AXE 8 VS. Helix GAME Over!!!

It's hilarious.
"Axe8 VS Helix".

Here are guys claiming the helix sounds digital... Some of you guys are acting like tube sniffers!

Let's see when they're good and out and generally available and shoot em down then.

Last edited:
It's hilarious.
"Axe8 VS Helix".

Here are guys claiming the helix sounds digital... Some guys are acting like tube sniffers!

Let's see when they're good and out and generally available and shoot em down then.

I was in the Fractal room all day on Saturday. Most people coming in were playing the AX8, you know what. It sounded exactly like the Axe-fx. When I went to the Helix room, I was listening intently on the tone of the device. It just wasn't there. There was no comparison between devices. Yeah you can do 4 amps on helix, you really think those four amps are going to sound as good as one amp taking up the whole processor on the AX8. Mathematically its impossible, to sound as good. It will sound like 4 amps, but the resolution of the sim, will be reduced dramatically. All my opinion of course and from my own ears. You will see in a month or so. Somebody will buy both, you know who you are.

I can't wait. A new dawn and age for Fractal moving the cheese forward. Just imagine how many of these things are going to be sold in the next year. Man o man. Lets make a prediction. Who thinks in one year that the forum section for AX8 will become the largest segment on here? Smaller, cheaper, same great tone and feel. Everyone is going to have at least one. Andy wood kidded that he would have 5 one in every room. I said don't forget the bathroom.

So far, every demo I've heard sounds generic. It would definitely leave me wanting back when I was coming from a massive collection of tube amps.

For those who always been digital, it will be a step up. Sadly, they still won't know what they're missing until they experience Quantum.

So far, every demo I've heard sounds generic. It would definitely leave me wanting back when I was coming from a massive collection of tube amps.

For those who always been digital, it will be a step up. Sadly, they still won't know what they're missing until they experience Quantum.

That's a very true statement. They won't know until they physically hear it side by side. I posted the announcement on Facebook the other day, and I had a couple of friends, who wanted nothing to do with the technology before, are now interested. I really believe its because of the Price point. They have heard the quality, listening to me play over the years, so they know that piece of it already. Once I get mine, I will be doing the Church hop, inviting myself to different churchs, I know the majority of worship pastors in the area, and doing the demo for them. Let them touch it and play it, let them hear it with their PA. I'll just send them the LINK to the wait list. They really need a church representative that can do this on weekends, after you play you got about 30 to 45 minutes of their attention before they have to start the next service. Plenty of time. Better yet, find out what the song list is for that weekend and program the thing with a song per preset and give him a twenty minute instructional lesson and let him physically use it that day. Perfect!!!

Our jobs as fractalites is to spread the word, let the world know what a killer product this is.

I was in the Fractal room all day on Saturday. Most people coming in were playing the AX8, you know what. It sounded exactly like the Axe-fx. When I went to the Helix room, I was listening intently on the tone of the device. It just wasn't there. There was no comparison between devices. Yeah you can do 4 amps on helix, you really think those four amps are going to sound as good as one amp taking up the whole processor on the AX8. Mathematically its impossible, to sound as good. It will sound like 4 amps, but the resolution of the sim, will be reduced dramatically. All my opinion of course and from my own ears. You will see in a month or so. Somebody will buy both, you know who you are.

I can't wait. A new dawn and age for Fractal moving the cheese forward. Just imagine how many of these things are going to be sold in the next year. Man o man. Lets make a prediction. Who thinks in one year that the forum section for AX8 will become the largest segment on here? Smaller, cheaper, same great tone and feel. Everyone is going to have at least one. Andy wood kidded that he would have 5 one in every room. I said don't forget the bathroom.
L6 didn't have Meyer speakers, did they?

Kidding!
In the room with Andy Wood. Awesome. You might be right about the Ax8 section. I think I may go there as well.

I thought it was a hoot that the Fractal cheering squad was using the exact same wordings against the Helix as the tube-amp-in-the-room guys use against the modellers. And nobody (OK, hardly anybody) has heard these units in the flesh.

And nobody (OK, hardly anybody) has heard these units in the flesh.

Not exactly true. Anyone who has heard the AxeII with Quantum has heard the AX8, at least in theory assuming FAS is using the same quality components for the AD/DA conversion in the AX8 as the AxeII. That may be a big assumption as it has not been discussed yet. The discussion has centered on the processors and the code, but not the differences in the other components that may affect the sound of the AX8 in comparison to the AxeII.

Not exactly true. Anyone who has heard the AxeII with Quantum has heard the AX8, at least in theory assuming FAS is using the same quality components for the AD/DA conversion in the AX8 as the AxeII. That may be a big assumption as it has not been discussed yet. The discussion has centered on the processors and the code, but not the differences in the other components that may affect the sound of the AX8 in comparison to the AxeII.

The AX8 uses the same converters as the Axe-Fx II. We put the money where people can't see it but where they can hear it. Different philosophies.

I listened to the AX8 all day. I could not hear one difference between the Axe-fx and AX8. What was a bigger deal is watching the faces of people playing it for the first time. It was honestly a dear in the headlights moment for most who have never heard an AX8 or Axe-fx before. It was a joy watching them.

Exactly. And still plenty of form.

I love the UI on the AX8. I think it's incredibly smart. Looks completely intuitive.

I think the Helix would just both me, honestly. I'd rather see that on the computer screen... you know, like Axe Edit.

I love it.

Function before form.

Exactly. And still plenty of form.

I love the UI on the AX8. I think it's incredibly smart. Looks completely intuitive.

I think the Helix would just both me, honestly. I'd rather see that on the computer screen... you know, like Axe Edit.

I'd still like the scribble strips while I'm gigging. My memory isn't what used to be. Actually, it never was. How much is a liquid foot? ;-)

Back
Top Bottom