Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.01 Firmware Release

Legendary, thanks Cliff.

By the way, these are the release notes:

Fixed sending IR to a scratchpad location does not update if using Cabinet 2.

Fixed several mistakes in Herbie models.

Fixed timeout when backing up system data if preset has high CPU usage.

Improved CPU usage.

Well, I was going to bed. Guess that's delayed.

Danke as always, Cliff. Your tireless dedication allows me to earn a living with the best possible tone available. :)

Improved CPU usage.

AWESOME! I've been working on a patch all evening and was pushing CPU pretty high, so I removed a few things and got it down to 86% last time I checked. Then I noticed the update, applied immediately, and the same patch is now at 79%. This may seem trivial to some, but this extra little headroom will allow me to add things like cab preamps and better reverbs to a ton of my patches that were close to the limit before. Listed as a minor update, but this is major for me. HUGE THANKS CLIFF.

Also, I noticed that scene switching works again when first powering up. I never mentioned it on here, but with 1.00 I would fire up my mark 1 with my original MFC, and I wouldn't be able to switch scenes via MFC until I bounced around a few patches first. It would then work fine for the duration of the session. Not sure if it was fw related or not, but whatever it was it's gone.

Also, I noticed that scene switching works again when first powering up. I never mentioned it on here, but with 1.00 I would fire up my mark 1 with my original MFC, and I wouldn't be able to switch scenes via MFC until I bounced around a few patches first. It would then work fine for the duration of the session. Not sure if it was fw related or not, but whatever it was it's gone.

Cliff mentioned Expression Pedals now work upon booth without changing Presets, but perhaps that fix also fixed your Scenes/Switches similarly not working. awesome!

Cliff mentioned Expression Pedals now work upon booth without changing Presets, but perhaps that fix also fixed your Scenes/Switches similarly not working. awesome!

I saw that, but the thing is all 3 of my expression pedals would always work instantly on boot up. I never experienced that issue, but my scene IAs wouldn't work. Each of my 3 expression pedals are different models too. Regardless, this made my day as I'm sure it will others!

One thing I've noticed, not sure if it's specific to this firmware but man..... the preset changes are getting fast.

I remember there used to be a little bit of lag when swapping presets but now it's like lightning.

Back
Top Bottom