Yek's preset collection (Q9.04, Axe-Fx II XL)

I received the Fryette's Power Station II (PS-2) this week.
And it has replaced the Matrix GT1000FX in my rig.

I've had that GT1000FX for a long time. It is and continues to be a great, light 1U device which requires no maintenance.

But I find Fryette's claims to be true, the PS-2 does improve the interaction between Axe-Fx, poweramp and cabinet, and I get a better tone. Not by a landslide but absolutely enough to keep using it.

It's slightly bigger and heavier than I expected though.

I've played with the PS a number of times now. It's without a doubt the very best power amp I've ever used with my cabinets (non-FR). Very happy with the tone and feel.

I've played with the PS a number of times now. It's without a doubt the very best power amp I've ever used with my cabinets (non-FR). Very happy with the tone and feel.
Excellent! I've my GT1000FX-1U up for sale now, gonna follow your lead on this :) Do you have a recommendation for a vendor in Europe by any chance?

The presets for 3.03, posted in this thread, work fine with 4.0 too. Just set the Amp block to the latest modeling version.
I read the forum intensly lately and learned a lot. also bought some packages of presets and on my way to make my own standard presets with the knowledge gained. I haven't used your presets and settings yet, but certainly will start looking to your presets again and "borrow' some of your settings.

question: what do you mean with having saved things as global block in your grid template (some of mine are pretty close to yours i see now, so guess i learned more then i thought). Are the colored ones the global blocks or can you save a standard preset a a block?

Global blocks are explained in the manual. It means that you can use the same block in multiple presets, and when you adjust something like n one preset, the change is carried over to the other presets with that global block.

Global blocks are explained in the manual. It means that you can use the same block in multiple presets, and when you adjust something like n one preset, the change is carried over to the other presets with that global block.
My mind always goes further, i know and read this in the manual. I have read a lot. Its more that i was thinking that one could have multiple blocks like a preset assigned as a global block. Its more a question if i understood it correctly. But its like many blocks of your presets are stored and used as global blocks in your grid ;)

thanks!

I have a long editing session today, preparing for rehearsals with a top 2000 I play in, using the AX8.

I remembered a handy tip, using a small Hercules stand, to set the AX8 upright.

stand.jpg

yek -

I think you need to check your presets ....

I've never had trouble in the past, but this time when I load your Main 6x | mono, ALL the amps are the 59 Bassguy.

I'm late for work, so that's the only one I've had time to try ....

THANKS !

yek -

I think you need to check your presets ....

I've never had trouble in the past, but this time when I load your Main 6x | mono, ALL the amps are the 59 Bassguy.

I'm late for work, so that's the only one I've had time to try ....

THANKS !

I'll check when I get home, thanks.

I've imported several of these presets but I've found that they all use the 59 bassguy amp block and a lot of the volumes are at 0, and panned hard left. I don't get any audio at all out of the 5 or 6 I've tried except the funky synth one.

The Output is set at zero volume as well.

Yek you are fantastic. Recently I have been searching through these fourms finding answers. The guide to amp models, and the how to Wiki. To boot you have taken time and pointed me in the right direction in the past.

Thanks for sharing your collection of presets and knowledge. Especially in the last couple months you have helped me so much with all you have done. Thanks again Yek!

Reactions: yek
I've imported several of these presets but I've found that they all use the 59 bassguy amp block and a lot of the volumes are at 0, and panned hard left. I don't get any audio at all out of the 5 or 6 I've tried except the funky synth one.

The Output is set at zero volume as well.

global blocks issue. Probably wrong setting in Preferences. I'll repair this tonight.

Back
Top Bottom