Yamaha s H8S or Neumann KH120

fafakiwi

Experienced
Hi everyone ,
i ve recently post a thread as i was thinking of changing my yamaha s H8S for others FR/FR in order to improve my sound ......i have the opportunitie to sell the yamaha , after having made few researches i m thinking of buying a pair of Neumann KH120 but i m not sure if i ll be able to ear a difference and i really worry about that , it makes me hesitate.
so i d like you to give an advise on that .....if anyone has ever tested the KH120 , i ve not the opportunity to test them , unfortunately......
so i would be greatful for any advice as it will cost me a huge amount of money !!!!!
Thanks !!!!!
Fafa

Being double the price I am sure there would be some improvement in sound. I have the HS8s and I am pretty happy with them. To be honest I dont think that having a better studio monitor is going to be that big of tone change for your guitar. I think people way over emphasis the importance of flat monitors. Unless you have a specific problem with your monitors why change them?
Your room is WAY more important than your monitors if you already have HS8s. I think if you put $800 dollars into bass traps and room reflection control you would be a lot better of than buying more expensive monitors.

What problems are you having with your sound?

Hi
It s not really a problem ,
The choice of FR/ FR has been difficult to do as I know anything on it ....
I have no possibility to test so my choice is only made with advices and what I find on the net
I have the opportunity to sell the Yamaha and I thought that Neumann product are well known and the prices also garanty quality....
The axe sounds amazing so I m searching how to improve its sound.....

Hi
What do you call a big room
Yamaha are already huge monitors 8 " for the speaker
Just want best quality sound....

I checked the Neumanns once, these are the small ones, right? Didn´t do it for me without a sub...better to keep the Yamaha´s IMO.

I think these are the small ones and I won t buy subwoofer ....
Thanks for your answer
I think they sound great even if they are small ....

That's a pretty significant price difference between the two...why are you comparing those two in particular? There's heaps of options in between?

That's a pretty significant price difference between the two...why are you comparing those two in particular? There's heaps of options in between?
Hi
Thanks for answer
I don t compare
I have the Yamaha and I think of changing for Neumann s , but I m not sure that it will improve my sound even if Yamaha s are cheaper

The Yamaha's 8's display at least some lows and good low mids, where the Neumann's don't do that and need a sub to give you a full picture of a guitar or bass.
The Yamaha's are a bit coloured in the mids, a little to much around 500-800 Hz I'd say (not measured, just from listening to them). The Neumann's seem all flat and clear up from the low mids.
When you change your monitors you get better high mids and highs, but you loose lows and some low mids, that's what I'm thinking.
You could look for other 8"s to avoid a sub?

Hi and thanks for your useful answer.....
i thought the H8S were flat .....what would you advise me as i have not enough money for two Neuman KH120 and a subwoofer!!!!!!

Your room is WAY more important than your monitors if you already have HS8s. I think if you put $800 dollars into bass traps and room reflection control you would be a lot better of than buying more expensive monitors.

This is spot on..

Thanks for answer.
But .... what are bass traps and room reflection control ....total unknown for me ....

Hi and thanks for your useful answer.....
i thought the H8S were flat .....what would you advise me as i have not enough money for two Neuman KH120 and a subwoofer!!!!!!

There are not many that are as flat as the Neumanns. So in the long run a pair of Neumanns now and a sub later would be the best way. Remember that cheap products cost the most because you buy on and on.

There's also the Adam A7x, highs and mids better than the Yams, but also limited lows.
Then there's the Adam A8x. Good lows, but not that perfect mids and highs. Better than the Yams, sure, but not that cheap.

I don't know a perfect solution in that price range. I'd say get the KH120's and get a sub later. Quality remains when the price...that seems right here.

There are not many that are as flat as the Neumanns. So in the long run a pair of Neumanns now and a sub later would be the best way. Remember that cheap products cost the most because you buy on and on.

There's also the Adam A7x, highs and mids better than the Yams, but also limited lows.
Then there's the Adam A8x. Good lows, but not that perfect mids and highs. Better than the Yams, sure, but not that cheap.

I don't know a perfect solution in that price range. I'd say get the KH120's and get a sub later. Quality remains when the price...that seems right here.
An other useful answer.... maybe perfect solution would be Neumann s monitors without need of subwoofer..... even if price is more important !!!!
Two things instead of three !!!!!
What do you think of two Matrix Q12....?
Someone gave me this advise......
Thanks again
Fabrice

Back
Top Bottom