Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.05 Firmware Release

With Quantum, especially 1.03, I was having many of the presets i had ignored begin to sound interesting. With 1.05 I am noticing that auditioning and finding sounds for a mix-context is easier, like there's more "friendliness"...and something appealing about all sounds out of the box in any mix context.

There is something to what you said here. Since Quantum, I enjoy many more amp models and presets than I used to (I'm talking about at band volumes.) I can use more amp types with my band and still cut through and be happy. I've been a 3 maybe 4 amp guy for the last year, and honestly don't tweak much at all anymore. I just play. But... time may be be coming for me to dig back in to the tweaking realm a bit to see if I can move the ball forward some tonally.

(especially since my playing has to be limited right now. Struggling with carpel tunnel really badly. It's why I don't post much lately.)

I started using different amps in Quantum 1.

That was where I really could hear and feel some of the amp models come alive.

Some people's aversion to knowledge cracks me up LMAO.

knowledge would require Cliff actually sharing what it is he's measuring, how he's modeling it etc.

Just because I say I like one dish better than another after the chef says its new and improved doesn't mean I know how it was cooked, every ingredient and how much etc

I could also detect a change to the late bloom in the upper mids with a new resonance at 3.65KHz accompanied by the fragrance of coriander.

Wow!!! You too huh!?!?! 1.0.5 is so hot I also detected a hint of a scorpion pepper based secret sauce lol...

knowledge would require Cliff actually sharing what it is he's measuring, how he's modeling it etc.

Just because I say I like one dish better than another after the chef says its new and improved doesn't mean I know how it was cooked, every ingredient and how much etc

Knowledge as in right now, for the computer nerd in me, it is somewhat nebulous as to what 1.05 needed up being. I didn't say I wanted detailed info as to how he codes, etc. The musician in me doesn't give a rat's a$$ what's in there. It sounds good!

Added “Plexi 50W 6550” - I tried this for the first time today, it's my new favorite marshal ATM. love it!

My next mission when I fire up the AFX is to experiment more with that amp...I've waited my whole life to try a variety of Marshalls in their sweet spot and not go deaf in the process. I'm loving the Marshall's in Quantum so much...

Tonight I spent two hours with the Plexi 100 jump. This amp has balls. I like balls.

(using the CK Brit TV SM57-R121 B01 cab)

I really like the new FAS Hot Rod. Just don't get why is so gainy...
IMHO the gain is way to much. I'm using it about 1.0, cause I like to use my volume knob to clean up my sound. Maybe the 100w plexi high works better in this case.
Btw would be nice to have the FAS Hot Rod tone stack available on any amps.
I know, that was A wish :)

I really like the new FAS Hot Rod. Just don't get why is so gainy...
IMHO the gain is way to much. I'm using it about 1.0, cause I like to use my volume knob to clean up my sound. Maybe the 100w plexi high works better in this case.
Btw would be nice to have the FAS Hot Rod tone stack available on any amps.
I know, that was A wish :)
Well, it's in the name really... It's a hot-rodded Marshall :)

Back
Top Bottom