Major fault with Axe fx XL

andyp13

Power User
I have had the axe fx XL and MFC-101 for two weeks, when practicing today I unplu my guitar (guitar end) to swap to another one and the Axe fx froze, I had to switch if of and back on again?

Every time I unplug a guitar it compleatly freezes? On occasion the green screen goes compleatly blank and the in/out lights are lit up.

This has really knocked the confidence out of using it live -

Has anyone else come accross this problem?

I always put mine in tuner mode to mute it when I change guitars or unplug. (both II & XL) Neither one has ever frozen from that. Is USB &/or Axe Edit connected?

I unplugged the usb etc, just tried it again, if I unplug a guitar from the guitar end and plug it back in again, it freezes, even with the volume pedal (connect to ex 1). I have done this with various presets, so it's not them, it obviously has something to do with the the interference noise of a guitar being plugged in etc, whatever it is, it should not happen.

Just put it into tuner mode, and unpluggedand pluged the guitar over and over and it was ok, it happens when in normal mode wether quiet/loudish or volume off. I guess I can live with it, as long as I remember to put it in to tuner mode, still should not do this though, is this happening to anyone else? Fancy trying it?

Just put it into tuner mode, and unpluggedand pluged the guitar over and over and it was ok, it happens when in normal mode wether quiet/loudish or volume off. I guess I can live with it, as long as I remember to put it in to tuner mode, still should not do this though, is this happening to anyone else? Fancy trying it?

Cliff said it's not normal-that sums it up

I'd reinstall the system bank. I use a neutrik cable with silent plugs to swap guitars and never had an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The same thing was happening to me two days ago. When I unplugged a guitar, then plugged in a new guitar the Axe Fx XL froze and I had to reboot. It happened several times, then the green screen went blank. This happened after upgrading to 16.4. Not sure why.

The same thing was happening to me two days ago. When I unplugged a guitar, then plugged in a new guitar the Axe Fx XL froze and I had to reboot. It happened several times, then the green screen went blank. This happened after upgrading to 16.4. Not sure why.

Is the guitar you plugged in (when it froze) active by any chance?
I plugged and unplugged my passive guitar and it was fine, when I did this with my Active guitar the Axefx freezes and the screen goes blank?

Been using Ultra, AF2 and XL for (hmmmm... seems like ever) and have NEVER had that happen on ANY of my units !!
Like CLiff stated, that is not normal... contact support!

Did you contact support?

I contacted G66 where I bought it from, they said they have Never heard of this before, and made a few suggestions for me to try, all failed. If I use my passive guitar it's ok, if I use my Active guitar it freezes if I don't press the tuner first.
No one has got back to me so I'm guessing ii will just have to put up with this problem and be very careful when using my Active guitar.
But if this seems to be happening to other people as well (see above posts) then it has to be a fault with the Axe and not my equipment as suggested.

So that's two of us, was the guitar you plugged in active or passive?

Yes I did read the post, no need to be so rude man, you don't have to take part if it annoys you.
For your information I have contacted my dealer, but they have not got back to me.

In reading all the posts, he wasn't being rude at all in any way, shape or form, he was pointing out that Cliff had chimed in that your issue was not supposed to be happening, and you hadn't acknowledged that response at all.........he also didn't say he was annoyed at all. Instead, like many members here, we are trying to help........

please specify the guitar you are using when you have this issue. I've never heard of this before. How hot are those pickup?

Back
Top Bottom