Is it just me ... or is anyone else starting to think we -wont- see the AX8 until Q1 2016 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the update Rex!

See that wasn't so hard, was it? Simple note from someone in the know that it's not ready yet and FAS is working hard for their customers.

Really? I mean, wouldn't the fact that is hasn't started shipping to waitlisters yet already let you know that it's not ready yet. And if that's the case, wouldn't that mean that FAS was working hard to get it ready. Unless you think that they're just being dicks to annoy you? Seriously, people have to calm down about this stuff :D
-
Austin

Really? I mean, wouldn't the fact that is hasn't started shipping to waitlisters yet already let you know that it's not ready yet. And if that's the case, wouldn't that mean that FAS was working hard to get it ready. Unless you think that they're just being dicks to annoy you? Seriously, people have to calm down about this stuff :D
-
Austin

But you have to calm down, too. Let tell him his opinion. It needs 5 minutes to write some words but after weeks getting nothing is allowed to say something. I don't like here that some people think they can other people tell what to say and what not.

Cliff posted last Wednesday that they were still fixing bugs in the AX8. Maybe this is the biggest holdup and it's reasonable that Fractal aren't going to keep dishing out information that the delay is being caused by bugs or other behind-the-scenes factors. No company is going to be too forthcoming with information about why a product is delayed. I reckon they're getting it as bug-free as they can so it stacks up well against the Helix from that perspective. Seems lots of people have returned their Helix due to bugs, so if Fractal can release the AX8 with as few bugs as possible they're going to keep people in the Fractal "universe" much more easily. There's probably a lot at stake business-wise with all this.

Still, I'm as excited as the rest of you about getting this unit. I hold out hope that at least the US waitlist will receive units before the holidays, otherwise they're going to lose people who'll blow all their cash over the holidays.

The AX8 will be the first Fractal product for a large number of people. The desire to make as best a first impression as possible must be high.

When it ships it'll be glorious. Until then, enjoy playing your guitar and dreaming of your new tool arriving.

... I hold out hope that at least the US waitlist will receive units before the holidays, otherwise they're going to lose people who'll blow all their cash over the holidays.

Just a wild guess, but there's a chance that many on the wait list are not impulse buyers with $1399 laying around that will go up in smoke on Black Friday if an AX8 transaction isn't made by then. And those that do blow their wad elsewhere will allow more committed players to get an AX8 earlier. I'm content to wait. Better than the the false economy of having the units rushed out the door before they are perfected and then being buried in complaints, returns, and the doom and gloom of "never time to do it right, always time to do it over". "When we get there" works for me.

Then again: Its easy for me to be patient: I've lived this long without an AX8 and survived, and never gave any thought to what I imagine I could be missing out on now that might exist in the future. Lucky me: I've got a couple great sounding amps and just the right pickups in the Strat in the here and now.

Last edited:
i dont get the fuss....some units were given to artists and friends to evaluate and maybe make presets for...and work some bugs out...Cliff likely shouldnt have implied that units are shipping to waitlisters....its all part of the hype/buzz needed to sell a product...marketing 101....people are so weird with all this me first..i need it now mentality...

What's going on is that people are slamming hard to deliver a box that's solid and done right the first time—just like the Axe-Fx and FX8 were. Which, I'm happy to say, is business as usual.

My FX8 has been fine for what I do, but others have had issues and can't gig their FX8s so they would argue it wasn't done right the first time.

The fact is that no matter how much testing you do, once you send a new product in to the wild you're likely to find new issues because customers use it in unanticipated ways or certain systems react with the unit differently etc... But to the extent they've identified issues they certainly need to address them before sending the unit to consumers to reduce the number of problems found by consumers.

And I still see bug reports on the Axe-FX, so no, even after 20 something updates over years, it's still not perfect. That's not a criticism. It's just the nature of the beast.

i dont get the fuss....some units were given to artists and friends to evaluate and maybe make presets for...and work some bugs out...Cliff likely shouldnt have implied that units are shipping to waitlisters....its all part of the hype/buzz needed to sell a product...marketing 101....people are so weird with all this me first..i need it now mentality...

Sending the units out to experienced testers and demo artists was absolutely the right thing to do. Their feedback is likely leading to the identification of the bugs Cliff mentioned that they're working to fix. Cliff's post was probably made in good faith in his enthusiasm, but somewhat disingenuous. Still, the process is the process. Talking about it seems to be a popular pastime on the interwebs in general, not just here. Something to pass the time I guess.

My FX8 has been fine for what I do, but others have had issues and can't gig their FX8s so they would argue it wasn't done right the first time.
That's a rare occurrence, and it's hardly evidence that the FX8 wasn't "done right." Your next point brings it back to reality:

...to the extent they've identified issues they certainly need to address them before sending the unit to consumers...
And that's what's happening.

No, they're not. The FX8 is solid, and it's been solid since it was released.

See what happens, my friends, when you spread FUD? With a few words, you plant unfounded worries in people's minds.

Thanks for putting my mind at rest!!

FUD?

I said my FX8 has been fine but others have reported issues. That's the truth.
The FUD was the suggestion that a couple of issues out of thousands of units might be an indication that it "wasn't done right." You can see how this planted an unfounded worry in at least one person's mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom