Yek's preset collection (Q9.04, Axe-Fx II XL)

Two stupid questions:
1. Your song specific presets are only available w/ global settings correct?
2. If someone's not paying attention and uploads one of your presets with global settings will that effect all the presets in their Axe-fx or only that one preset?
Thanks again for sharing your hard work and constantly helping people!!!!!

Two stupid questions:
1. Your song specific presets are only available w/ global settings correct?
2. If someone's not paying attention and uploads one of your presets with global settings will that effect all the presets in their Axe-fx or only that one preset?
Thanks again for sharing your hard work and constantly helping people!!!!!

1. Correct. I can upload unlinked ones.
2. Just that one preset. Only if the user installs the System data file, it will effect their global block data (if they use it).

That would be awesome....you rock! I've been using your lonelyboy preset for years and wanted to see what your updated one sounds like. Your Alive preset is killer as well. It just dawned on me that I didn't disconnect the FXL so the sound is dramatically altered on output 2.

Hey Yek, did you ever share your ax8 patches?

Just carted my 2x12 up stairs and hooked up my ax8, power station. Things are not sounding great. Just wanted to rule my lack of talent out of the equation...

Hi Spence, no, not ready for prime time.
I do use the AX8, but with a couple of generic presets.

I programmed a Whammy block for RATM's Killing In The Name Of.
Works excellent. The trick is in the modifier settings.
Block file attached. Goes in front of the AMP block.

Attachments

• Whammy ext.1_20161120_171754.blk
    688 bytes · Views: 164
Last edited:
Current rig:

rig1.JPG

rig2.JPG

rig3.JPG

rig4.JPG

Files in OP updated/

First, THANKS as always for sharing this with us, I LOVE studying your work and I've learned as much from you as anyone else ( including Cliff ) about how to build my own presets, and quite frankly just about guitar TONE in general !

I loaded up your MAIN preset, and noticed that both the X/Y Cab default to a user Cab ? Is your recommendation for a Factory Cab still # 175 4x12 TV160 B ? And I noticed that your the pic of your current set up did not contain a Reverb block, but the presets still do ? I'm guessing that you just picked the wrong screen cap, but I just wanted to double check ?

THANKS !

Reactions: yek
Aha, I probably forgot to set the Cab to stock cabs.
Yes, I think I use #175 when using stock cabs.

Regarding reverb, that's indeed not a screenshot of my main preset, by accident.
I do use reverb with clean tones.

Back
Top Bottom