YouTube: Kemper Profiling Amplifier KPA Review

Same reaction here :D. That's the 1st thing that it gave me the impression of bias. He does not mention it during the review but instead in a sneaky way he includes the whole boot sequence on the review (which is slow), adds music as background to emphasize the wait and when completed he laughs and says "here you go". A bit too obvious.....
I don't think that was biased at all. It would have been biased if he purposely slowed down the video and made it look like as if the loading was slow,which it clearly wasn't and was done in real time. I would say that's having a good sense of humor man. And that loading thing was the way the Kemper functions,so nothing biased about it.

Cheers man

I don't think it takes guts to review something cleanly. If you're popular/people think you know what you're talking about, you'll get praise. If not.....

I think Clark Kent is clean in his review - and he peppers it with his particular inuendo. I enjoy that.

While I agree with Secret80s Man on the profiling accuracy thing being a large item, I think it's hard to hear the totality of things because it's such a low volume.

Best review i`ve ever seen from the Kemper. Not because of the conclusions, but the deeply shown reactions on different parameters while playin!

Question: the "Definition" Control of the kemper: Is that something similiar/comparable to the "Damp" control of the Axe? It sounds to me like it is?

Best review i`ve ever seen from the Kemper. Not because of the conclusions, but the deeply shown reactions on different parameters while playin!

Question: the "Definition" Control of the kemper: Is that something similiar/comparable to the "Damp" control of the Axe? It sounds to me like it is?

To my ear,it is the same as the "Definition" we have in the adv page in the amp block ??

Indeed, what is that band and song?

BTW, just checked the KPA forum. No shit storm what so ever. Those KPA guys seem quit relaxed......

BTW, just checked the KPA forum. No shit storm what so ever. Those KPA guys seem quit relaxed......

Sarcasm or irony? LOL.

A) There is indeed a thread there that rips the hell out of Clark.
B) Read the YouTube comments.

Being an Axe FX II owner, I do not hate on other gear. That's ridiculous. I'm not a fan boy of anything. I actually think the Kemper is a very cool device. I really like what it can do. I just don't think the technology has matured enough. It will be very cool to watch what future generations of Kemper technology hold for the future.

BTW... Nice honest review Clark. I commented on YouTube BTW...

Last edited:

You just didn't look hard enough. It's there. I'd post the link for you but there is no point to that. It is what it is and that's all.

Haha... I knew KPA users would hate me for this review. I honestly don't care what they think. Them getting mad at me just proves my point. The product has been overly hyped and people who bought it want to live in that hype world. I didn't give Axe-Fx an easy time when I started using it either. I do think Axe-Fx (Standard) has been also hyped a bit too much and it only reaches the hype level with matching and custom impulses. Since Kemper is a product that came after the Axe-Fx I think it should kill the Axe-Fx for it to get respect in the global market. That's not the way it is for me at all.

So for those Kemper guys; This was my honest experience with the Kemper. If you "hate" me I suggest you search through your own head and psychology and explain why that is. Nobody is paying me to say anything.

:D Haha... before you rip me to pieces about the Axe-Fx thing I want you to remember how many firmware updates have come in these four years that made the Axe-Fx better and better every time. Now the Axe-II. It's certainly gone a long way since that time.

Thanks,

Sounds cool, me like!

Found this for pure scientific reasons. Also I must be honest here (sorry guys); It sounds not bad...not bad at all.
Axe FX II + Kemper Profiling Amplifier + Matrix GT800FX - YouTube

He never said it sounded bad, nobody here did either. What he did say was that it didn't match his amps perfectly and that disappointed him. He actually said it sounded quite good.

As to that vid, I would recommend the maker of that vid TM the same Kemper tone he is playing then compare but he said he sold his Kemper so I guess he can't.

Thanks,

Sounds cool, me like!

Found this for pure scientific reasons. Also I must be honest here (sorry guys); It sounds not bad...not bad at all.
Axe FX II + Kemper Profiling Amplifier + Matrix GT800FX - YouTube

I kinda think they both sound awful. That's probably the micing and youtubing a bit. But they both sound awful and anyone basing their decision on that...

Aww. I don't care.

I did like the tone in Clark's review, though. And I'm not hung up on the 125 Hz thump. My guitar has some peak thing going on at 125 Hz, so I usually end up taking some out.

Last edited:
He never said it sounded bad, nobody here did either. What he did say was that it didn't match his amps perfectly and that disappointed him. He actually said it sounded quite good.

As to that vid, I would recommend the maker of that vid TM the same Kemper tone he is playing then compare but he said he sold his Kemper so I guess he can't.

Thank you zentman for pointing that out to him. Seems buddy has lost focus of Clark's review as well as his own original comments. I was going to point that out but didn't want him to think I had it in for him, which is not the case.

Back
Top Bottom