Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Well my apologies, I tried the PM but limited to 420 characters (below doesn't seem like that much). Anyway here ya go:

A few bugs/feature requests. The bugs are superficial but thought I'd report them regardless:

1) Help "?" in amp edit section refers to embedded "http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=Amp:_all_models" instead of "http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=Amplifier_models_list" (the wiki page has moved).

2) Circular/linear edit works without "Use realistic UI" but not with.
Feature request: allow option for linear editing with "Use realistic UI" option enabled.

3) Likely known: When "Use realistic UI" enabled, no apparent way to adjust additional parameters.

4) Feature request: Make Preset, Amp, and Cabinet selection pages mousewheel-scrollable (left and right) like the block selection page. Currently only mouseclick-drag scrolls on those pages (as well as touchscreen of course).

Kindest regards.

Number one is due to recent wiki changes Yek made, i'll fix it.

Other ones are feature requests, i'll see when i'll have some time free ;)

Cheers

I'm digging it. Went ahead and ordered an MDBT01 which will arrive mid-week. Already downloaded the iOS demo version and midimittr in preparation to insure all functions well before grabbing the full app store app. Thanks again.

I wrote quite a few months back about how I was so happy to get Fracpad running over Bluetooth LE Midi with an iPad/Mac/Axe-Fx. The thing was I couldn't get it to work again after the first time. I finally had some time o revisit it and spent quite a few hours today figuring out how to get the iPad/app to connect wirelessly with my MacBook (it sits ontop of my Axe-Fx all the time and runs other virtual instruments). I had one hell of a time getting it to work but finally figured out a few things that got it up and running smoothly. If anybody is interested let me know and I can explain how to do it if you've had problems trying to get it to work yourself -- i'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who may have tried and failed before. Next Windows...hehe. Great app and certainly worth the money :)

Well, I got the MDBT01 in, fired up the demo app and all synced ok except I noticed some issues. Thought they were limited to the demo, just purchased the full app but the issues remain.

1) When cycling presets via the app or manually on the AxeFx, the iOS app does not update the "grid blocks" gui. On the desktop version it does (Win8.1). On the iOS, the only way I can get it to refresh the gui is to select a different scene then back again. iOS app full version 1.11, AxeFx FW 8.02. Occurs in both edit mode and big display mode.

2) Same as above when adjusting parameters manually on the AxeFX. The iOS app does not update the grid gui parameter, the desktop version does.

Please note: The above two are regarding the grid blocks gui. The tool bar info works as intended (preset #, name, scene change in the "tool bar" gui). The oddity is that if I change scenes in a preset via the AxeFX, then the iOS app grid gui does automatically update as intended. To be clear, it does not auto-update the "grid blocks" gui when changing presets via the app or the AxeFx.

3) Feature request: In settings, allow "Grid Blocks size" less than minimum of "10" to allow full view of grid. Currently the minimum setting has the far-right 3 columns out of view and must be scrolled (iPad Pro, landscape view).

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
For 1 and 2, upgrade your md-bt01 firmware.
It's done with Yamaha 's app named ud md utility. It' s available in the USA appstore

Excellent, thank you. Just tried it for a couple minutes before leaving out. Issues listed seem resolved and lag much reduced too. Note for those on iPad device and not iPhone, when searching for the firmware utility in the app store search "md-bt01" and at top-left of the search refine categories select "iPhone only" since the Yamaha app does not appear under the iPad only store search (which is the default).

Will put it through the paces later this afternoon but expect all is well. Regards.

For 1 and 2, upgrade your md-bt01 firmware.
It's done with Yamaha 's app named ud md utility. It' s available in the USA appstore

Since the last Update of FracPad I have the same problem, that the blocks are not shown. After some playing around the blocks for one preset was shown, but not updated after changing the preset.
Since your initial release of FracPad I have been using a no name Midi USB adapter, it worked.
What kind of firmeware update was needed for the Yamaha adapter - I guess I won't get one for the no name device .... ? Is it realy necessary to fix the new problem on the adapter side; can it not be fixed in the FracPad code?
I really love your tool, unfortunately I can not use it anymore.

No FracPad is not responsible...
Check your adapter or your axefx options, like usb adapter or mfc echo having to be set to off in general case

I have since answered my own question. I just got my iconnectivity midi4+ as well as a Yamaha md-bt01 and it is a great setup . the midi4+ also has a lightning cord for ipods, iphones and ipads that charges as you use it. I plugged my md-bt01 into the midi4+ and now can use my ipad wired or wireless to control all of my midi stuff as well as software on my computer. I have just scratched the surface with this new setup but am looking forward to playing more with it. Using Fracpad wireless is so cool. For me it was worth the price just to be able to switch patches wireless and not be tied to a computer.

I haven't had the time to read through all 56 pages of this thread so forgive me if its been addressed already. Can Fracpad be used simultaneously to a connected midi pedal board? (fcb1010).

I haven't had the time to read through all 56 pages of this thread so forgive me if its been addressed already. Can Fracpad be used simultaneously to a connected midi pedal board? (fcb1010).
No problem,
It depends on where you want to use FracPad.
If on an Android/Windows /Mac drvice fracpad works with usb port so no problem.
Otherwise on iOS if connected to ax8, it also works with usb so no problem.
On iOS with AxeFx you'll need a midi merger on the midi in port

Alex Bonjour, mon nom est Lorenzo et je vis en Italie .... parce que je suis sur le point d'acheter AX8 Fractal, je voulais obtenir des informations sur votre FracPad d'application, parce que je préfère utiliser l'iPad pour définir différents sons précisément avec l'éditeur de programme de ' AX8. Est-ce que je me demande quelles sont les différences entre l'application gratuite et qui coûte environ 48 €; Je demande aussi la connectivité qui est à faire avant que je puisse utiliser le câble USB d'Apple pour la caméra et Lighting d'un côté, mais il serait agréable de l'utiliser sans fil, mais je ne comprenais pas que je devrais acheter l'émetteur et toute autre application doit télécharger au cas où. Une autre chose: ce Fracpad Parvenir à faire bon usage de l'éditeur de dell'Ax8? vous jouez de la guitare? entre autres, comment ça sonne cette pédale? J'attends vos informations, je vous remercie! Lorenzo

Alex Bonjour, mon nom est Lorenzo et je vis en Italie .... parce que je suis sur le point d'acheter AX8 Fractal, je voulais obtenir des informations sur votre FracPad d'application, parce que je préfère utiliser l'iPad pour définir différents sons précisément avec l'éditeur de programme de ' AX8. Est-ce que je me demande quelles sont les différences entre l'application gratuite et qui coûte environ 48 €; Je demande aussi la connectivité qui est à faire avant que je puisse utiliser le câble USB d'Apple pour la caméra et Lighting d'un côté, mais il serait agréable de l'utiliser sans fil, mais je ne comprenais pas que je devrais acheter l'émetteur et toute autre application doit télécharger au cas où. Une autre chose: ce Fracpad Parvenir à faire bon usage de l'éditeur de dell'Ax8? vous jouez de la guitare? entre autres, comment ça sonne cette pédale? J'attends vos informations, je vous remercie! Lorenzo
Bonjour Lorenzo,
Ma réponse vous attend sur Facebook ;)

Maybe this has been requested and done already so please forgive my ignorance in case it was.

My eyes are too bad to really read what's shown on the AX8 display when paging through the preset banks and I don't want to kneel down on stage between two songs. I would love to see a performance mode in FracPad that would show a subset / range of presets to choose from in really big letters. Currently the preset panel shows all presets and consequently uses a small font which is just as bad as trying to read the AX8 U/I.

I am trying to make FracPad work on a MS Surface Pro 4 win10 pc, but it doesn't work for me.
Download and installation works without any error messages, but FracPad don't start up.

Did search for FracPad and windows10 errors, but haven't found anything.

Wanted to try it out via usb, before buying BT/Midi solution.

I am trying to make FracPad work on a MS Surface Pro 4 win10 pc, but it doesn't work for me.
Download and installation works without any error messages, but FracPad don't start up.

Did search for FracPad and windows10 errors, but haven't found anything.

Wanted to try it out via usb, before buying BT/Midi solution.
Probably your antivirus blocking it with a false positive

Back
Top Bottom