IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
Hi Justin ,
I m really happy to notice that I m not the only one who really wants the EVM-12L
Mark knopfler s tone is not sir far from us ;)
Thanks
Fafa
I really want it to, Knopfler has used them since early 80s and the Ownhammer pack is a bit lacking in my opinion

The DV77 pack is loads of fun! I'm glad I heard the demos of sounds other than down-tuning as I don't really play down-tuned. This cab pack seems to get along with every amp. My ears are usually tuned to the Bogner paired with the M25, so the DV77 is definitely a different flavor. Some days I want pizza, other days I want a burger. A lot of my patches are being converted to using the DV77.
Thanks for another great sound!

@York Audio , Amplified Parts is having a BOGO sale on Jensen speakers. I picked up a pair of Raptors and a pair of Tornado Stealth 80s. Came out to like $300 for the four speakers. Just wanted to mention this in case you're looking for some additional flavors.

The DV77 is killer!!!

This might be the first IR pack where I actually use an IR shot with a 57. As much as I’ve used that mic to record guitars for the first 26 years of my musician life, I didn’t have a single preset using an IR with a 57 until last night. For some reason, I just hate the way pretty much all of them sound and found myself gravitating towards an M160 in the digital realm.

I’ve got the DV77 on a 5150, MKIV, IIC++ and I think the Herbie CH3. Going to play around with more presets tonight. Lately I’ve been working on recording-only presets, setting up very basic presets/scenes that are just an amp with multiple cab options so when I’m mixing, I can just audition different cabs existing in the cab blocks already and be on my way. So far, looks like this cab is going to make it into every heavy scene I have!

Bought it ;)
Finally, a good alternative to the (albeit awesome) generic Mesa OS V30 sound of the last 30 years XD
now the only thing left is to wait for the Hesu Demon pack >.<
I completely agree, and thank you for picking up the pack. I mentioned on the YORK 212 DV77 product page that this speaker “rides the line between something new and something familiar.” I think it has the qualities we love about a great V30, but it also fixes the issues we tend to have with V30s. This is my favorite speaker in my collection and dethrones the Mesa 2x12 as my ultimate “Swiss Army Knife” cab.

@York Audio , Amplified Parts is having a BOGO sale on Jensen speakers. I picked up a pair of Raptors and a pair of Tornado Stealth 80s. Came out to like $300 for the four speakers. Just wanted to mention this in case you're looking for some additional flavors.
Is there a coupon code or something for the BOGO deal? I just added two speakers to my cart and they want to charge full price for both. Shoot me a PM with any info you’ve got on the deal and I’ll grab several speakers. Thanks for the heads up!

The DV77 is killer!!!

This might be the first IR pack where I actually use an IR shot with a 57. As much as I’ve used that mic to record guitars for the first 26 years of my musician life, I didn’t have a single preset using an IR with a 57 until last night. For some reason, I just hate the way pretty much all of them sound and found myself gravitating towards an M160 in the digital realm.

I’ve got the DV77 on a 5150, MKIV, IIC++ and I think the Herbie CH3. Going to play around with more presets tonight. Lately I’ve been working on recording-only presets, setting up very basic presets/scenes that are just an amp with multiple cab options so when I’m mixing, I can just audition different cabs existing in the cab blocks already and be on my way. So far, looks like this cab is going to make it into every heavy scene I have!
I’m so glad you’re liking the DV77 pack! I bought two more mics and a new mic pre for this pack and it means the world to me that the investment was worth it. Emails have been pouring in with great responses about the pack, so it’s been really encouraging to see it become a staple pack for so many players so quickly.

Post some clips if you can. I’d love to hear what you guys are doing with these IRs.

I've been asked about "non-heavy" tones with the YORK 212 DV77 pack, so here are a couple more clips to showcase some of the diversity found in this pack. Enjoy!

Here's a gritty Plexi with my P-90 loaded Gibson SG.

And here's an ambient clean tone with my Strat and the Matchbox D-30 model.

The custom made YORK cabinet was designed to let the speaker shine. I think we nailed it since this pack can easily do clean, crunch, and heavy without compromise.

I've been asked about "non-heavy" tones with the YORK 212 DV77 pack, so here are a couple more clips to showcase some of the diversity found in this pack. Enjoy!

The custom made YORK cabinet was designed to let the speaker shine. I think we nailed it since this pack can easily do clean, crunch, and heavy without compromise.

Sounds really good!

The clip on your storefront has some serious growl to it. Love it! And going all the down to the ambient clean tone 👌 That’s money right there, well, some of my money heading your way that is 😊

I like this fat midrangy sound, it´s very direct and sensitive - seems to be a great cab which you designed, but I´m not a 7-Stringguy. The other examples sounds on soundcloud sound also very interessting, which amps did you use there. How does it sound with classic amps like Plexi?
Edit - haven´t s seen your previous post with the other examples here. So, I think, I´m sold! :)

Is there some information about the eminence DV 77 Speaker? Haven´t heard anything before of this.

It's finally here! The York Audio YORK 212 DV77 Cab Pack is now available at www.yorkaudio.co

Based on a custom made York Audio 2x12 cabinet loaded with Eminence DV-77 speakers, this pack is truly special and sounds absolutely massive! The low end kicks like a 4x12, but with 2x12 focus, the midrange is forward and balanced, and the top end has great pick attack and note clarity without any peaky harshness.

Even though most people consider this to be a drop-tuned metal speaker, it actually plays really well with British mid-gain tones and sounds great with humbuckers or single coils.

Here's a clip I made with my PRS Mark Holcomb SVN, the 6160 Block model, and the Mix MEAN IR from the pack. More clips are coming soon to showcase other tones, but this one is for the heavy guys who have been begging me for this speaker.

Enjoy!

Is this your typical 5150 setup? 666 0.5 and 6 with gain around 3.5-4 and MV at 2ish? Do you plug straight into the axfx or do you use a DI box first? Any post processing?

I like this fat midrangy sound, it´s very direct and sensitive - seems to be a great cab which you designed, but I´m not a 7-Stringguy. The other examples sounds on soundcloud sound also very interessting, which amps did you use there. How does it sound with classic amps like Plexi?
Edit - haven´t s seen your previous post with the other examples here. So, I think, I´m sold! :)

Is there some information about the eminence DV 77 Speaker? Haven´t heard anything before of this.
Yeah, the midrange is really cool with that cab and speaker combo. As far as information goes, are you looking for anything in particular in addition to what’s on Eminence’s site about the DV77? I’m not sure what kind of info you’re looking for.

Is this your typical 5150 setup? 666 0.5 and 6 with gain around 3.5-4 and MV at 2ish? Do you plug straight into the axfx or do you use a DI box first? Any post processing?
That’s typically my starting point for a non-boosted 6-string tone with medium output pickups. The 7-string is a different beast and needed to be tweaked for the super hot pickups in that guitar.

I’m not in front of the Axe at the moment, but I used the Horizon Precision Drive in front and set the 5150 something like:
Gain 3.5, Bass 6, Mid 3.8, Treb 6.2, Presence 3, Depth 5.5, Master Volume around 2.5, and Input Trim around 0.6.

With high output pickups going into a high gain amp, they can make the tone murky and it’s takes more time trying to figure out ways to get more clarity in your sound. Lowering the pickups helps, but I’m thinking about finding something with moderate output so it’s tighter going into the amp and the gain and tone controls have a more usable sweep. I’ve only had the guitar for four days, so I’m still tweaking it and learning it, but I love it.

Sorry, I forgot to answer the second part of your post. I just plug directly into the Axe and straight into my interface and I don’t use any post processing aside from a limiter just to make the clip loud enough for SoundCloud.

Just got it a little while ago, man does it sound good! It’s very surprising how good it sounds with clean to edge of breakup amps. Wow Justin, just wow. Thank you.
Man, thanks for posting this. I think that speaker is really special, and the crazy success of this pack is a huge encouragement that the cabinet design and innovations were worth the time and money that went into creating it. :) Now I’m excited to throw more speakers in that cabinet!

Really digging the DV77 pack for cleans and edge-of-breakup stuff.

Landed on the 2x12 Lead 80 curve, which has a 110 Hz resonance. Zilla 2x12 curve sounds good also.

DV77 57v-OA1: finally, a 57 single-mic IR that doesn't need a 160 or 121 to fill it in! o_O

Have you ever offered a sampler plate of IRs, Justin?

As a newbie I would totally be down for an high gain
(Mesa, Marshall,. Bogner) and a low-to-medium gain
(Vox, Matchless, Bassman) style sampler pack of IRs. :)

Back
Top Bottom