AX8 Firmware 9.04 Released

Question, I play often and have not updated firmware since 8.02. If I update, will it update everything up through 9.04 or do I have to find each update and install them separately? I still am playing out all the time but I just need to update and go with the flow. Thank You for your answer to my question.
Install only 9.04 but be sure to do a backup first, sound of your presets can change quite a bit

Thanks for the fast job!

However, I think I've found a bug - Axe-Manage Presets seems to have gotten very unstable. When I select multiple presets, it seems to start copying them and pasting them at random - It worked fine with the first 8 presets I copied, then the next 8 it started going haywire. I've tried rebooting both the computer, ax8 edit and the Ax8 several times, and it only works the first time I copy something. Never had a problem with Axe Manage presets before.

Went ahead and updated to 9.04. Sounds good. Seems to have a little more drive and bass. Clarity is a good word for it. I like it. Sounds Good. Thank You Fractal.

Yes, the Axe II updates faster than the AX8.

That's it!! If they don't start giving the AX8 priority over the Axe Fx I'm out!

Seriously though, Fractal is always impressing me with their commitment to constantly working and tweaking, improving what doesn't really need improving. They are leaps and bounds ahead of anything else I've experienced in the world of guitar gear. They've replaced G.A.S. with F.A.S. (Firmware Anticipation Syndrome).

Sorry friends
From release note :
  • Changed default cathode follower hardness (CF Hardness) to 0.75 to align better with measured values.
But The CF Hardness At default is 7,50 and Not 0,75
What is The true?

Thanks

Sorry friends
From release note :
  • Changed default cathode follower hardness (CF Hardness) to 0.75 to align better with measured values.
What is The true?

Thanks
Cliff posted in the Axe Fx firmware thread that he mentioned the "internal" value, not the value exposed to the user.

7.50 is the correct default value that you see, which represents .75 internally.

I suspect it's to make the control have a simple 0-10 control rather than a 0-1 control :)

@FractalAudio can confirm...

Sorry friends
From release note :
What is The true?

Thanks
0,75 is the internal value...what you need to set/use is 7,50.

Latest firmware downloaded, installed and tested in a rehearsal at gig volumes. Just had to lower a little bit of bass on the amp block to get what I thought it was impossible: it's even better than 9.03!! Thanks FAS Team for your constant efforts and improvements.

With the new website update (congratulations btw for the AxeFX III) the link is not working anymore and the download sections only shows 9.03.

Any active link to the new update?

With the new website update (congratulations btw for the AxeFX III) the link is not working anymore and the download sections only shows 9.03.

Any active link to the new update?
Reported this. Hold tight.

Back
Top Bottom