AX8 USA/Canada Purchase Invitations

The wait wasn't killing me as much before but now that I'm this close (confirmation received Oct 13th 8:52pm Central so 10:52pm Eastern). I'm going into the weekend hoping for next week lol

The wait wasn't killing me as much before but now that I'm this close (confirmation received Oct 13th 8:52pm Central so 10:52pm Eastern). I'm going into the weekend hoping for next week lol
Wouldn't that make it 9:52 EST? They're past 10:00pm EST according to some posts.

In October its 2hrs time difference between Eastern and Central, currently its an hour but the East springs ahead in March until November. I guess if I hear of people posting getting it who were on the waitlist Oct 14th then I'll start to worry. I have my original email so I'm not too worried.

It becomes increasingly difficult for me to visit this forum. I come to see where the waitlist is and try and learn as much as possible about the AX8 should I ever get an invite?? I am very happy for those of you who have received your units. I too am excited that they have released a firmware upgrade and continue to improve the product for no additional charge. It is hard to understand how after four months we are still on the first day of waitlists? In December I bought a nice RCF monitor, Fractal pedal and cables, thinking the AX8 invite would arrive any day?? We are now some four months into this wait.

Is it too much to ask for Fractal (and I am too a small business owner) to let potential customers how long of a wait they have? It would not break any confidentiality, nor imply how many people are waiting? Just a courtesy to their potential customers. As a consumer, I have been told things are on backorder till XXX, and typically they arrive early, on or very close to that date. I have to occasionally have to tell my customers that a particular product is on backorder, discontinued, or I can deliver them with a certain period of time. That's commonly done in business. If capital is an issue, I would gladly prepay if it would speed things along??

Now that I have vented. I am in for the long or short haul, am excited to get an invite, and hope this post doesn't compromise that. From what I hear and read, the product is a game changer for many of us. Congrats to Fractal for their ingenuity and hard work that I'm sure they do on a daily basis. I do very much appreciate what its like to grow a company!

Please resume your evening! Have a great weekend! I'm going to grab my Les Paul for a bit!

In October its 2hrs time difference between Eastern and Central, currently its an hour but the East springs ahead in March until November. I guess if I hear of people posting getting it who were on the waitlist Oct 14th then I'll start to worry. I have my original email so I'm not too worried.

the difference betwen central time and eastern time is just one hour!
eastern time is one hour ahead of central time !! so you better watch out and doble check your email confirmation time !!
just saying!

It becomes increasingly difficult for me to visit this forum. I come to see where the waitlist is and try and learn as much as possible about the AX8 should I ever get an invite?? I am very happy for those of you who have received your units. I too am excited that they have released a firmware upgrade and continue to improve the product for no additional charge. It is hard to understand how after four months we are still on the first day of waitlists? In December I bought a nice RCF monitor, Fractal pedal and cables, thinking the AX8 invite would arrive any day?? We are now some four months into this wait.

Is it too much to ask for Fractal (and I am too a small business owner) to let potential customers how long of a wait they have? It would not break any confidentiality, nor imply how many people are waiting? Just a courtesy to their potential customers. As a consumer, I have been told things are on backorder till XXX, and typically they arrive early, on or very close to that date. I have to occasionally have to tell my customers that a particular product is on backorder, discontinued, or I can deliver them with a certain period of time. That's commonly done in business. If capital is an issue, I would gladly prepay if it would speed things along??

Now that I have vented. I am in for the long or short haul, am excited to get an invite, and hope this post doesn't compromise that. From what I hear and read, the product is a game changer for many of us. Congrats to Fractal for their ingenuity and hard work that I'm sure they do on a daily basis. I do very much appreciate what its like to grow a company!

Please resume your evening! Have a great weekend! I'm going to grab my Les Paul for a bit!

I too am a small business owner and a luthier. I understand your frustration for sure, but I've been on the other end too. Sometimes you can predict how long something will take and other times you can't. With a new product like this there are always unforeseen issues when you move from prototype to production and things are more difficult the more complex the system is. What's more, they tried to tell us how long to wait initially before they ran into what I can only assume were software issues which pushed back shipping a good bit. In retail I was always taught to under promise and over deliver. FAS is doing just that by trying not to promise something that may be beyond their control. No doubt as time goes by they may be able to provide better information on out of stock products, but I can respect their position of silence. It is better to be silent then to get your hopes up and fail to deliver when promised. For what it's worth, I don't think the wait will be too much longer for those that got on the list in 2015. I think the combination of the huge number of people who were watching for the waitlist to open on day one and the ramping up of production now that systems are in place will make the rest of the waitlist fly by pretty quickly.

NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!! :p

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I'm right there with you, not knowing is worse than knowing for most stuff ( like health issues). I got on the waitlist at 2/7/16 and I drop in here a few times a day just to see whats going on. It does seem like the first day will never end. But I'm sure the stampede was pretty big as soon as ordering the AX8 became available . And I do mean a stampede. It may have caught Cliff and company a little flat footed by the response they got. I was watching the Line 6 Helix for a bit before I even knew about the AX8. So I was very very late to the game. I have considered getting the Atomic Amplifire but not too sure about the interface. Sweetwater has Helixes in stock now for a few days so I guess the rush there is over. In fact I suspect some returns will start trickling back. I also considered the Kemper Profiler but again, it's nowhere near as flexible as the AX FX or AX8. The hard part for me is to not go buy something, anything new to play thru and then be disappointed later on ( ala' the Helix) . Also, I've been looking on EBay for used Ax Fxs but the prices they are getting are shocking considering the units are at least few years old ( mostly AX FX II's and Ultras) even the MFC's are going for what they originally sell for so I might as well buy a new XL+ ( which according to the FAS is "in stock" as I write this).

I posted something akin to what you did and I got the same response: . . . . . . . nuthin'. There are worse things in life. I'm glad that FAS has offered the AX8 because for a long time the price of a full AX FX rig was prohibitive for me and Fractal seemed more like a gated community where only the Elect and Elite may reside. The AX8 gets me in at a price that won't have me eating Ramen noodles for months on end. And besides , by the time you get yours and I get mine a lot of the bugs will have been worked out. ;)

Getting late into the evening now, should jump to morning of the 14th next week? lets hope, i'm still 12 hrs away... ;-)

When they said October though i did honestly think i would maybe get it for christmas, 4 months to move 6 hours was not what i expected, yikes!!

ho hum, all good things come to those who wait... :)

Without knowing where you are on the waiting list it's impossible to say how long of a wait you will have. We have ramped up production considerably and are adding more staff to cope with the demand.

Without knowing where you are on the waiting list it's impossible to say how long of a wait you will have. We have ramped up production considerably and are adding more staff to cope with the demand.

good to hear Cliff..

forgive us our impatience, kids waiting for their christmas presents seldom keep level heads... ;-)

like a pack of hungry wolves howling just outside the gate . . . .

I hope you guys are getting some sleep.

It arrives when it is supposed to and not a moment sooner. Like Gandalf.:)

I have the utmost respect for your products and what you have accomplished! In all my posts, I have tried to couch my comments with accolades. I was late to the party on 11/10. I now play through a nice group of pedals and have done so for years. I can wait and will! Thanks for your response, I'm sure we all share some of the same goals! All is good, no worries! Peace, Mark

Tom petty " The waiting is the hardest part" . Im excited and definitely have an urge just to upgrade from my Ultra to the XL while I wait. How about a customer appreciation day sale :D . I guess the only bummer about the wait is watching people try selling the AX8 at 1900 to 2300 bucks on Reverb/Ebay .

Back
Top Bottom