1500 bucks, you say, Line6?

they're tied by trade law from commenting on future support/amp models/etc ????

what trade law are they speaking of, and why are they tied

have you played a klon ? I have once. it was a silver but still a klon .and it really wasnt anything that special. nice clean boost and all but thats about it
Yeah, the definition of "holy grail" varies, depending on which guitarist you ask.

they're tied by trade law from commenting on future support/amp models/etc ????

what trade law are they speaking of, and why are they tied

I'm not a lawyer, no idea. You can goto TGP and I think it's around page 43 or thereabouts where they start discussing FAS's commitment to continually upgrading the platform and asking whether or not L6 would get on the same treadmill that FAS created, and parse it yourself. General gist was that L6 is a publicly traded company and therefore cannot comment on anything not officially released. Makes sense to me.

Yeah, the definition of "holy grail" varies, depending on which guitarist you ask.

Right, and, speaking for myself only, I admit I tend to chase the next effect or upgrade, in hopes, that it will make me sound better. And the reality is, I already have all the tools, and the weakness is my own playing, not the gear.

have you played a klon ? I have once. it was a silver but still a klon .and it really wasnt anything that special. nice clean boost and all but thats about it.IMHO its really not needed to be moddeled . most people just use it as a buffer anyway

back on L6 power to em . they have talked big in the past and not delivered but the helix looks good. real test will be when it hits the streets

That's all it's supposed to be is a clean boost, nothing more. That's the point. It does the same thing as a tube screamer with just the level up except it does it better.

A tubescreamer would be like Line 6 in quality, a Klon is like Fractal in quality.

If it's so simple & easy to do, then I don't know why it hasn't been done by Fractal yet. Perhaps Cliff is not capable of reproducing the Klon model? Well, I guess every man has his limitations.

Right, and, speaking for myself only, I admit I tend to chase the next effect or upgrade, in hopes, that it will make me sound better. And the reality is, I already have all the tools, and the weakness is my own playing, not the gear.

I'd say it's the holy grail if you want to improve upon the SRV tone. That's why I want it, and why many people lust after it. Because it's slightly better than a tubescreamer... but it's better, so if you like the TS and you want the best, you get a Klon.

The Helix will for sure sound better than the POD 500x, and as long as it sounds a little better than that, it's going to be a WIN for Line 6.

Glenn DeLaune is THE Mark Day of the Line 6 world!

https://youtu.be/fWM4LVeWqjE

Listen to that video of the artist presets he made with the POD 500...

That sounds pretty close to the tones the Axe Fx Standard got.

Bottom line is Axe Fx XL is $2500 + $750 MFC = $3,250 VS. Helix $1,200 after discount. (that's $2,050 savings because Helix is all in one)

Do yourselves a favor, Check out Glenn.

Tell me the tone he gets out of that POD sucks.

He apparently knows how to tweak the thing, because that POD sounds like Axe Fx standard.

I'm sure Helix will be better.

Soon who cares!, every company that creates a pedal can get good tones, and they roll out the names to prove it, we even regularly do comparisons here with bias and zooms and stuff, most of the time indistinguishable

Fractal isn't famous for creating a tone or 2 and rolling out someone to demoit

If that's all people care about, they can get any old 2 bit pedal and be happy.

However this is not why we buy the axefx, when be buy fractal we can get the last 50 years of amp tones configurable at different settings, cabs and effects, all in one unit

We get boutique company support, and advice from the owner himself that goes out of his way to make the best product on the market

We get near immediate bug fixes and great community that lines up to help, and a reliable product

<insert more reasons here>

Last edited:
I don't care why anyone on THIS forum bought the AXE, yall already have the AXE. The HELIX is not for yall. YOu already have a modeler. My point is Helix will succeed because it's going to be so close to the Axe FX standard in terms of tone, and has it all in one for 2 grand less than fractal & mfc.

And MOST people don't give a crap about having 200 amps, most end up only using a Fender for cleans & a Marshall for dirt.

So as long as Helix can do those two tones.

I'm buying a Axe Fx XL next month, mostly because of 2 videos that MARK DAY did.

I already know how to use Fractal for the most part, well I knew how to use the standard, XL don't look too much more hard.

And I already know XL gets all the tone I want.

All I give a crap about is getting SRV tone like Tyler on here gets and EVH tone like Mark Day got on Somebody Get Me A doctor.

That;s whats selling the Axe to me, none of the other BS.

My point is, if I had not had a Axe Fx already when it first came out, and had it not been for hearing Mark Day & Tyler, I most likely would be happy to get that Helix and save 2 grand.

My point being, there's going to be a TON of people that's NEVER heard of this Fractal forum that will buy the Helix.

I hope Line 6 rakes in the money too, because apparently at least they were nice enough to include a Klon Centaur.

If it's so simple & easy to do, then I don't know why it hasn't been done by Fractal yet. Perhaps Cliff is not capable of reproducing the Klon model? Well, I guess every man has his limitations.
You do like to toss bait in the water, my brother.

You do like to toss bait in the water, my brother.

I'd just like to see a Klon in the Axe Fx.... everyone keeps singing the praise of Cliff for giving all the free FW updates... 1. he don't do it for players benefit, he does it so he can get feedback to improve his product. Otherwise he'd probably just release once or twice a year like everyone else, but he's smart to get the instant feedback like he does with those FW updates, helps him stay on the cutting edge.

But it's very insulting that he won't add the Klon to the Axe Fx.

That's all it's supposed to be is a clean boost, nothing more. That's the point. It does the same thing as a tube screamer with just the level up except it does it better.

A tubescreamer would be like Line 6 in quality, a Klon is like Fractal in quality.

to be honest I only spent half hour with the klon but I didint find it very tubescreamer like at all . felt like it added some nice presnece and sparkle to me but didint have the pronounced TS mid hump

good thing is there is a new pedal from line 6 called the helix and I read it has a klon .

It is when most people hail him as the guy that gives players what they want in a unit, but yet for whatever unknown reason, he won't include the best clean boost pedal of all time, A pedal that fetches over $1,000 on Ebay sometimes (gold version) and only sold for about $300 new I think, but has tripled in price now because it's so highly sought after. It's insulting that he does not care about the people that would like to have the Klon. I'm sure it's gotta be easy for him to program in there, probably would only take him what, maybe a couple hours to a day to do? But he doesn't. Just seems like it would be no harm putting it in there, it would only serve to satisfy MORE people.

Soon, have you even played or own a Klon, and please explain in your own words what is the ground breaking tone it does (that you seem to be missing out on)

to be honest I only spent half hour with the klon but I didint find it very tubescreamer like at all . felt like it added some nice presnece and sparkle to me but didint have the pronounced TS mid hump

good thing is there is a new pedal from line 6 called the helix and I read it has a klon .

EXACTLY! That's EXACTLY the sound of the Klon. Sparkle & presence without that mid hump. I think that for SRV clean ballads that pedal sounds better than the TS like on Lenny & Riveria Paradise.

Soon, have you even played or own a Klon, and please explain in your own words what is the ground breaking tone it does (that you seem to be missing out on)

It's not a night & day difference between a TS. It -IS- very, very subtle... but if you are OBSESSED to where TONE is more importanyt to you than anything else in all of LIFE itself, then it's a big deal. It's a very big deal to me. And to many other people too. It gives you a small edge, that perhaps only someone with Eric Johnsons ears would ever notice, but I don't care. I want it.

And just to be clear, I don't use a TS for gain/distortion/drive... I belive in getting all that from the tubes. It's all about diming the level and keeping the rest at almost 0.

Even the regular TS was never good enough for me, I used to get all my TS pedals modded by Analogman back when I played real amps.

I'm extremely anal about tone.

Back
Top Bottom