PETE THORN AXE-FX II PRESETS AND CAB IR!

Wow. I started playing some AC/DC and I was like..."Damn, this is almost exactly like a real amp". And kick-ass tone. What I particularly like is what this illustrates about the developments in the firmware/modelling. Your hands and playing really come into effect. You can dramatically change the tone and dynamics. It has a great feel. Now I need to practice more so I can play better. Thanks Fractal and thanks Pete. This is a real treasure.

Incredibly amp-like. FW 11 is a huge part of that, but the IR is excellent, and the tone match sounds so good.

Thanks Pete.

These sound great when I don't use the tone match. When that's on it just sounds weird, almost like pre-amp only sound. I know this is a noob question but what am I doing wrong? Both the preset and cab are loaded.

I enjoyed trying these patches and the IR. Spent a good half hour checking them out. They are really good! As explained already, the TM block doesn't transfer properly with AE, so use the Bot instead and it works just fine.
So just before I switched back to one of my own presets, I winced, expecting mine to sound all dull and lifeless, but to my amazement, all my presets & my IR stood up pretty well against PT's. This is vindication to me that I was on the right track tone-wise. Good stuff!

I think the above answers my question. I used Axe-edit!

Thanks for sharing Pete, these sound amazing!!!!

As a thank you, I just picked up the Guitar Nerd album, and WOW!!!!

Such awesome work!!!! Thanks again for sharing. Rock on Brother!

thanks a million, Pete. Was really gracious of you to share such great setups. enjoyed the youtube introduction as well - set it all up nicely.

Thanks.
This worked until the point 8, I didn`t get no question. It only stopped at the end of the it transfer. When I tried one more time it says, error because the axe was in a manually firmware update mode!?
Anyway when switched off and on it worked after a few times, the axe behaved strange a couple of times ( the presets were empty)
Now it works and it sounds great! Thansks a lot

cool presets and ir from a cool guy...
thanks, pete, for sharing.

didn't see a response to your question.
in case you are still having problems, here are the steps:
1 make sure you are on fw11 (indicated by pete)
2 safe and unzip pete's folder
3 connect your axe fx to your pc and start up fractal bot
4 on your axe fx, select a preset space you want to overwrite with pete's preset
5 browse pete's preset and send it to your axe fx
6 you should see pete's preset name appearing on your axe fx panel. hit "store" and "enter" twice
7 now using the bot again, browse for pete's ir sysex file
8 when you hit send, a window will pop up to ask you which user cab slot you want to save to (you have 100 slots available)
9 remember what number you choose and hit ok
10 now go to pete's preset on your axe fx and choose the layout view.
11 select the cab block and hit "edit"
12 ensure that you select pete's ir in the slot you selected in step 9 above for your cab type
13 hit "store" and "enter" twice
14 voila!

I just jumped into Pete's presets and cab ir. Everything went perfectly except the new cab doesn't show up on the list. I tried saving it to slot 1 and slot 17. I tried both save options (3 times). No cab. Simple instructions!...where did I F-U? The presets are great with the factory cabs, Pete, THANK YOU for the gift! ...love 'em both. Is it my imagination, or is FW11 noticeably better? Kemper guys....eat your hearts out!

Awesome TM and IR. I quickly added a T808, mono delay and reverb with minimal tweaking and WOW - what a great lead tone!!!

AE f#@ks up the TM as previously mentioned so use the bot.

Also - I bought Guitar Nerb on ITunes and have been really enjoying it (wondering how much of it utilized the AxeFx in studio - 10th Street is an awesome tune among the others on there). The cover reminds me of how I looked in 74 - lol!!

Holy crap. Been trying this IR with some of my high gain patches and it sounds HUGE. Can't wait to crank it with my FRFR setup!

Hi Pete,
congrats , the IR is absolutely great ! used it with other presets and it sounds powerfull and accurate. Love it. TM's very good too.
I have to try your TMs with a drive in front, using your comments.

I really appreciate a reference player as you, takes time and has the approach to share as you're doing.

Back
Top Bottom