Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 9.00 Firmware Release

Re to reset or not, I think I'm pretty clear on it. I'm under the impression that the reason neither a chicken-tenders or a full-on hard reset is necessary, is strictly that no changes to the other amp settings are needed to make earlier presets "update", since the programming was entirely interior to the confabulator maximus valve bus depots, rather than externally fed to the whatzerhoozit knobs, (in which case one of the reset procedures would be necessary, unless an automatic valve release thruster has exploded during the exodus from real to virtual of course... if so consult a newsman, its a fake news story.

Re to reset or not, I think I'm pretty clear on it. I'm under the impression that the reason neither a chicken-tenders or a full-on hard reset is necessary, is strictly that no changes to the other amp settings are needed to make earlier presets "update", since the programming was entirely interior to the confabulator maximus valve bus depots, rather than externally fed to the whatzerhoozit knobs, (in which case one of the reset procedures would be necessary, unless an automatic valve release thruster has exploded during the exodus from real to virtual of course... if so consult a newsman, its a fake news story.
I really want the address of your dispensary...

Cliff has been noticeably quiet around the need to reset, but Yeks answer on the topic has the current standing at no reset needed, just set the value to 3...
I think Cliff said the same back in the Beta thread.

For those looking for official direction is this the final word?

Oooh, looking forward to checking out the Blackglass, does it also model the EQ from the pedal? Because that EQ sounds so good!
Otherwise it might be appropriate to rename it Blackglass 3K as that’s the version without EQ.

Cliff has been noticeably quiet around the need to reset, but Yeks answer on the topic has the current standing at no reset needed, just set the value to 3...
I think Cliff said the same back in the Beta thread.

For those looking for official direction is this the final word?
+1
I'm shorter on time these days and blocking out rework for a full reset is a challenge.

Not to throw a wrench into the reset debacle... but, Cliff did say he made minor changes to the phase inverter algorithm.
And the good lord knows we all need our phase inverter algorithms running at peak performance.
Anything less will drive me wacky.:eek::mad:o_O;)

I was kinda skeptical on that Darkglass thing everyone keeps raving about, but I'll be darned if that didn't get me 90% towards my ideal bass tone when I tried it on an empty patch. Literally just Fender Jazz bass > Blackglass drive block> compressor!

Here's what I do, and the reason why.
I'm usually quite happy with whatever firmware I'm currently on, be it Q3, Q5, Q7 etc. The only reason I always upgrade is to be able to download other people's patches. If I was still on Q6, I wouldn't be able to have Leon Todd's latest awesome Diesel collection for example.
Most times after updating I can't really tell any difference in the finer details of the upgrade, be it via soft or hard reset.
My ear is not as detailed as some on this forum as I can't always tell what your all on about

So I'll upgrade to Q9 from Q8.02 but won't touch ANY resetting options and hopefully my presets will still sound as wonderful as before but I can continue to enjoy other people's magic creations. I've got all my backups from ages ago so no harm done.
Make sense??
I'll give it a go later today.

Here's what I do, and the reason why...

...The only reason I always upgrade is to be able to download other people's patches...

...Most times after updating I can't really tell any difference in the finer details of the upgrade, be it via soft or hard reset.
My ear is not as detailed as some on this forum as I can't always tell what your all on about...

...Make sense??
Makes perfect sense. Do what satisfies your ears and hands best.

One thought: sometimes, low volume makes it difficult to hear and feel differences. If you usually play at bedroom volume, find an opportunity to crank it up. It reveals so much more of the tone.

But never worry about whether you can hear a difference that someone else hears. When it comes to your playing, only your ears matter.

G\day all,

You know... I might get a bass sound out of this!

I find the Darkglass model really enables some of the honk I've been looking for however the bottom end was a little shy. I combined an amp & cab with the Darkglass and within ten minutes had a sound that I thought was ok. Not great mind you - but that comes with time :)

Here's a sample and the preset if anyone is interested.

Thanks
Pauly

Attachments

• Pauly b7k Bass.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 32
  • HwSbass-01.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:
My post wasn’t a question, it was a statement. And that statement leads one to wonder to the question:
If we don’t do a reset of some sort, how will our phase inverters be running full steam ahead?
It seems nobody understands what resetting does : it just sets default values to parameters, it doesn't load any new algorithm, as the parameters are precisely what drive the algorithm behavior. So resetting is never "needed", it's only a good thing if you want your preset to be restarted from scratch and have the default intended behavior of the real world amp (which is not always a good thing)

My post wasn’t a question, it was a statement. And that statement leads one to wonder to the question:
If we don’t do a reset of some sort, how will our phase inverters be running full steam ahead?
As I said before: There is no reason a priori that this would make a reset of any sort necessary, safe for implementation details that only FAS knows about.

I took it to mean the switch itself in the middle position.

I'm waiting for fractal to confirm this. It should not be like this, the position of the medium has an increase in the upper zone and is not flat. The top position is the logical one because it is flat.

Back
Top Bottom