PETE THORN AXE-FX II PRESETS AND CAB IR!

These will go straight to my main presets for live use. Really really amazing!
Thank you so much Pete.
All the best for you.

IR's are a huge deal- just like real cabs- at least as big as the amp (or amp model) to the final tone. IMHO. Glad you like it! I worked hard to dial it in. Most IR's leave something to be desired, I find. I always wish for a bit less of something, a bit more of something else. Making my own finally made me happy :)
Just read this after posting my comment earlier.. Couldn't agree more.

How cool is all that..?

I'm not normally the type to get carried away over FW revisions or bow down at the alter of AxeFX gods and all that, but this is just properly great stuff all round :encouragement:

Fantastic job Pete! The fractal community appreciates your generosity immensely. I personally can completely understand how it can be difficult to give away the fruits of your labour especially when you're a professional artist making a living off your work. We all know that time is money. Like others, I've shared 100's of presets I created with gear I've owned (line6, digitech, roland, and now fas). There are tons of pros out there who have publicly declared that they do not share. Thanks again.

Cheers,
AT

Love Love Love these tones. Loaded with Fractal Bot, tweaked patches in AE (adding effects I'll not likely feel compelled to use much), saved via the front panel. No problems at all. That cab IR is key. So generous of Pete to share these.

where can i find directions on how to download the presets & IR using Axe Edit? i've tried fractal-bot & it doesn't work. i'm on the new firmware and i've never used axe edit to download presets before cause when i got my axe fx ii, axe edit wasn't available and i've always just used the "bot". thx

These are nice. I had to tame the bass a bit with my Tremonti PRS, but these patches translate really well.

Just got done trying both of the patches out. Very nice. I usually have to mess around with presets to get them sounding good, but these sound great right off the bat, especitally the Friedman one. Thanks for sharing them Pete.
-
Austin

Thanks Pete! These patches have so much "life" in them compared to my own. I can't stop playing them!

If I may, I wanted ask you what your approach might be if you wanted to take one of these patches and create a liquidy lead tone? Would you just add delay and a drive pedal or would you tweak the amp?

"Velvet First" comes to mind.

Pete, that was very gracious of you to share those patches and IR. I've been playing them for a few hours now and it's so loud I scared the shit out of my cats. Thank you very much!

This is so awesome! So this is the Divided by 13 IR right? Any chance we could also get the original Weber IR or is it already included. Cheers Pete! :)

Thanks Pete. I don't usually bother with other people's presets these days, but I mean it is you. :)

The IR really is nice. I like the bare-bones approach too because too often a preset is buried in effects. A touch of reverb and a smidgen of delay and I was there.

Thanks a lot for taking the time and sharing these presets. I just updated to FW 11 to test your presets and they are awesome. They sound so wide open, so organic. Like having a Marshall in front of you. I really like the 2 flavors of the presets. One mid gain and other mid to high. Thanks a lot again.

Back
Top Bottom