RAC12 - New 1U rack controller for Axe-Fx II / XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anybody who runs Rac12edit on Windows 10? I can't get it working with Windowws 10, tried it with three different computers.
The driver is installed correctly. After the first start of Rac12edit it reads the confguration out of the instrument, but that was it. After that the software doesn't response anymore.

Somehow the connection between the macbook and the rac12 does not seem to work anymore. I could not update the device.
What to do in such a moment?

Thats very strange, because I tried 3 different computers with Windows 10 and none of them works with Rac12Edit. What could that be?

Thats very strange, because I tried 3 different computers with Windows 10 and none of them works with Rac12Edit. What could that be?
I don't know, i have to try to install win10 on a virtua machine and see what happens but that will need some time, i can't find a win10 licence atm

It even don't work on a fresh installed Windows 10. Then I installed a VM with Windows 8 on that computer. In this VM environment Rac12Edit works! But that's not a permanent solution :D :D

I'm stopped at win 7 64 (too much music stuff and 3d and video graphic... i don't wanna thake risk!)
But... dunno... there is a "compatible mode" in win 10? Maybe with it you don't need any VM!

WOW ppl!!!
the more I use the RAC12 the more I LOVE it and the more deep I go inside the Axe secrets!!!
The RAC12 is the more natural way to interact with the Axe.
AND the selection of a cab is a pleasure... just rotate a knob a you can go through all the factory and all the user slots in seconds while strumming the guitar.
GREAT!!!

RAC12 is all about speed & intuition for me also... By the time I'd mouse-clicked (or 'front-panelled') my way from Amp block Gain, to MV, to Trim, to Dynamics, to another page for Bass, Middle & Treble, and back again for less dynamics, and fwd for.... I'd totally lost the vibe & feel for what I was trying to improve/achieve... This was a constant source of frustration & I really could not get past it in any reasonable amount of time without a RAC12... Now, with Quantum, the results are pretty damn spectacular I have to say...

Ok, now the easy bit ;) for the next gen just add...
1. scribble strips so we can see what each knob represents as we change page...
2. Assignable foot-switch i/o (1/4" jacks - or midi learn?) so that we can inc/dec values by foot.. (Imagine scrolling through cabs by foot while continuing to play, dialling delay repeats, levels, etc, etc, etc...)

Oh look, youve just beaten Helix at their own game! :encouragement:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom