Xitone Build Time

I was also told 6-8 weeks when I ordered 14 months ago. Also my credit company said no to a chargeback because too much time had passed and that amount time they would do that in passed looooong ago. I just got another email about a week ago again repeating all the excuses and he’ll get back to me….again…..

I was also told 6-8 weeks when I ordered 14 months ago. Also my credit company said no to a chargeback because too much time had passed and that amount time they would do that in passed looooong ago. I just got another email about a week ago again repeating all the excuses and he’ll get back to me….again…..
I'm in the same boat, except I'm at 22 months since I ordered and that he has not responded to me since March of 2022. I really hope people see these posts before ordering, that's a decent chunk of change, and as far as I'm aware this is the only forum filled with people who have not received orders. I completely lost faith in actually receiving anything from him.

How is this guy getting away with charging anything but a deposit so far in advance of shipping?
Personally I would pay him a visit, regardless of being close by or not..

How is this guy getting away with charging anything but a deposit so far in advance of shipping?
Personally I would pay him a visit, regardless of being close by or not..
He has never chsarged my card until it shipped. It's been a couple of years but I've bought 4 cabs from him. Never charged me until it shipped. Things may have changed.

Wow crazy to see people are still going through this. I was exchanging emails with him before I ordered a xitone cab back in 2021. The understanding was that the cab would be ready within 1 to 2 weeks and he took my order and charged me. Little did I know that 2 weeks would turn into well over a year. I made complaint to him that I would be getting a PayPal refund and then he finally sent a cab out to me after numerous emails over that year. The packing was so bad when i received the cab that the Speaker magnet broke out of the speaker from impact. I sent him pics and said I needed a replacement of the speaker. He said he would send me a speaker immediately. I have been waiting almost a year for the freaking speaker so I just ordered one myself. The unfortunate part is the speaker cost me over 100 bucks! This lead me to just go power amp and real cabinet. It sounds way better to me anyways.

Turns out the Federal Trade Commission has a rule about this. Stumbled on this today in a sysadmin discussion about a vendor who won't cancel an order: https://www.ftc.gov/legal-library/browse/rules/mail-internet-or-telephone-order-merchandise-rule

The Rule, issued in 1975, requires sellers who solicit buyers to order merchandise through the mail, via the Internet, or by phone to have a reasonable basis to expect that the sellers can ship within the advertised time frame, or, if no time frame is specified, within 30 days. The Rule also requires that, when a seller cannot ship within the promised time, the seller must obtain the buyer’s consent to a delay in shipping or refund payment for the unshipped merchandise.

Also wik: https://www.ftc.gov/business-guidan...-internet-or-telephone-order-merchandise-rule

Merchants who violate the Rule can be sued by the FTC for injunctive relief, monetary civil penalties of up to $50,120 per violation (any time during the five years preceding the filing of the complaint), and consumer redress (any time during the three years preceding the filing of the complaint). When the mails are involved, the Postal Service also has authority to take action for problems such as non-delivery. State law enforcement agencies can take action for violating state consumer protection laws.

So if I pay a lawyer more than the cost of the cabinet I should win the case?
No, you file a complaint with the FTC through their website, or with the NC attorney general, or both. Or contact him and tell him that's what you're going to do if he doesn't give you your money back.

No, you file a complaint with the FTC through their website, or with the NC attorney general, or both. Or contact him and tell him that's what you're going to do if he doesn't give you your money back.
Would a non US resident be able to do this?

PayPal closed the case in my favor, and I am receiving a full refund. Thank goodness. Hope Xitone figures everything out and is able to put their best foot forward in the future.
I just discovered this thread after Mick becoming un communicative…and me becoming suspicious. (My wait has been just under 3 months, but he originally told me that, even though the wait time was 6-8 weeks, he could get mine in a few weeks since I needed it quickly). Based on your experience with Paypal, I will contact them today. Do you have any tips or advice about the process Jkist7?

Back
Top Bottom