AX8 USA/Canada Purchase Invitations

I think he actually just sent them a wait list request, and didn't actually recieve an invite to purchase.

Yeah, I am in no hurry! And yes, I literally just got on the wait list today. I also tend to keep the last few of anything, not parting with my Eleven Rack or HD500x anytime soon, and Helix is here to stay. Ditto to my crazy pedaltrain-keeley-fulltone-pedal switcher pedalboard. So, I will be thrilled if AX8 can join my gear crew sometime between my birthday in April and Christmas 2016!

Yeah, I am in no hurry! And yes, I literally just got on the wait list today. I also tend to keep the last few of anything, not parting with my Eleven Rack or HD500x anytime soon, and Helix is here to stay. Ditto to my crazy pedaltrain-keeley-fulltone-pedal switcher pedalboard. So, I will be thrilled if AX8 can join my gear crew sometime between my birthday in April and Christmas 2016!
That's cool news!
At least SOMEONE will get theirs after l do.

Yeah that's how I'm approaching it. I'm exploring other stuff while I wait. Have been tweaking this Amplifire with ok results and anxiously awaiting a Two Notes Torpedo Live that arrives tomorrow. Figure it'll give me a better idea of how I like modeling and FRFR, since the Amplifire and previous experience with an HD 500 and HD Pro have been my my only experiences. Hoping to find someone with an AxeFx2 that I might run through my CLR for a few minutes just to decide whether this modeling business is even gonna be my thing.

Have you not found the amps in the Amplifire to sound better than the line6 units ?

Have you not found the amps in the Amplifire to sound better than the line6 units ?
Haven't had the HD stuff for a while, and was using those strictly in IEMs and now using the Amplifire strictly in FRFR. Acknowledging that, and understanding that I'm a noob, I'd say yes they are better sounding but I'm just not finding it "amp like" enough. Worried that modeling simply may not be for me. So I'll try a real amp into cab sims and then find a way to check out Quantum...whether in an AX8 that I own or a borrowed AxeFx2 if I can arrange that beforehand.

Haven't had the HD stuff for a while, and was using those strictly in IEMs and now using the Amplifire strictly in FRFR. Acknowledging that, and understanding that I'm a noob, I'd say yes they are better sounding but I'm just not finding it "amp like" enough. Worried that modeling simply may not be for me. So I'll try a real amp into cab sims and then find a way to check out Quantum...whether in an AX8 that I own or a borrowed AxeFx2 if I can arrange that beforehand.
This is the way to go... Trying a real amp through a Torpedo will you give you a very accurate view of what to expect
from top modelling. It might be more that you are too used to hearing the amp in the room blended in with
mic'ed signal etc? Takes some getting used to playing strictly lined (be it with an amp->loadbox->IR
or a modelling solution.

Myself I use a TwoNotes ReLoad, and lining my amp through that and then adding IR's is a good way to
do shootouts against modelling gear (using the same IR's on those for sake of reference).
That's how I ultimately ended up parting with the Helix, just wasn't (to my ears) comparable
with the amp->IR solution.

This is the way to go... Trying a real amp through a Torpedo will you give you a very accurate view of what to expect
from top modelling. It might be more that you are too used to hearing the amp in the room blended in with
mic'ed signal etc? Takes some getting used to playing strictly lined (be it with an amp->loadbox->IR
or a modelling solution.

Myself I use a TwoNotes ReLoad, and lining my amp through that and then adding IR's is a good way to
do shootouts against modelling gear (using the same IR's on those for sake of reference).
That's how I ultimately ended up parting with the Helix, just wasn't (to my ears) comparable
with the amp->IR solution.
Wow...you are SO right! The Torpedo Live sounds amazing. I was able to dial it in FAAAASSST. It immediately sounded and felt WAY better than the Amplifire. Switched to headphones and it sounds even better there! I'm starting to wonder if the Atomic CLR is part of the problem I'm having. Now I'm really anxious to hear the AX8...I have a great reference to determine just how great it is. Bonus: I'm gonna really enjoy this while I wait! I already have a couple of days off for weather so I'll have time to play!

Last edited:
I am surprised it has not moved faster than this. I think in previous releases the domestic market was served first, I think it's kind of cool that they are spreading it around this time.

No word of recent invites, US or international. Surprising given Cliff's early comments that there would be plenty of AX8s to go around, and M@'s comments that various floodgates are being opened. Certainly a trickle at best thus far.

No word of recent invites, US or international. Surprising given Cliff's early comments that there would be plenty of AX8s to go around, and M@'s comments that various floodgates are being opened. Certainly a trickle at best thus far.

I'm ordering a db Instrument 4E expression pedal and I sent an email to them to find out what the expected wait time might be. I received a reply from Derrick and he told me that he was waiting on parts and it might be after the first of the year, that was back on 12/22/15.

I went ahead and put myself on a pre order list on 1/11/16, he confirmed with me on the 12th. I sent a message today just checking to see if I could get an update. Derrick replied "Looks like everything will be shipping out at the end of this month! I'm currently at NAMM and hopefully get things all finished up next week".

That wasn't so hard... no production numbers just a hopeful answer, granted he is probably not cranking out thousands of units but the application is the same.

Is Fractal at NAMM? If so, are they saying anything?
So no one has received an invitation to purchase an AX8 since sometime late 10/13/15? (depending on the time zone ... LOL) Just curious, not sure what the secrecy is all about; kinda' strange. :)

Back
Top Bottom