Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.10 Released

Wow! Thanks FAS!

Lol, I just got into bed and saw this. Won't be able to convince the wife that I have something urgent to go and do!!

Did some quick tests, 18.08 vs. 18.10. My clean patch (Carr Rambler) sounds about the same. My "grit" (AC-20), crunch and lead (both Plexi 100W High) patches all have more clarity & bite to them. I like that, and expect they will sit better in the mix.

Terry.

EDIT. . . .
I just listened to my test clips with fresh ears and now all my before/after patches sound the same (not just the clean one). I should have taken a break after recording to do my critical listening.

My apologies if I misled anyone.

Terry.

Last edited:
Phase inverter in the amp block as in referring to the modeling of the phase inverter tube, or no?

Sounds to me like 2 possibly small yet crucial improvements to reaching authentic realism in the modeling. The nerd inside me is always excited for these types of steps forward.

Got a transfer error while updating via FractalBot, and that's a first. Repeating the process. Anything I should be concerned with?

Edit: Second time went fine. Thanks FAS crew!

ummm like cliff can we like have a switch so I can go between the new and improved phase inverter and the old version? I felt the old version gave much more "vintage" sounding tones

LOL just messing with you. Thanks Again for your unrelenting efforts to improve this already amazing device. :D

I had literally 10 mins to give it a try and got completely absorbed into a Splawn Quickrod patch I made a few weeks back.

Just sounds freaking stellar !!! I wish I could provide a more objective description vs 18.08 but I can't - it sound and felt so damn good.

The sad part is I can't tear myself away from the Brit Silver long enough to try a G3'ed amp. Cheers to global modeling improvements!

Back
Top Bottom