RJM Mastermind GT/22 Compatibility?

Maybe it was wishful thinking on my part, but I swear I remember pre-launch talk about bidirectional midi not happening “yet.” So I still don’t know whether this is a permanent limitation or not. If it is, I’ll make do, but I would have preferred to know that up front. Seems like a very nice feature to have lost.

Is it in Fractals best interest to maintain a 'point of difference' to any foot controller competitor....I'd say yes.

Is it in Fractals best interest to maintain a 'point of difference' to any foot controller competitor....I'd say yes.

They could do that and have a bidirectional midi port. After all, the FC pedals use a different (superior) connection that also passes power. So it will always be superior as a connection method.

Austin

The bidirectional problem seems to be a hardware thing on the III side.
You can easily create your own bidirectional midi port though... Combine the pins from the III's in and out ports to a single DIN5 female plug

I used a patch panel with the II to connect it to the GT22 because the current for the GT22 was too high for the Axe-Fx.
So you needed to make some kind of conversion to combine bidirectional Midi and power through one cable anyway.
The only difference now is that I'll have to split the Midi cable to the AxeFx III.

It's different when you're powering the GT22 directly (not through the cable) and you used only one Midi cable.

Is there a link someone could post to the phantom power adapter/bidirectional enabler that someone mentioned above? Or even a wiring diagram for us DIYers?

I think this is what we need. or something similar.

MIDI-cable-supply-in-out.png

Thinking of making up a few of the phantom power boxes pictured above, seeing RJM has none in stock and they are 80. Any interest in them, could probably do $40 and would be 1/3 the size of that big thing. PM me if interested.

That's what I'm Using a 6-Pin XlR to 7-Pin Midi Cable.

That’s what I use at the moment with my II and the single input phantom power box. Gotta get hold of the 2 input version for the III. They are so expensive over here in Europe! €162 inc shipping.

Thinking of making up a few of the phantom power boxes pictured above, seeing RJM has none in stock and they are 80. Any interest in them, could probably do $40 and would be 1/3 the size of that big thing. PM me if interested.

Feck it. I will support you!! I buy one, shipment to Hong Kong on me. I am sure I have use for it at some point.

And this is not as bad as you think. Hong Kong doesn't have ANY import duties or VAT charges on stuff like this. For a small run dedicated items, this is massively reasonable.

I take two perhaps ;)

/greetings

Feck it. I will support you!! I buy one, shipment to Hong Kong on me. I am sure I have use for it at some point.

And this is not as bad as you think. Hong Kong doesn't have ANY import duties or VAT charges on stuff like this. For a small run dedicated items, this is massively reasonable.

I take two perhaps ;)

/greetings

Cool, just finished one for a guy on here, i'll make up a few more. Shoot me a PM with your details. thanks.

Back
Top Bottom