Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.05 Firmware Release

realzied last that the change modeling version type or whatever it is goes between 1.01 and 1.04 not 1.05

is that correct ?

The Herbie model changed as there was an error in the Cathode Follower values. I think the gain may be slightly less too. The new Herbie model is more accurate but that doesn't mean it will sound better to you. Personally I like the new model better as the old model had too much compression which caused this weird scratchiness when rolling off the volume.
Hey Cliff, I noticed that when I check the tonestack that it is the typical default on the Herbie and that there is also a Herbie tonestack in the list. The Herbie sounds more likeable to me than the default. Is it a placebo effect or are they truly different? Maybe it's the one that was replaced but still in the list?

Hey Cliff, I noticed that when I check the tonestack that it is the typical default on the Herbie and that there is also a Herbie tonestack in the list. The Herbie sounds more likeable to me than the default. Is it a placebo effect or are they truly different? Maybe it's the one that was replaced but still in the list?

The default tone stack IS the Herbie. When Tone Stack Type is set to Default it uses the default tone stack for the model which, in this case, is the Herbie (stack #93). So anything you are hearing is imagined.

Your magical product, for a brief moment, makes me feel on the inside, the way Alex Lifeson probably feels when he powers up his Axe Fx. Then I am brought back to reality when I strap a guitar on, and play....and uncover the great chasm betwixt our guitar playing.....

Your magical product, for a brief moment, makes me feel on the inside, the way Alex Lifeson probably feels when he powers up his Axe Fx. Then I am brought back to reality when I strap a guitar on, and play....and uncover the great chasm betwixt our guitar playing.....

I should post some clips ... you'd feel soooooo much better about your playing if I did. :)

I believe playing good is half in the mind. You need to slay that guitar and have a tonne of attitude. My wife probably thinks i completely suck at guitar. But every time she cones into the room while i play i can almost feel the invisible knives in my back and when i look at her there is the unspoken question in her eyes "why arent you doing housework"

If you set Preamp Hardness to 6.0 1.05 is identical to 1.04. Identical.

c247863a47f994c4943a2239194e878f.jpg

"And what exactly makes you acceptable as an Axe FX expert, Miss Vito???
tomei.jpg

"Well, my father was a quantum mechanic. His father was a quantum mechanic. My mother's father was a quantum mechanic. My 3 brothers are quantum mechanics. Four uncles on my father's side are quantum mechanics."

Back
Top Bottom