Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.05 Firmware Release

I really like the new FAS Hot Rod. Just don't get why is so gainy...
IMHO the gain is way to much. I'm using it about 1.0, cause I like to use my volume knob to clean up my sound. Maybe the 100w plexi high works better in this case.
Btw would be nice to have the FAS Hot Rod tone stack available on any amps.
I know, that was A wish :)
a big difference between a plexi and a take on a hot-rodded Marshall tone....probably not the right amp for what you are doing, it doesn't have too much gain.

I really like the new FAS Hot Rod. Just don't get why is so gainy...
IMHO the gain is way to much. I'm using it about 1.0, cause I like to use my volume knob to clean up my sound. Maybe the 100w plexi high works better in this case.
Btw would be nice to have the FAS Hot Rod tone stack available on any amps.
I know, that was A wish :)

You don't use a chainsaw to slice cheese.

Finally got to load 1.05 after loving 1.03 and spurning 1.04 - i'm back to loving again! Marvelous - thanks!

Gigging 1.05 tonight, looking forward to it. Thanks for your continuing work Fractal Audio!

Tonight I spent two hours with the Plexi 100 jump. This amp has balls. I like balls.

(using the CK Brit TV SM57-R121 B01 cab)

I know, off topic, but I really appeciate that you included the cab. It is so helpful to have cab-amp combos to try; one of the best tips anyone can give me. I have a few favorites, but never feel like I'm fully in the know since IRs spell such a big difference. There needs to be an Axe Fx clinic called "IR for success".

Last edited:
i believe "hot rod" refers to a lot of gain. perhaps use a different amp for less gain?
Ok,ok! I've got it! Then maybe I need a FAS cold road model.
I just wanna keep this tight perfect distorsion and instantly great balanced sound. When my amp is boosted, it's really on high gain. But without boosting it, I'm able to play bluesy jazzy, and clean things. One amp, four scenes, that's all.
Anyway, this is one more reason to make that Tone Stack available.
Aaaaaaand CLIFF, FYI:
110828_Chainsaw_Mouse.jpg

Last edited:
I know, off topic, but I really appeciate that you included the cab. It is so helpful to have cab-amp combos to try; one of the best tips anyone can give me. I have a few favorites, but never feel like I'm fully in the know since IRs spell such a big difference. There needs to be an Axe Fx clinic called "IR for success".

I typically grab an appropriate cab for the model, and try mic variations until I find something that appeals. Mikko's alloy mixes usually give me a good starting off point.

I gigged with 1.05 tonight using that amp/cab combo for my bridge crunch preset and got several compliments on the tone as well as how well it sat in the mix from a guitarist friend in the audience. I also got compliments on a shimmer preset I used for the "flute" solo in Nights In White Satin.

Back
Top Bottom