed setting comparison later because I seem to remember tweaking some more advanced settings related to early reflections a long time ago and I've been using the same settings for quite a while. Probably something changed relative to those settings.
The modulation changes do not affect the reverb. That uses a different modulation algorithm. Anything you are hearing is imagined.

Quoting myself here... But nobody else experienced this? Probably something changed

A lot changed, creator only lists some stuff, the rest is like "pffffft they'll figure it out". Noticed the cab room is more focused now, less wide and more even. The stereo routing between blocks changed recently (now there's zero difference between parallel and series routing, to the detriment of the reverb and mod effects :(). I've given up trying to recreate sounds and just start from scratch now, to find out along the way what got tweaked. It always sounds good, just adds an element of unpredictability to things, very fun.

A lot changed, creator only lists some stuff, the rest is like "pffffft they'll figure it out". Noticed the cab room is more focused now, less wide and more even. The stereo routing between blocks changed recently (now there's zero difference between parallel and series routing, to the detriment of the reverb and mod effects :(). I've given up trying to recreate sounds and just start from scratch now, to find out along the way what got tweaked. It always sounds good, just adds an element of unpredictability to things, very fun.
Absolute nonsense. Nothing you said has any truth.

Ok I am going to throw out a guess. Which is, an improvement to the virtual voltage part of the amp modeling or just an improvement in how the voltage sections interact. The reason I say that is because of the touch sensitivity. It has a great feel.

The modulation changes do not affect the reverb. That uses a different modulation algorithm. Anything you are hearing is imagined.
Maybe the other changes are affecting the way I am hearing the Reverb?

Possible they are emphasizing something in a way that doesn't suit my settings...

If nothing's changed with the Reverb, then something else is causing what I'm hearing. I just need to find it and fix it.

Soooo, Axe-Edit not working with this beta just yet? I'm getting firmware not supported error with version 1.00.12 in Win10. (Sorry if I missed a note on that, didn't see anything in the release notes or in the Axe-Edit section).

:hammer: guilty as charged! my auditory imagination is stronger than my decorum. I must be hearing things.

If it makes you feel any better, your really good with throwing around the lingo, and probably 99% of people would think "man, I don't understand what he's talking about, but he sure knows his stuff"

Then there is the 1% of people who are named Cliff Chase, and who really, really know their stuff and can call you out on it, but still.... fooling most of the people, most of the time is still a pretty good accomplishment.

I think the virtual tubes got reworked, there is a distinct element of separation you get when the stages of cascading gain are dissimilar, that you don't get when the stages are identical. That's at least a truthiness.

If it makes you feel any better, your really good with throwing around the lingo, and probably 99% of people would think "man, I don't understand what he's talking about, but he sure knows his stuff"

Then there is the 1% of people who are named Cliff Chase, and who really, really know their stuff and can call you out in, but still.... fooling most of the people, most of the time is still a pretty good accomplishment.
I recommend a healthy dose of Ignore List! Worked wonders for me...

Now, I occasionally have to click "show content from ignored member" in order to understand seemingly bizarre posts from normal forum members... And then it all becomes clear.

The word I used before, which still applies is "blathering" ;)

Soooo, Axe-Edit not working with this beta just yet? I'm getting firmware not supported error with version 1.00.12 in Win10. (Sorry if I missed a note on that, didn't see anything in the release notes or in the Axe-Edit section).
Someone else reported the same thing. I didn't experience this issue. Also on Win 10.

Someone else reported the same thing. I didn't experience this issue. Also on Win 10.
Interesting. I've rebooted my PC and the III since updating with no joy. I shall poke further. I suspect drivers being pissy. Will start with that.

Possible they are emphasizing something in a way that doesn't suit my settings...

If nothing's changed with the Reverb, then something else is causing what I'm hearing. I just need to find it and fix it.
Perhaps. The amp and cab blocks changed. The reverb block did not.

I used 3.00b live in church this morning, played a large number of very different songs using Fender cleans, AC15, Friedman and a steaming hot Marshall. I have never, ever felt so happy with my sound! We had about 300 people in the congregation, and I had a tonne of compliments afterwards! All of those amps absolutely killed it, they sounded great and felt great!

My drives are sounding a bit more detailed too now, but that's probably a result of the new amp modelling algorithm.

I'm hoping Cliff doesn't reveal to us he has actually rolled the modelling back to Ultra FW1.00 just to test our ears!! That said, if he has I might just stay on this beta release for good cos I love it!

Ok I am going to throw out a guess. Which is, an improvement to the virtual voltage part of the amp modeling or just an improvement in how the voltage sections interact. The reason I say that is because of the touch sensitivity. It has a great feel.
I know pinched harmonics are just jumping out now. Either that or I am having a really good day on guitar.

If Marshall had developed the Axe FX III and shipped it with just their library of tones I would have bought it... no questions axed.

Interesting. I've rebooted my PC and the III since updating with no joy. I shall poke further. I suspect drivers being pissy. Will start with that.
On second thought, I know I fired up Axe-Edit... And I didn't get any pop-up errors, but I also don't think I used it at all.

Did you get a pop-up error box or not? If not, possible I missed it.

I've not played anything using the studio setting, but some of my patches with the spring reverb settings I feel like I'm hearing a bit more more reverb character with the same settings. Not a change of the reverb, but just the way the overall tone seems to sit with the verb, like I'm getting a little more dynamics, little more finger noise sliding on the strings etc playing finger style coming through, little more drip, little more percussive "sproink". Again, its really subtle, but I'm a big fan of a good spring sound, and its sounding better than ever. In the past I would turn the mix, size up etc, to get it more noticeable, but then it would sound too much... just with very minimal settings it seems to be perfect for my taste.

No doubt some slight tonal changes in the amp or cab might be manifest in what your hearing from your reverb settings ? Only in your case, it seems its accentuating something you don't care for, while in mind, it made some things I enjoy slightly more noticeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom