Slightly saddened by Guthrie... Again.

Dutch

Fractal Fanatic
Because what's that behind him, sort of blinking in sync with his playing?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bCEA6zPfmY

Of course this does not change my appreciation for him one bit. I love his playing. That blinking thing obviously does him justice although I think it sounds a bit thinnish...

But, like when he changed guitar brands...

I know it's nonsense, but I just can't shake this feeling of being ever so slightly...
Saddened...

Guthrie will sound like Guthrie, wether he plays Suhr, Charvel, Axe FX Kemper, Cornford or Victory. I don't care what gear he plays, he writes music to masturbate to.

Here, feel better :)

He probably changes gear as often as he washes his hair, which judging by how it's blowing around in that video is quite often :)

Why should that affect anybody else though?!

Just rootin' fer the home team...
That other vid is years old. The above just a couple of months.

BTW, don't know if it had come up before. Didn't see it before and a search didn't turn up anything.

He's a struggling musician, and could probably care less what he plays through. Just because you're good, doesn't make you rich. We have seen all kinds of stuff behind him over the years. The result of course is that he can make anything sound good. That's why I take artists using the product with a grain of sand, for cats like that they are probably given everything under the sun. I bet every artist on Fractals roster has been vetted by kemper at least once. This is where loyalty comes in. Who are you going to be loyal to, which football team is yours and are you going to defend it to the death. I think we are fighting for the right team, but you might not be fighting for any team, your prerogative, of course.

I misread it as : "Just because you're god, doesn't make you rich."

He's a struggling musician, and could probably care less what he plays through. Just because you're good, doesn't make you rich. We have seen all kinds of stuff behind him over the years. The result of course is that he can make anything sound good. That's why I take artists using the product with a grain of sand, for cats like that they are probably given everything under the sun. I bet every artist on Fractals roster has been vetted by kemper at least once. This is where loyalty comes in. Who are you going to be loyal to, which football team is yours and are you going to defend it to the death. I think we are fighting for the right team, but you might not be fighting for any team, your prerogative, of course.

No problem, Kemper is good gear. Just not our gear. Oh, and I'm not fighting, just rooting. Big difference.

All in good fun.

Cheers!

Although...
It doesn't say "Kemper presents" anywhere, as far as I can see. No mention of him being sponsored. No "Kemper presets inside" like with the Late Night Sessions. Possibly G chose to use the Kemper instead of the AxeFx which he also has (or at least used to have).
He's still posterboying for Fractal on the frontpage, right behind Alex Lifeson.
Maybe it's still easier to use and apparently sounds good enough. Or just all that was available.

Anyway, nuff said. Got more important stuff to do.

Last edited:
Because what's that behind him, sort of blinking in sync with his playing?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bCEA6zPfmY

Of course this does not change my appreciation for him one bit. I love his playing. That blinking thing obviously does him justice although I think it sounds a bit thinnish...

But, like when he changed guitar brands...

I know it's nonsense, but I just can't shake this feeling of being ever so slightly...
Saddened...

I always feel saddened when ever i see him play, i wish i could play like him..... that all that makes me feel like that.

:lol...That looks like a plastic toy....:roll.

No need to get your panties in a bunch. If you like them, its alright with me.

No problem, Kemper is good gear. Just not our gear. Oh, and I'm not fighting, just rooting. Big difference.

All in good fun.

Cheers!
+1 at "it's just gear, lol"

But you will be pleased to learn that he used it because it was there, as I read on another thread. It's not his Kemper, it was in the studio where he had to shoot the video

Back
Top Bottom