Yek's preset collection (Q9.04, Axe-Fx II XL)

Interesting, one thing I’ve always wondered with the MMGT (you guys made me looking at a GT/16 now :) ) is how easy is it to make different button layouts? So if I have say preset 1 with a Chorus block but not a Flanger, and preset 2 with a Flanger but not a Chorus - can I make one of the buttons display Chorus when that’s active, and Flanger in another preset when that’s active?

My fave feature on GT. You can do this easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the MFC a lot. It's the best choice - in Axe-Fx Mode - for "plug-and-play" control of the Axe-Fx. And the Kicktags are the finishing touch.

But I'm a MIDI controller junkie, always have been, and sometimes crave for more control and possibilities. So I got me a RJM Mastermind GT/22. A monster controller, expensive too. The one with the displays above the 22 buttons.

Received it today and programmed it. Takes more time than a MFC, but the result is fantastic. Everything is so easily accessible now, through single clicks, double clicks, holding buttons, pages etc. Looks very pro.

Some things I particularly like:
- Save/Restore with an USB flash drive
- Preset Number: press digits to recall a preset
- holding buttons to switch X/Y, or to switch between two effects speeds

And great support for the Axe-Fx out of the box.

Also, RJM offers great and immediate support through mail and forum too. A reason why I chose RJM and not Liquid-Foot.

Have my GT for over a year. Love it as well. Also chose RJM over LF for same reason.

When it came time for a router I really wanted a liquid router. The same issues lead me to get a switchblade GL instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played my v17 presets at rehearsal tonight. CLRs in stereo. Bliss...

M@'s delay presets also sound glorious loud in full stereo.
I've added some of them (tweaked) to my preset collection.

Will post the presets this weekend.

Last edited:
Hi Yek,
Thanks for all your effort in documenting the AF2, it's made life easier for me learning how to use it. I've got a question: in the Amp "Other" page, what's the difference between using Left, Right and "Sum L+R"? I'm using "Left Only" in the I/O page, and amplification is stereo FRFR (but also curious if it affects when going to mono). Thanks in advance!

The I/O input settings are important for the incoming signal. You're using a mono guitar into the front input, so Left Only is the correct choice.

The Amp input options determine how the signal flowing into the Amp block should be handled. Sum L+R is default and okay here.

You would use L or R only when you need the Amp block to process only one side. For example, when you have a stereo signal before the Amp (Chorus, Rotary, Delay etc.) and want to keep the stereo signal, you need two Amp blocks. You would set one to Left input, and set its Balance to Left, and the other to Right input and Balance to Right.

home.jpg

yek, what did you use to black out the chrome CLR flame? I'm considering removing mine or cutting out some DimIt strips to tame the bright logo beast.

It's just the light. I haven't changed anything. I do agree that the logo is the worst part of the CLR. :)

Visited my favorite candy shop yesterday: Haar Guitars.
To order a new strat.
Stumbled upon a new pick from Chicken Picks. Very thick, no wear and tear and clear overtones like a Herdim.
BTW, Made in The Netherlands (I'm not affiliated).
Love this pick!

Pictures of my ultimate flexible and capable RJM Mastermind GT/22 controller.
Using just a single "master" preset on the Axe-Fx, it allows me to do everything from a few screens.

Titles between brackets indicate a "hold" function.

The "Scenes" switch acts like Reveal on the MFC: it turns the presets switches into scene switches.

Within a single scene I can modify the current amp tone by turning on a BB Pre (Drive X), or SDD (Drive Y), engaging a PEQ with Klon-ish settings, or the Boost in the Amp block. Or switch the Amp to Y (page 2) or switch between Amp 1 and Amp 2 (page 2).

I can switch presets the usual way, or from a menu, or by selecting the preset number.
The "Previous" switch lets me recall the previous preset quickly.

When I have sufficient time, I'll make a video.

GT-1.JPG

GT-2.JPG

GT-3.JPG

Last edited:
Yek, any chance you could post your lead "delay" settings? I used to use your delay blocks alot when you were on the mark 2 and shared your presets. I think you altered the eq in the block for more transparency. Or maybe the effect blocks are compatible from XL to mark2, I dont know?

Also do you still use the 10 band graph eq and cut the low and highs all the way and drop I think -2db from the lowest band as well?

Thanks as always for your time.

Yek, I really liked the FW 18 amps/cabs presets you made available several months ago. It seems to be different then the updated presets you posted on April 1. I wanted to turn a friend onto them. Where can I download these?

5150 II G3.syx
5150 III sc2x G3.syx
Bogner Shiva sc2x mv G3.syx
Bogner Uberschall mv G3.syx
Bogner XTC Blue S2x G3.syx
Bogner XTC Red G3.syx
Cameron Atomica G3.syx
Cameron CCV sc4x G3.syx
CarolAnn Triptik s2x G3.syx
CarolAnn Tucana sc2x G3.syx
Diezel VH4 sc2x G3.syx
Dr.Z Maz 38 G3.syx