IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
Hi,
I just want to say something completely different. I want to compliment you on your site. The last few days I spent quite some tine checking out the website of various vendors. Essentially I started out looking for a Friedman pack, bit as it goes, like in a candy store you want to browse some more when you are there. Your site is by far the easiest site to navigate and find what you are looking for. Not just the product, but also the other info. The website is clean and quiet, no screaming colors and banners. Well done. You are one of two vendors I’d buy from. (No I am not naming the runner up haha).

Harm
Thanks for the kind words! I put a lot of effort in making sure the website was easy to navigate, so that makes me happy that you appreciate everything that went into making it. :)

@York Audio I really dont wanna bother but have you done further tests to the hesu demon speakers?
You said months ago that you had only tried for a little bit in a 1x12"
You’re not bothering me at all. I actually took some test shots of an Orange 2x12 with the Demon and an M65 Creamback. It sounds pretty dang good to me, and I’m looking forward to properly shooting that cab!

Not the cab or combination of speakers I was imagining for the Hesu Demon but I trust your ears so if you think it sounds great then it will be an amazing IR pack.

Not the cab or combination of speakers I was imagining for the Hesu Demon but I trust your ears so if you think it sounds great then it will be an amazing IR pack.
What cab and speaker pairing were you thinking of? I’m down to try a different combo.

@York Audio My very boring cliché metal tastes would be with a UK V30 (or maybe even a G12K100 that I hate alone but LOVE as a blend speaker) in a 2x12 cab or "just the Hesu" in the MESA OS cab (or any other cab that adds body to this very tight speaker) but I 100% understand that you would be doing stuff that kinda overlaps with already released products.

A very innovative sounding pack that could be marketed as an ultra modern V30 killer/V30 alternative release would be a 2x12 with Hesu Demon and a Eminence DV-77 (or a MESA OS...xD sorry to repeat myself but I dont think there´s a better cab for metal out there than the almighty MESA OS)
Dont know how they would work together but each of the single speaker captures would IMHO deliver the goods for a lot of people in the metal crowd that dont need their (albeit awesome sounding) 457th V30 IR pack

another factor would be to either use a cab that makes the speakers interact/influence each other or one that "isolates" them more....

But im talking out of my ass here xD you obviously know your cabs and speakers and have tested a lot of stuff behind close doors so you can kindly ignore me and do your usual magic xD

Last edited:
I ordered the Marshall Blackjack IRs and Do not really understand the differences between RAW SINGLES, MPT SINGLES AND MIXES and how to use them with my FM3 . I do not have any experience in recording and such so I can use some help. Thank you so much in advance and please be safe.

I ordered the Marshall Blackjack IRs and Do not really understand the differences between RAW SINGLES, MPT SINGLES AND MIXES and how to use them with my FM3 . I do not have any experience in recording and such so I can use some help. Thank you so much in advance and please be safe.
Read the documentation that comes with the pack. Short version, use the MPT versions. Mixes are mixes of multiple mics, singles are one mic each, use whichever you prefer.

I generally stick with the mixes, figuring they were picked by someone with much more experience at doing that than me, and also to cut down on the number of files to audition. Mixing your own from singles gives you more control, but there are other things I'd rather do.

@York Audio My very boring cliché metal tastes would be with a UK V30 (or maybe even a G12K100 that I hate alone but LOVE as a blend speaker) in a 2x12 cab or "just the Hesu" in the MESA OS cab (or any other cab that adds body to this very tight speaker) but I 100% understand that you would be doing stuff that kinda overlaps with already released products.

A very innovative sounding pack that could be marketed as an ultra modern V30 killer/V30 alternative release would be a 2x12 with Hesu Demon and a Eminence DV-77 (or a MESA OS...xD sorry to repeat myself but I dont think there´s a better cab for metal out there than the almighty MESA OS)
Dont know how they would work together but each of the single speaker captures would IMHO deliver the goods for a lot of people in the metal crowd that dont need their (albeit awesome sounding) 457th V30 IR pack

another factor would be to either use a cab that makes the speakers interact/influence each other or one that "isolates" them more....

But im talking out of my ass here xD you obviously know your cabs and speakers and have tested a lot of stuff behind close doors so you can kindly ignore me and do your usual magic xD

What about a Mesa 2x12 with the Hesu Demon and a Creamback? There's always talks of Demons + V30 but I think the Creamback blend could offer some smoothness on the highs over the V30. Plus you get a better headroom pairing. Or, I am going out on a limb here, pairing the Demon with a Lynchback?

The Mesa 4x12 OS with the Hesu would definitely add some beef so I'd +1 that proposal!

I am all about new combinations and blends that offer something different. So either way, I would say surprise us! 👍

Happy new year @York Audio !!
Any heads up of your work in progress mate?
Can’t wait to have new pieces from you mate
A pure slash / Joe Perry universe with the JCM or the AFD or the Jubilee would be awesome
Hey Rafa! I’m currently working on the Matchless V2 pack at the moment. This one has more midrange focus and a smoother top end along with LOTS of new captures not found in the original version. After that, I have two cabs in mind that I want to shoot and need to take more test shots to see which one feels “right” to shoot. Both cabs contain speakers I haven’t shot yet, so it’ll be fun!

One wouldn’t have a 15” speaker would it???
I don’t currently have any 15” cabs, but I may borrow my cousin’s Fender 2x15 Bassman cab at some point. The next cab will have 12” speakers that have been requested quite a bit, so I think it will make a lot of players happy.

edit: Bassman 2x15

Last edited:
It's taken a while, but after three separate shoots, buying a second cab, and crazy amounts of testing... I'm so happy to finally announce the new York Audio MTCH 212 ESD-V2 Cab Pack. It's based on a Matchless ESD 2x12 cabinet with Celestion's specially made M25 and H30 speakers for Matchless amps that sounds incredible! I'm really excited about this one and I really hope you guys enjoy it.

This one has all of the updated techniques I've been using as well as more microphones, captures, and well... a different cabinet than I used for my first MTCH pack. It has 115 single mic captures per speaker (230 single shots) and 11 Mixes for each speaker as well as H30-M25 speaker blends (33 Mixes). It sounds more "alive" in the midrange, clearer in the low end, and warmer in the top end compared to the first MTCH pack.

Here's a little clip using the DC30 model. :)

It's taken a while, but after three separate shoots, buying a second cab, and crazy amounts of testing... I'm so happy to finally announce the new York Audio MTCH 212 ESD-V2 Cab Pack. It's based on a Matchless ESD 2x12 cabinet with Celestion's specially made M25 and H30 speakers for Matchless amps that sounds incredible! I'm really excited about this one and I really hope you guys enjoy it.

This one has all of the updated techniques I've been using as well as more microphones, captures, and well... a different cabinet than I used for my first MTCH pack. It has 115 single mic captures per speaker (230 single shots) and 11 Mixes for each speaker as well as H30-M25 speaker blends (33 Mixes). It sounds more "alive" in the midrange, clearer in the low end, and warmer in the top end compared to the first MTCH pack.

Here's a little clip using the DC30 model. :)

I'll be getting this one for sure!

Sounds sublime will purchase it tomorrow!
To carry on with usual requests, can you share the preset?
Would be nice how you make it sound cranked as well !

Back
Top Bottom