IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
I'm in on this one too! Eager to try out the mixes. Interested to hear other's opinions of the standout IRs.

FWIW, mix 2 and 9 of the DoubleVerb is my goto L/R mix for cleans.

Great pack with a lot of flavors in it. My new favorites for the AC-20, Matchless, and even Hot Cat.

There is a lot of variation in the individual numbers for a specific speaker, which is handy. My new favorites are typically the M25 in one slot, H30 in another, chosen to present an overall good tone, then panned. Really good stuff!

Great pack with a lot of flavors in it. My new favorites for the AC-20, Matchless, and even Hot Cat.

There is a lot of variation in the individual numbers for a specific speaker, which is handy. My new favorites are typically the M25 in one slot, H30 in another, chosen to present an overall good tone, then panned. Really good stuff!
I'm so happy that you're liking it! And yes, I made sure there was a lot of variety in the single mic captures. I used 5 guitars with different pickups and body types to make sure there was a great fit with any guitar you throw at it. I need to try the panning thing. I've never done that before, but it sounds like a cool way to get extra width.

Just realized there is a cranked take as well
Love it defo a buy it now!
Pls share the presets when you can dude as sounds wicked!
Thanks for the kind words. Here's the preset I used to make the clip. Just make sure you've got BLND Mix 01 loaded into the cab slot.

Attachments

• YA MTCH ESD V2 - BLND Mix 01.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 86
Whoah, I've been using the original MTCH 212 blends for the last year or so. These new ones are a pleasant surprise!

I don't hear a massive difference on my clean DC30 sounds, but throw in some overdrive and things sound so much more open and throaty at the same time. Digging into the strings feels good. Really loving how drives sound on this set compared to the older cabs, these feel much less boxed-in in the mids and low-mids. I did bump up the bass slightly on the amp, but other than that no adjustments needed for awesome tones.

Been playing the new MTCH and it absolutely slays! I've honestly never really cared for open back cabs for anything above light breakup tones, but this pack has changed that. It sounds fantastic with the entire range of gain from crystal clean to full on saturation. Absolutely wild. This is, in all ways an improvement on the v1.00 and well worth the price of admission if not more in my opinion. I've bought every pack so far. Most likely, I still will going forward.

Last edited:
Used the new ESD Match IRs live this morning. I normally mix multiple IR mixes to get my sound but today I just used the 121 single mic on the H30 and the 421v single mic on the M25 panned 40% left and right. Sounded amazing. The old Match pack was good but this pack is so much more present, sort of three dimensional and just plain beautiful. Thanks Justin for all your IRs but personally, as Matchless fan, this is the pinnacle of your work so far!!
PS. I too subscribe to the theory that when York Audio release a cab pack you should just buy it. You’ll always be impressed.

I just compared the blend mixes with the previous version and there is an improved clarity, you're right saying these new ir's sound more alive, there is some kind of extra dimension to them. With the DC30 model they really sound great.

Thanks for the kind words about the new Matchless cab, guys. Seriously, I lost a lot of sleep over that cab hoping it would connect with people and your comments bring me a lot of peace. It's very different from the V1, and I think that's what scared me a little about it. But it sounds so much better to me. It's way more open and breathes better. I love it with all of my guitars with some basic amp tweaks and it's awesome to hear that it's translating for you as well.

Used the new ESD Match IRs live this morning. I normally mix multiple IR mixes to get my sound but today I just used the 121 single mic on the H30 and the 421v single mic on the M25 panned 40% left and right. Sounded amazing. The old Match pack was good but this pack is so much more present, sort of three dimensional and just plain beautiful. Thanks Justin for all your IRs but personally, as Matchless fan, this is the pinnacle of your work so far!!
PS. I too subscribe to the theory that when York Audio release a cab pack you should just buy it. You’ll always be impressed.
Which specific files did you pick out of the H30 121 and M25 421v options?

When I got my Helix I jumped down the IR rabbit hole with both feet and bought a load, drowning in options.
When I got my Axe FX 3, I swore I wouldn’t do it again, especially with the vast collection of factory cabs. I’ve been more than satisfied with what’s available. Then the thread about Phil X and Mark Days BE100 cropped up and, try as I might, I was struggling to get “that” tone. I did my usual exhaustive research and kept coming back to York Audio (for a few reasons) and took the plunge with the Friedman and Marshall M25 packs as I have a love for everything remotely Marshally.
Based on a lot of comments, and trying to keep things simple, I went with the mixes to start with.....
Honestly, I wasn’t impressed with any and was a bit disheartened. It was probably something I was doing, but couldn’t find any I liked. Even tried Justin’s BE100 preset and recommended cab, but no joy. Don’t get me wrong, they weren’t remotely bad, just wasn’t blown away like I was expecting and much preferred the factory cabs I’d been using.
I should probably say that I’m not a tweaker AT ALL, and one of the (many) reasons I love the Axe FX is how you can just pick an amp and appropriate cab and with a quick tweak of the basic controls, you’re good to go. I don’t even bother with hi/lo cuts or basics like that.

Anyway, had some time this afternoon, so loaded up the full selection of single mic ir’s and had a play. First stop was a 100w jumped plexi with the M25 pack. A quick audition of the 57 and 121 captures and quickly found I preferred number 3 of each. When I say preferred, I mean LOVE!
Any Marshall I threw at it sounded tremendous, even with everything at noon. Tried the same mics in the Friedman pack with the BE100 and ohhhhh boy. There “it” is.
I haven’t even tried any another mics yet, but have redone all my Marshally presets with the 57 & 121 and am over the moon. Lost count of how many times I literally said “WOAH!” out loud and looked at my guitar and Axe Fx like some secret magic was at work. I’ve been trying to find words to describe the differences to my ears, but the best I can come up with is it makes everything even more Marshally, if that makes sense. More bark, honk, grit, etc and maybe a more dynamic feel as well?

I know I’m a bit late to the party and apologies for the long post, but I’m sure there’s others that like to keep it very simple. Very, very impressed. Thanks for all the work Justin.

I bought the Friedman cab a few days ago and just want to give a shout-out to how much I'm enjoying it. I've been wanting to "freshen up" my AFX2 Mk II for a while beyond just the stock IRs--I've had it for almost 10 years!--and this was a perfect way to do it. I'm probably going to be grabbing a whole bunch of other York Audio packs soon.

The Friedman definitely has some sizzle to it, but man it really delivers that 'modern cutting Marshall' tone in spades. I'm currently noodling around with a HBE V2 patch using the M25 Mix 02 cab, and it just screams. One thing I've noticed is that going through the individual mic captures reveals all sort of cool things that I'd never use as a primary tone but which would be interesting color in a mix.

I'll probably look at getting the Marshall M25 or the Mesa Trad next. Too many choices!

Just excellent work. Bravo.

One future request: I'd love a Fender Twin cab.

I just released the York Audio 5153 412 VH20 Cab Pack based on a 2006 EVH 5150 III 4x12 cabinet loaded with the original Celestion G12EVH speakers. This thing is AWESOME!!! It has a big low end, woody midrange, and surprisingly smooth top end. It's actually great for both vintage Plexi tones and modern high gain chunky stuff. This cab has been requested a lot, and now I'm seeing why. I also got lucky and found an older one that had been played a lot. This cab is definitely staying in the room with me now.

Here's a little clip I made using the new Cygnus beta firmware with the PVH 6160 Block model and Mix 01 from the pack.

I hope you guys like it!

I just released the York Audio 5153 412 VH20 Cab Pack based on a 2006 EVH 5150 III 4x12 cabinet loaded with the original Celestion G12EVH speakers. This thing is AWESOME!!! It has a big low end, woody midrange, and surprisingly smooth top end. It's actually great for both vintage Plexi tones and modern high gain chunky stuff. This cab has been requested a lot, and now I'm seeing why. I also got lucky and found an older one that had been played a lot. This cab is definitely staying in the room with me now.

Here's a little clip I made using the new Cygnus beta firmware with the PVH 6160 Block model and Mix 01 from the pack.

I hope you guys like it!

chug chug yeeooww!

I hope you guys like it!

Ok, fine. Take my money!

I hope you guys like it!

I have that exact cab sittin’ right in front of me with the matching EVH III 100 watt on top of it. I run all my Marshall tones to the effects returns of that amp and it’s the bees knees!! I will be buying this one for sure!

Back
Top Bottom