My favorite amp models [Yek]

Nope. Not normal.

Maybe... Check the output EQ? Global button, 2nd tab?

System reset or re-load of the firmware might be in order.

I have done both but still i see the same peak on the A,B and C notes...The other notes don't create the peak..I didn't understand why, maybe i should open a thread on discussions...

And another thing i couldn't fix is, i have too much 125Hz from all presets(not from only yek's presets, almost all of the higain presets). Is this normal?
Finally i put a graphic equalizer at the end of the chain, and pull the 125Hz all the way down(-12), it destroyed the tone but 125HZ value on the multimeter dropped to just -15 value..
My guitar has EMG 81-85 and i have the peak mostly at palm muted A,B and C powerchords.. Is this because of the guitar or do you see that frequency jump too?

Edit: I see that on my ibanez RG2570(stock pickups) too..
View attachment 24278
Looks like a typical amp /speaker response curve.

Friedman BE and Morgan are my mainstay amp models. I stick to these models in all my regular presets.

And there are some 'favorites among the favorites', some of which aren't mentioned that often on the forum. The Ruby Rocket for example, which is my Vox tone choice, together with the Morgan (and Matchless DC-30). Peavy 6505 for high gain, it's so chewy. The Divided by 13 FTR's raw filthy tone when pushed into distortion. The Two-Rock Jet 35, and the Ojai in Santana-style, for leads.

yek, you just mentioned most of my top picks for my presets as well, save for a few additional amps. I use the various plexi types as opposed to the Friedmans, but the others you mentioned are some of my favorites. The Swart is my main amp- I could do a whole night with that amp model easily (using scenes). Great minds and all that... as they say.

Reactions: yek
Yek, thanks a lot for posting your settings. I have a Mark II and with your settings now i have been using amps that previously i could not dial well, like the Roamer, the Triptik, Budda, etc. Thanks again for taking the time to post those settings for the non XL owners.

Great job Yek ! I discovered really good amps I'm not used to play with. Will you add Mesa amps presets ?

Thank you very much Yek (and Johan btw)! Very generous of you, as usual. I've "discovered" the 4x12 D120 cab lately and and it's an amazing ir for sure.

Back
Top Bottom