New Profile Posts

1. DrB
    DrB dnasurfer
    Awesome job on capturing Vai's tone! Would you kindly send me your patch?
  2. Hoosierdaddy
    Hoosierdaddy fremen
    Freman: just wanted to say HI,haven't seen you around on here lately, hope you catching up on rest.
  3. Maurice
    Maurice cameron711
    Hi,
    I'm interested in your XL+
    Can we get in touch ?
    Brgds, Maurice
  4. Maurice
    Maurice ghostofsparta
    Hi,
    Can we get in touch for the XL +
    Brgds, Maurice
  5. is9582
    is9582
    Rocking my new XL+ at every free moment! Love it!
  6. austinbuddy
    austinbuddy
    Getting some Cab Packs ready to launch with Fractal Audio!
  7. hughj
    hughj justinpompper@yahoo.com
    Loving your posted presets on Axechange. Thanks so much for taking the time to post them. Cheers
  8. danacabral
    danacabral Moke
    Hi Moke - Unbelievable job on the VH patches! I see that you have a few AX8 patches and I am wondering if you created these to be used in a live band setting (where they would sit well in the mix) or if they are more designed for bedroom low volume tones? Let me know - Thanks bud!
    1. Moke
      Moke
      Hello danacabral, I use most of these tone live myself. That's where they came from.

I typically make them to work at bedroom levels and for recording. I use less low-end than most seem to use. It fits in a mix better that way and doesn't get boomy at gig volume.
      Oct 11, 2017
      Habuman likes this.
    2. Moke
      Moke
      When playing live, I usually reduce a little high-end at our mixer (-4 dB @ 7-8 kHz), and/or if using Output 2 (set to 'Echo Output 1') to a powered wedge, I set the Output 2 'Global EQ' to -2 dB @ 8K and -4 dB @ 16K. I don't use Output 2 for anything else, so I just leave it like that.........
      Oct 11, 2017
  9. EricP1954
    EricP1954 simeon
    Hi Simeon, the presets you created for the Allan Holdsworth chorus sound were wonderful. I wonder if you would have any interest in creating one of Allan's clean chorus harmonized tones that he uses, for example, on the intro of Panic Station or the clean chords in Metal Fatigue. He generally uses 4ths or 5ths on the harmonizer, possibly with a single or double octave shimmer.
  10. Salvatore Pugliese
    Salvatore Pugliese Eanna
    Hello mr Eanna.
    I'm from Italy and was wandering if you still might consider trading AxeFX XL for a Kemper.
    I'm selling a kemper to try Axe XL.

Kind regards.
    Salvatore Pugliese
  11. Pastoriusfunk
    Pastoriusfunk Jens
    Hello Jens.Your tone is awesome...I've downloaded your patch,and since i am pretty new with AX8 Edit i still have no sound when i load the patch.Would you give me an advice?Thanks

Emil:)
  12. Greg de B
    Greg de B austinbuddy
    Hi, Austinbuddy....I just wanted to thank you for the AWESOME advice on the Roy Buchanan Preset you gave me! It really works well! Any help for some Danny Gatton ideas for my franken-Tele with Barden's would also be great, but, again, I just wanted to thank you for the help with the Buchanan preset!
    Greg
    1. austinbuddy likes this.
  13. BLS-FAN
    BLS-FAN AlGrenadine
    Al, can you update the AX8 firmware with Fracpad?
  14. fafakiwi
    fafakiwi austinbuddy
    Hi Austin ,
    I m writing you this message on the forum and hope you don t mind ,
    I m not a fractal user since a long time but i d like to know if you would accept to create two presets for me for two tones from Chris Isaak
    "Blue hotel " and "Lie to me " for m'y XL+
    I ve already sent you an email ,
    Hope you ll give an answer and accept ,
    Tell me and eventually your price
    Many thanks
    Fabrice
    1. Moke
      Moke
      Hey Fabrice, does this mean that you would like me to not work on those tones for you?
      Oct 2, 2017
    2. austinbuddy
      austinbuddy
      Hi Fabrice: Not sure I got your email? Really don't do custom preset work for hire, unless working with an artist before a tour, that's when I make exceptions for that and financially worthwhile.

There is a wealth of info on the internet about people's rigs (Premiere Guitar's rig rundown) that helps get 80% of the way there... does Isaak have one?

Moke may be your guy. Good luck!
      Oct 3, 2017
  15. clad666_jack
    clad666_jack simeon
    Hello Simeon ! I'm cross the forum and I discovered your incredible preset from the bassline synth ! I want to now if it's possible to find it or try it ?
    Best regards,
    Kevin
  16. touch33
    touch33 ralphonz
    Thx for your reply - more questions:

1) why would you have preferred a GT22 instead of 16?

2) is that a TAC Scorpion Desk in your studio photo?

Cheers,
    Bruce
    1. View previous comments...
    2. ralphonz
      ralphonz
      2)No afraid not. It's a MIDAS Venice F32. It does the job but not the best option for a studio. Still I'm stuck with it for now and I've made some great recordings with it.
      Sep 26, 2017
    3. touch33
      touch33
      Guitarists talk about "tone being in the hands" – I think audio equipment works exactly the same way. I love it when another engineer says something nice about a track I've worked on and then FLIPPED RIGHT OUT when I told them what it was made with...
      Sep 26, 2017
    4. ralphonz
      ralphonz
      Yes it definitely does! It's not the tools so much as what you do with them that counts. Many of the hit records that people aspire too were made with "worse" equipment than what a teenager could have in their bedroom today!
      Sep 28, 2017
  17. Jgall1989
    Jgall1989 Mark Day
    Hey, I'm new to the AX8.. Can I connect my AX8 to active speakers using 1/4 jack to RCA connectors in the back of the monitors I have? Cheers.
    1. Kevin2rox
      Kevin2rox
      I have the same question!
      Oct 4, 2017
  18. djlynch
    djlynch dr bonkers
    Hey dude. I just bought the DS Ir's and paypal was using my old email nadarat@msn.com
    can you send the download link to danilejlynch70@gmail.com
    1. dr bonkers
      dr bonkers
      Hi,

I just resent the invoice with download link to the updated new address.

Please let me know if that works.

If not, you are going to need to contact PayPal to update the email address for your account, as my encryption uses your PayPal address as a key to limit access.

Best,
      Mike
      Sep 23, 2017
  19. touch33
    touch33 Tremonti
    Good morning -
    Is your GT16 still for sale?
    Bruce
    bruce@touch33.com
    1. Tremonti
      Tremonti
      Yes it is
      Sep 25, 2017
  20. toddmarino
    toddmarino
    Hi! Does anyone know how to re-amp using the axe FX? Meaning, record a processed and a clean track for reamping later? Thanks in advance!