AX8 USA/Canada Purchase Invitations

I'm going to resist the temptation to settle for the Quick Fix and buy a Helix, and instead wait for the AX8, unless I chance upon an Ax Fx II for a reasonable price ( like at a garage sale where the person doesn't know what it is they have. HA! . .fat chance of that happening :p).

Exactly - I am most likely to settle for a full blown Axe FX II if this AX8 thing drags on too long - think I'll go join that waitlist too, having options is nice :D

Exactly - I am most likely to settle for a full blown Axe FX II if this AX8 thing drags on too long - think I'll go join that waitlist too, having options is nice :D
There is an Ax FX II XL on Ebay and the gouger is asking $2600. Says he got it "a few days ago" even tho they have been out of stock for at least a month by the look of it. Phooey on him. :) Also a used MFC III going for as much as a new one. Things are getting ridiculous, eh?

Significant sales are not being lost. Fractal is a boutique company.... The bulk of its customer base know what they're waiting for and why. Take me for instance... I don't want to drag my boogie rig around anymore. I'm tired of lifting the rack and changing tubes and not having a road crew...this is an affordable alternative that doesn't sacrifice sound quality. I've played other modelers and for pro touring situation, Fractal is the one that I've found doesn't distract me. I can record with a lot of them but live....yadda yadda..point being this isn't a window shopper site other than those who are only window shopping aren't buying whether the thing is in stock or not.

They may lose some sales to the new helix or kempler but a lot of things like that are brand allied anyways. The important thing is that they'll sell every single one they build and they won't waste a dime.

That would be great FAS mentioning the average production rate (i.e. 30 units/month) and if there is any plan to improve it. That would reduce anxiety and calm down everyone.

That would be great FAS mentioning the average production rate (i.e. 30 units/month) and if there is any plan to improve it. That would reduce anxiety and calm down everyone.
I don't think anything will calm "anxiety". The anxiety is usually found in newer guys who don't really know what they will be getting and we all know Gas is a crazy thing. Guys that are lower on the wait list would just get further disheartened if they know say 30 units shipped a month but they will run out of units in two weeks wait 4 weeks for a new shipment of who know how many units and then FAS will focus on over seas distribution for a few weeks ect ect ect. First time FAS started sending some units over seas people got mad. Like if FAS should ignore their over seas customer and only deal with the US first (not a cool attitude to have)

I would think there would be a few returns on these occasionally for various reasons. Does Fractal sell these as refurbished or (OUT OF BOX) type sales? If so, where does one find one?

I would think there would be a few returns on these occasionally for various reasons. Does Fractal sell these as refurbished or (OUT OF BOX) type sales? If so, where does one find one?
Technically they do sell B stock. When there are some for sale M@ posts it in the news section

Posted on the Euro updates forum

"Dear (almost) AX8 Owner,

The next AX8 shipment is expected to be ready the last week of March or first week of April. Those who will get one from the next shipment will be informed as soon as we get the exact shipping date and quantity confirmed. Another shipment should follow soon after; we expect to get huge quantities in April.

Thanks again for your patience.

Kind Regards
Sussi"

Yes we are. I received confirmation at 8:52pm Central on Oct 13...no invite yet. There must have been an incredible number of people on the waitlist on the first day. Matt said that a lot of units were going out last week and this week. I have no doubt units are going out but not everyone posts here after they order. I think Fractal is up to 9:00 pm Eastern time on the waitlist. I'll post when I get an invite...not sure it will be this week...can't even predict at this point.

Back
Top Bottom