XY AMP switching!

LPSlinger

Inspired
Hello fellow Axe II brethren! My posts are generally short, so, a lot of you don't know much about me or the gear I use. Let me start by stating that I like to take things relatively slow, relying on a proven template expanding from there. Well, last night I decided it was time to give XY amp switching a try. A little background, I'm in a local cover band averaging 4 - 8 gigs per month. I was bitten by the guitar acquisition bug early on, and to date have accumulated a stable of 30 guitars; of which i like to rotate at each gig. These range from LPs, Strats, PRS, Parker, Heritage etc; each with it's own distinct voice. Before XY, I would rely on the Global EQ as well as alternate banks/presets, this had its drawbacks. Cut to the chase, now i'll be relying on XY via IA switch; my goal is to have a second complimentary amp setting to switch between differently voiced instruments. I can't wait to try this in a live situation, specially switching between single/humbucker guitars. Great big THANK YOU to Cliff and FAS team for providing so many elegant solutions for us live / studio players !! ;-)

Let me know your experience with this - I'm in a similar situation and would love to see how you use XY.

Back
Top Bottom