FAMC LF+ with Axe-Fx II - Quick Start Guide and Template:

I agree. If you organize your presets into songs, the next logical management of your gear is to operate in set list mode so you can shuffle the songs into the best order for that particular gig.

The only application I see for putting the pedal into song mode is let's pretend you make 4 song files, and fill them with 6 presets each. But they aren't really songs, they are amp drive gain progressions or genre. For instance you make a song called "country" and put 6 country twang sounds on it. Then "rock", "funk", "pop". Now you put your LF pedal into song mode and you can song up or down to get to your 4 unique tone profiles.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I agree. If you organize your presets into songs, the next logical management of your gear is to operate in set list mode so you can shuffle the songs into the best order for that particular gig.

The only application I see for putting the pedal into song mode is let's pretend you make 4 song files, and fill them with 6 presets each. But they aren't really songs, they are amp drive gain progressions or genre. For instance you make a song called "country" and put 6 country twang sounds on it. Then "rock", "funk", "pop". Now you put your LF pedal into song mode and you can song up or down to get to your 4 unique tone profiles.

Or you can put them in a setlist ordered in the same way (sequentially). It's the same thing, I think.

Tony -- program lf presets. Then program lf songs and put the appropriate presets into the songs. Don't move or shuffle them around, unless you are prepared to remap them to the right spots again.

So if song 1 contains presets 1, 2, 3, 4 and song contains presets 5, 6, 7, 8 and I go into my presets list and drag 1 thru 4 to presets 21-25 space, if I look at song 1's programming again, it will still say presets 1-4 are programmed for that song, but now those are blank, or presets 5-8 have slid into slots 1-4, which means I've destroyed song 1 AND song 2 programming.

Songs can be dragged into logical order so you could put the pedal into song mode and song up through the set list. But instead of constantly moving songs, leave them alone or do housekeeping to arrange them alphabetically, and use set lists to put them into the order that serves you for tonight's gig. Run your lf pedal in set list mode.

You can't get to presets in set list mode. You get to songs from set list mode. Unless youve created songs and loaded presets into them, you'll never see presets in set list mode.

You can't get to presets in set list mode. You get to songs from set list mode. Unless youve created songs and loaded presets into them, you'll never see presets in set list mode.

I don't understand this. Once you choose a song why can't you access the presets for that song on the same page in the set-list mode? So you load a page in set-list mode and on that page have song list up / down functon assigned to buttons, then choose a song, why can't you also then have a preset up / down on that page to scroll through the presets on the song? If you can't do that, how do you get to the song's presets - do you have to switch modes to song mode and / or switch pages? That would be irritating as hell - there's got to be an easier way than THAT.

........and another thing. Is anyone able to change the color of the context up / down function buttons? I can change it for the other up / down buttins (bank, song, set-list, preset) but not the context up / down function buttons.

Your page has to have the right number of preset buttons on it, and your song has to have the right number of presets in it.

If you were to setup a basic page with a song up/down button and 4 presets on it, if you recall a song with only 1, 2, or 3 presets in it, your unused preset buttons will not be lit up. Likewise, if you create a song with 15 presets in it but recall it with a page that has only 4 preset buttons, you won't be able to access presets 5 thru 15 of that song without other programming tricks like page flipping.

Your page has to have the right number of preset buttons on it, and your song has to have the right number of presets in it.

If you were to setup a basic page with a song up/down button and 4 presets on it, if you recall a song with only 1, 2, or 3 presets in it, your unused preset buttons will not be lit up. Likewise, if you create a song with 15 presets in it but recall it with a page that has only 4 preset buttons, you won't be able to access presets 5 thru 15 of that song without other programming tricks like page flipping.

Doesn't bank up / down work on a set-list mode page to flip to the next set of presets like it does on the preset mode page, with the order governed by the song prest list rather than the preset global list?

I'm guess I'm still confused about preset mapping in Liquid Foor Jr vs banks - in both preset and song / setlist mode.

A few questions about PRESETS on the Liquid Foor JR+.

1) In PRESET mode, a switch on a page can be assigned to a preset, but your options are only B#001 - B#060 in the drop down for assigning a preset to a switch, which references the related numbered preset slots (note: JR+ presets techincally could trigger any preset in the Axe FX in any order by assigning a diferent Axe preset number than same preset number in the JR+ preset slot - maning JR+ preset #1 could call up Axe FX preset #200, assuming that you don't want to keep in sync between the JR+ & Axe FX). I'm not sure why this doesn't go all the way to 384, whereas I don't read anywhere that preset assignment is limited to the first 60 preset slots (and there is no "Preset MAP" like there is in song mode). From what I am reading, the "bank" up goes to the next preset after the HIGHEST preset on the current page. So if you initial assigned presets 6, 10, and 50 to 3 page buttons, the bank UP will take you to presets 51, 52, and 53 for those buttons and bank DOWN will take you to presets 3, 4, & 5, I assume. Is this the way it works?

2) If I wanted as a page with othing but presets in PRESET mode (i.e. don't want to use bank up / down), how can I assign presets greater than 60 to a switch? I know I can do this in song mode but making a preset song MAP, but I can't see how to do this in PRESET mode.

3) In SONG or SETLIST MODE, I can assign a "preset map" to a song where I an put presets in any order. However, I'm very confused how to USE this order. If I'm on a page in SONG mode, it appears that BANK up / down does NOT sequence through presets using the SONG map. It uses the same logic as in PRESET mode. This means if the first 3 presets on my song map are 10, 52, and 26, a bank up will give you presets 53, 54,and 55 on those buttons. So it appears bank up / down have little use in SONG mode. As an alternative, I can assign presets to switches in SONG mode, which appears no different than assigning presets to switches in PRESET mode if I don't use bank / up down in the latter. So it I want 3 presets 10, 52 and 26 on 3 buttons, in SONG mode I would assign them to the first three slots on the song map, and then assign buttons as B#001, B#002, & B#003 to list them. I can do the SAME THING in PRESET mode by directly assigning them to B#10, B#52 and B#26 on those three switches. I don't see where there is an advantage in song mode. What am I missing?

Tony

Tony, how to put non-sequential Axe FX presets together for immediate access. SONG MODE.

PERIOD.

END OF STORY.

There are no page buttons to access presets. The system has 384 presets, and your axe fx has 384 presets. You want 1 bank, consisting of 384 presets, so you don't have to bank up. You own an 8 button device. You need 48 more LF Jr.'s, man. Then you could run 27 feet down your pedal board and step on preset 218, and then run back and step on preset 35, without having to bank up.

The function buttons on a page for Presets, are numbered "B#01, B#02" They are not presets, that's why they stop on B#60. They are "BANK SLOTS"...that's why there's a B in front of the number. If they were presets, there would be a "P".

The liquid foot divides banks based on the highest preset on your page. When you make a page that literally has B#10, B#52, and B#26 on it, the B#52 is the highest bank preset, so hitting the bank up is going to give you presets 53 through 105, but your pedal board is giving you access to the 10th, the 52nd, and the 26th presets in that bank. So, if you step on the first button B#10, you are going to get preset 63, if you step on the second button B#52, you are going to get preset 105, and if you step on B#26, you are going to get preset 79 on the axe fx. Totally useless.

So if you create a pedal board configuration of sequential buttons B#01, B#02, B#03, B#04, using the same exact page of those 4 bank numbers, you can bank up, and access presets 5,6,7,8, then 9,10,11,12 because you are using a four preset bank division by having preset B04 be the highest on your page programming. If you made a page and you accidentally goofed up and programmed your bottom row of buttons B#01, B#02, B#03, B#05 (and accidentally left out B#04), you would never be able to make your axe fx change to preset 4, preset 9, preset 14, etc, because by making the highest bank assignment "B#05" you've told the LF to divide the banks into groups of 5 presets, but you've accidentally left the 4th bank preset button out of the programming, so it's going to skip the 4th preset in every bank, until you fix that mistake.

If you want to create a 10 page deep virtual pedal board, and have 4 preset buttons on each page, instead of bank up, you would have to hide preset B#40 on every page in a slot out of reach. Since you have an 8 button device, you could hide B#40 on button 9. Now you can't step on it, but the LF understands that your bank is 40 presets big. So you would bank up, and those four bank preset buttons B01, B02, B03, B04 would give you Axe FX presets 41,42,43,44, because you hid B#40 on your page on button 9. You told the LF to group banks into 40's, and your pedalboard is programmed to shortcut you to the first four presets in the bank. This is also useless. If you wanted to create a web of 10 pages, and page up to the next one, so you could literally access presets 1 through 40, you would hide B#40 on button 9 of every page. But page 1 would have B#01, B#02, B#03, B#04. Page 2 would have B#05, B#06, B#07, B#08, etc until you got to the 10th page in your web of pages, for B#37, B#38, B#39, B#40. If you put a page up number on the 10th page, that circled you around again to page 1, and you stepped on the first preset button, B#01, you'd get Axe FX preset 41 the second time around.

This is completely useless in a performance situation. First of all, the Axe FX has scenes, so you can avoid having to literally program change during a song. But secondly, the only use you could have for sequentially changing presets, was if you sorted them into the correct order in the Axe FX every time you gig - and set them to the order of the set list for that night.

You want to create a custom page for every non-sequential preset you wish were paired together on one page. You can only do that if you don't want something higher than B60.

So, once again, if you want to have NON-Sequential LF presets together on one pedal board, create a song, put all the crazy-ordered presets onto that song. If you've placed 4 presets into the song, create a page with B#01, B#02, B#03, B#04 and program your 4 LF presets or the song itself, to utilize that page. They won't really be songs, but they can, in your mind, be "custom pages" where you've grouped non-sequential presets together.

The advantage is, you only can create 50 custom pages, but you can have 254 songs. So, leave the page presets sequential B01, B02, B03, B04, B05, B06, etc. Create songs, and fill the song presets with liquid foot presets that are non-sequential to make your custom pedal board.

Last edited:
Again, the LF arranges it's logic into banks, by virtue of the highest "B#00" button you've programmed on a page. If you program button 1 as "B#57", button 2 as "B#09" and button 3 as "B#44", your buttons will give you presets 57,09, and 44 on the first bank, so all is great, until you bank up to bank 2 and then it goes nuts on you.

Bank 1 - presets 1-57 (with my pedal board, I can access bank preset 57, bank preset 09, and bank preset 44)
Bank 2 - presets 58-115 (with my pedal board, I will get preset 115 on button 1 which is the 57th preset in that bank, preset 67 on button 2 which is the 9th preset in that bank, and preset 101 on button 3, which is the 44th patch in the bank)

CRAY CRAY Man....

PS, all of this assumes you've already done step one in the process - go into all 384 liquid foot presets and enter the corresponding Program Change command in line 1 of the preset programming. A dubious task.

I would program them as needed.

I use Liquid Foot presets to access scene changes. I put the Program Change commands into my song programming.

So, I recall a song, and everything in my rack changes to the presets for each device that I need for that song. Then I step on the 4-5 liquid foot presets I programmed for the song, the Axe FX is changing scenes within that preset, and my other gear is turning effects off and on as needed. Therefore, I didn't need to put a program change command in all 384 liquid foot presets on day 1.

Everytime I need to program a new song, I see what presets are available in my Liquid Foot system, and assign how many I need for that song, into the song preset holders. Then I look at my gear and see where I have vacant gear presets, and I put the appropriate program change commands into the song programming line in my LF, and upload it to the pedal. I do it as needed and slowly build up my catalog over time.

Thanks for this post it was helpful in getting the ball rolling for me. I just received my Axe FX-II XL last week, and last night I got my LF+ 12+ delivered. After getting the software editors installed for them both I ran your scripts which got me partially up and running. I do see some of the functionality you wrote is present on my LF but a couple of basic things didn't seem to work for me.

So I'm looking for some guidance on the next couple of issues I need to tackle.
First, the preset names from my Axe didn't copy down to the LF. I tried a few time to do this seperately from your process. Perhaps there's a setting somewhere on the Axe that I'm not aware of or don't have configured correctly?

Second, the button for the tuner is present on the LF. When I step on it, it does switch to tuner mode on the LF & on the Axe, but when tuning there isn't anything happening on the display on the LF (it does on the Axe though).

I figure if I can at least get those two basic things accomplished i can begin using this setup live and as i learn more it'll grow with my needs and learning curve.

Thanks in advance for any insight anyone may be able to provide!

On the axe front panel change the midi to send tuner and sysex. I'm at work and cant remember where you'll find that setting but startbby going into the I/O menu

On the axe front panel change the midi to send tuner and sysex. I'm at work and cant remember where you'll find that setting but startbby going into the I/O menu

okay thanks Rod i'll look at that after i get home from rehearsal tonight :)

Among other things I'm having the same problem as PRS513 regarding the tuner. In the Axe manual it says for tuner and tap tempo send go into I/O midi and set "send realtime sysex" to "all". I've set this to "all" and "tuner" and I still get nothing on the LF. I have an I/A for the tuner and the tuner shows up on the LF but no arrows.

On the LF Editor in the I/A slot page I have quik tap selected in the slot parameters and all else off. In command programming I have G Tuner as the function on CC#15 and transferred that info to the LF. Nada.

Are there any other settings anywhere else in either the Axe or LF Editor that should be on or off?

As a side note, I downloaded AZG's template over a week ago. I was still new and very frustrated (no less so now) and I didn't know what I was looking at. I did notice the tuner was working. I ditched the template to try something else and have not been able to get the tuner to work. When I reloaded AZG's template to see the tuner settings it still did not work.

I'm assuming that all the global settings in the LF+ editor are saved as part of a backup or save functions in the editor? If not that is a rather silly thing not to include. I sometimes noticed that I had to turn the unit off/on to get some settings to take affect. My unit is still in for repair (bad foot switch) so I can not test anything. This video talks about setting up tuner and other things with the Axe. http://youtu.be/5RPy9kwoaPU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm assuming that all the global settings in the LF+ editor are saved as part of a backup or save functions in the editor?

When saving/loading you can filter what you want to save/load: presets (1-384), songs (1-254), set-lists (1-128 ), pages (1-50), IA-slots (1-180), Sysex Messages (1-255), IA-slot mapping (1-60), global settings.

Yes all the global settings are saved. I also use the filter just to cut down the number of presets, songs etc to be saved. Are there global settings that should be on or off for the tuner to work?

Back
Top Bottom