Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Got my UD today and when trying to copy amp x to amp y on my iPhone seven it mad both amps the 59 guy with everything set to 0. Also when switching presets it kept wanting to change. There is a bit of latency vs using a USB cable mighty also be due to the fact that since this is a smaller screen it literally has to change screens to display more info.
Read what i wrote ;)
Bluetooth interfaces don't handle large sysex so it won't work...
It's slower because iPhone is slower, not screen size, or maybe the bt interface is slower. It seems even the ud-bt01 uses usb 1.1 not 2.0 for transfers, so you get nearly the same speed you'd have on the md-bt01...

Last edited:
Read what i wrote ;)
Bluetooth interfaces don't handle large sysex so it won't work...
It's slower because iPhone is slower, not screen size, or maybe the bt interface is slower. It seems even the ud-bt01 uses usb 1.1 not 2.0 for transfers, so you get nearly the same speed you'd have on the md-bt01...
I would think that my iPhone 7 is faster than an iPad3. I have already processed a return and orders a camera kit for my iPhone. I plan to do most editing on iPad anyway.

In order to manually enter values I need to press and hold the "knob" I want to adjust them press set right?

I would think that my iPhone 7 is faster than an iPad3. I have already processed a return and orders a camera kit for my iPhone. I plan to do most editing on iPad anyway.

In order to manually enter values I need to press and hold the "knob" I want to adjust them press set right?
Yes.
By the way i managed to find a workaround for bluetooth interfaces not supporting large sysex. In next release a bluetooth mode will be available, it's a lot slower but works ofr editing parameters. The x/y copy, preset loading, modifiers and global blocks won't be able to work though, as they absolutely need large data chunks to be transfered...

Yes.
By the way i managed to find a workaround for bluetooth interfaces not supporting large sysex. In next release a bluetooth mode will be available, it's a lot slower but works ofr editing parameters. The x/y copy, preset loading, modifiers and global blocks won't be able to work though, as they absolutely need large data chunks to be transfered...
You are the man. Folks will be very happy to hear that

FracPad 1.01 has been sent to betatesters :)

- Added clear preset menu
- Can now save to a different preset slot
- Fixes the empty preset name box wasn't editable
- Adds help buttons on revelant parameters, pointing to wiki (will need internet connection)
- Adds original value : the value each parameter had when the preset was recalled is marked with a red mark. Once the preset becomes edited, only the already known values are displayed of course.
- Adds fullscreen parameters show option : display parameters in a full screen, even if there's enough space under the grid.
- Double click on a slider will also default its value
- Adds Q6 parameters

How's that beta test coming along? ;)

Sweet. I'm wishing I didn't murder my 10.5" screen Samsung tablet a couple of weeks ago. It works nicely on my (bought on short cash) 8" tablet now, but it would be nice to see the grid and parameters at the same time.

Sweet. I'm wishing I didn't murder my 10.5" screen Samsung tablet a couple of weeks ago. It works nicely on my (bought on short cash) 8" tablet now, but it would be nice to see the grid and parameters at the same time.
Reduce blocks size in settings

I have connected via the MD-bt01 - no issues fetching patch, cab, initial parameters etc. The list of presents is correct - but none of them will load in the main edit screen (see image) - all presents come in blank with odd characters in the preset name. Has anyone seen this?

IMG_0675.PNG

Thanks so much - FYI for other Axe-FX II (original) owners - this menu item does not exist. Turn OFF "midi thru" to accomplish the same thing. (Worked for me anyway)
FracPad 1.01 handles that, but it's always better to turn it off in order to not overload the midi transfers

Just bought app but cannot connect to iPad or iPhone. Lightning to USB adapter and from this to USB on AX8. I don't know where is a problem.

Back
Top Bottom