Is it just me ... or is anyone else starting to think we -wont- see the AX8 until Q1 2016 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya, I'm feeling kind of duped!! I thought they were going to actually start shipping to the wait list last week, I sold my AXII XL to have the funds available for the AX8. Now a week later I've sold a couple other things and could have kept the Axe and MFC and still bought the AX8. Live and learn I guess.
I meant huh like sorry....i guess you could rebuy the axefx2xl+ and mfc...i mean you didnt sell it for a loss did you? Besides having the ax8 and the axefx2 xl with mfc could be overkill anyhow...

I meant huh like sorry....i guess you could rebuy the axefx2xl+ and mfc...i mean you didnt sell it for a loss did you? Besides having the ax8 and the axefx2 xl with mfc could be overkill anyhow...

Ya, I jumped the gun big time, I'm new to Fractal, just got my XL a few months ago. I knew I wanted the AX8 all along but needed something while I waited. Didn't know at the time this seems to be the typical Fractal rollout. Oh well, I got on the first day so I'll keep my hopes up I get it sooner than later. I'll use my 11r for now.

wish i could afford the axefx2xl+ right now but its not possible...$1400 is my limit at this point.So ax8 it is to try...I dont gig aNYmore so the rack unit would be better for me but the reason i was even swayed to fractal at all at this point is the pricepoint of the ax8.

Its like if line6 released a hz600 with helix brain inside but way less features...many guys would likely get the hz600 at alot less price so they can have the helix modeling brain and it would fit their budget....now would guys who buy the helix rack ALSO get the hz600? I would guess by the mentality of some people they would and say the hz600 is more gigable so yes even thought they have the helix rack they would get the hz600...and some would just get the floorboard made for the rack and call it a day.

I gotta say from a selling standpoint it seems like you would want to get this out by black Friday while funds are still totally available. Too much later and I gotta imagine a lot of people will be having issues with having the cash to throw down with Christmas so close around the corner.

Very true...

I gotta say from a selling standpoint it seems like you would want to get this out by black Friday while funds are still totally available. Too much later and I gotta imagine a lot of people will be having issues with having the cash to throw down with Christmas so close around the corner.

Nah. They'll easily be able to sell as many as they have in hand regardless of when they release them.
-
Austin

The time does make one wonder what's going on. Still no manual even. No definitive list of effects. I understand business as usual. We'll find out when we find out.

I keep checking back daily, but I too am thinking its a while out?? Too many unanswered questions. The manual and the presets are a push button away once they are ready with a stable board.

Does anyone know how many A listers have received their units and are out there trying them? My guess is that they may be reporting a few bugs and the work is getting them fixed with new Firmware.

In Fractals defense, nobody here wants to be gigging and loose presets, have lock ups, and or have their board fail during a show. I for one am willing to wait for a stable product! Whose with me? As my Grampa said, "Better Safe, Than Sorry!".

I'm happy to wait till it's right - I set up a temporary rig for gigging to cover me until it arrives but I can't help think it would have been easier to just say they hope to start shipping to people on the waiting list by the end of November instead of giving the impression they would start by the end of October (unless something very unexpected happened and it needs tweaking in a way that ruined plans)

i'm not selling any gear just yet, i made that mistake last time when they released the first Axe2. Wound up having to jam through GuitarRig5 for 2 months. Currently my Kemper stays put until i have the AX8 in my hands.

I'll stick to my original theory... they're going to open up the wait list on Black Friday with $300 OFF... so $1099 all in for AX8 thread participants only.

A guy can dream, right?

The time does make one wonder what's going on. Still no manual even. No definitive list of effects. I understand business as usual. We'll find out when we find out.
What's going on is that people are slamming hard to deliver a box that's solid and done right the first time—just like the Axe-Fx and FX8 were. Which, I'm happy to say, is business as usual.

What's going on is that people are slamming hard to deliver a box that's solid and done right the first time

Thanks for the update Rex!

See that wasn't so hard, was it? Simple note from someone in the know that it's not ready yet and FAS is working hard for their customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom