PETE THORN AXE-FX II PRESETS AND CAB IR!

Sundance, thank you. Being relatively new I have not downloaded anybody's prests or IRs yet. I told myself I'd wait till Peter's presets become availble. I kind of imagined doing it like you describe, but you posted just the directions I needed. Thanks again.
And Pete, thanks for sharing.
Gary

These Presets are SWEET!!! I Love em !!! Thank You Pete!! Your Incredible!!! Can't wait to gig with them!!!! That IR just simply works ! Been trying it in my patches and it's Nice! Mine aren't as balanced as your tone matches though!!!

Used only the IR. And I must say it is quiet versatile. Use it alone or as a blend. Sounds graet. - Thanks - AAEN

after listening to the sound clip, i thought the second rig was the real amp....something about a subtle compression going on there. regardless, i liked the second tone a little better. i'm hoping the second one is the axe-fx II cause it would save me some time dialing in that compression. if clip two is the amp, how would you go about getting that compression dialed in on the axe-fx?

cool presets and ir from a cool guy...
thanks, pete, for sharing.

didn't see a response to your question.
in case you are still having problems, here are the steps:
1 make sure you are on fw11 (indicated by pete)
2 safe and unzip pete's folder
3 connect your axe fx to your pc and start up fractal bot
4 on your axe fx, select a preset space you want to overwrite with pete's preset
5 browse pete's preset and send it to your axe fx
6 you should see pete's preset name appearing on your axe fx panel. hit "store" and "enter" twice
7 now using the bot again, browse for pete's ir sysex file
8 when you hit send, a window will pop up to ask you which user cab slot you want to save to (you have 100 slots available)
9 remember what number you choose and hit ok
10 now go to pete's preset on your axe fx and choose the layout view.
11 select the cab block and hit "edit"
12 ensure that you select pete's ir in the slot you selected in step 9 above for your cab type
13 hit "store" and "enter" twice
14 voila!

Thank you for sharing this, I wasn't sure how to add via bot but this helped out a bunch.

Peter,

Thank you very much. This set gave me the missing link! (11.00b gave me the other missing link :D)

Thanks Pete and Fractal! Been playing the main theme in Guitar Nerd (the song) on my strat endlessly for the whole morning just appreciating the rich textures produced by those two patches. Can't say I liked them with humbuckers, but with single coils they are MAGIC!

Thanks Pete and Fractal! Been playing the main theme in Guitar Nerd (the song) on my strat endlessly for the whole morning just appreciating the rich textures produced by those two patches. Can't say I liked them with humbuckers, but with single coils they are MAGIC!

+1
My strat with Seymour D. Surf's are just a winner with Pete's patches.

I don't know of many musicians of Pete's caliber who would take the time to put all this together and share for free. I know you're a busy guy Pete, and thanks for taking the time to make these presets/IR for us. I love them! That IR you made rocks!

I also encourage everyone to buy Pete's Guitar Nerd album. I bought it as a pre-order when the album first came out. It's an awesome guitar album, with some of the most memorable melodies and arrangement that I've ever heard from any artist. I assure you, it will blow you away!

It takes a genuinely humble and generous person to so freely share their signature tones with others. Pete is both an awesome artist and a admirable person, such a rare combination.

Back
Top Bottom