WTF Warmoth Guitars!!!!?????

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
I have mentioned this before on here. About how Warmoth's website is atrociously slow. Like dial up slow. PC, Mac, at home or at work. Even sorting say Tele bodies by price takes FOREVER. Minutes. I have spoken with Warmoth about this. They refuse to acknowledge problem. Great company. Shitty website.

Try it. Go to tele bodies and then sort. Anything. Then go mow your lawn and come back.

Got 39 seconds for a Tele body sort by price here. Yes, for sorting it's shockingly bad. I would guess the default page sort orders are cached because the default Tele body page loads in a reasonable time. It's possible that they've not got proper indexes on their database columns, but even that doesn't fully explain how slow it is.

It's possible that they've simply got the website hosted on cheap underpowered servers and have no appetite to pay more for greater performance.

I still love Warmoth though!

It's horrendous, and I LOVE Warmoth.

I had the same experience over the last couple months looking for a tele replacement body and just gave up and went with an MJT on eBay:

IMG_20220815_125439_01.jpg

Every time I've been to the Warmoth site, if I don't find what I need within a click or two I go somewhere else because navigating their site is... So... Painfully.... Slow.

I bought a new tele neck a couple weeks ago. It wasn't a Warmoth. But it did replace a Warmoth neck. SMH

Every time I've been to the Warmoth site, if I don't find what I need within a click or two I go somewhere else because navigating their site is... So... Painfully.... Slow.

I bought a new tele neck a couple weeks ago. It wasn't a Warmoth. But it did replace a Warmoth neck. SMH
This exactly. I like to switch things around and try different ideas. The old site was fine. This site? I too stop from building because it takes too long.

When I go to Warmoth, I go straight to the build from scratch page or whatever they call it, because they never have what I want in stock because I have non normal taste. It takes a bit for the page to load, but once you start choosing the specs you want, it runs at about normal speed.

I tried to use Thrive Market to buy organic food. Their website is so slow that I give up after a few minutes. Companies that are oblivious to their online experience lose a LOT of money over this.

Yeah I cannot wait 3 minutes between each sort. This is insane that they don't fix. TOTAL downgrade from their old site.

I just picked sort to ALL and that took 4 minutes to load. Then I sorted by price. Another 5 minutes. Then I have to sort for rear route, and all the other things. TARDED. Lose interest...........................................

Last edited:
Their forum is even worst (even it if is called Unofficial Warmoth, it is run by the same guys). It cannot be accessed from anywhere in Thailand since several years ago. Not even in read mode! I cannot read the contents. The access is totally blocked, and a VPN doesn't work.

I have complained to them many times. After having been denying that they are blocking any IP range or any country, now all they say is: "we are sorry, we do this to prevent spam"

Their webmaster must be halfwit

What would they do if they had one spammer from the US or Canada? Also totally block the access from these countries?

1660986694845.png

Last edited:
Damn, when I run the Warmoth website through a website performance analysis site like GTMetrix it scores an "E". I've never actually seen a real-life site score below an F before. With my 300MB down connection it takes 8.4 seconds to fully load the page initially.

Man, if I delivered a website that performed like this to a client I'd get fired...

Me too. I have two Warmoth builds and have been considering a third but the site is just soooooooooo slooooooow. As a former IT person responsible for website development I chalk it up to poor development process. The new site just performs poorly. The old site was more basic, wasn't slow, and allowed me to do whatever I needed to build a guitar, which it seems to me is the actual reason the site exists to begin with. I think their development teams develop in isolation and when they put the parts together they don't "fit" properly. And likely they don't have a testing environment that even remotely emulates their production site. Just my two cents. But I do like their product. For someone like me who isn't very handy at things like guitar building it allowed me to build two nice guitars at a better price than Fender or Gibson, et al, and more to my personal specifications.

Back
Top Bottom