WTF Brit Studio 20? How many people wanted a Marshall SV20H in the Wish List???

Do keep in mind there are ways to mod the amps we have to get really close to other amps that are not represented here. If there’s one in particular you’d like, create a thread for it, and chances are someone will know what settings of the advanced parameters will get you there! From what I glean, amp designers often take a famous amp and just change a few things that are easily tweaked in the Axe. Cliff has named only a few designers who don’t do this.

According to every review it's too loud at 5W for the bedroom.
I wouldn't be surprised... The loudest (and only) tube amp I've had was the Boogie 20/20. I figured this would be room-friendly :p I see they sell tube amps with very low wattage now too. 1.5W or so... Makes me wonder if I need much headroom in my bedroom... :p

I’m a Plexi enthusiast now, so I’m always up for another. To me, the new 20 watt reacts very differently to my guitar than all the Plexis and their modded variants. I guess to me the Plexi the ultimate platform for expressiveness, and it can be used for anything if you pair with the cab that works for that moment. It’s versatility is unmatched as a basic design, to my ears. And the little things that differentiate one Plexi from the next are big to me. Just my two cents.

Seriously I'm sorry for say it but they are sooooo many legendary amps waiting to be added and you add this one? 🤐🤦🏻‍♂️

PS:
I know we will probably get a usable tone out of it but come on... please add other amps that many of us are waiting for. 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼
Especially considering all the wasted money you've spent on firmware subscriptions - right?

Just unbelievable! I echo the sentiments of others on here. I was happy with my purchase 30 minutes after getting it out of the box, think that was firmware 11.x. Everything since then has been a gift. At this point the firmware updates fall into a few different categories, things I don’t understand, things that are cool but I may not use, and things that I didn’t know I wanted until they were added. I apologize if I can’t contribute to improving the device but I have nothing to add to the wish list at this point. If I had anything there in the past it’s either been taken care of or I no longer need it.

I haven't tested the 5W power output but the 20W setting is more than 20W. Clean power output is about 25W. Then you have to factor in that Plexis get their distortion from overdriving the power amp so power output when pushed is probably 30-40W.
Time for a Variac even on the little guys.

I laugh when I see 5W tube amps advertised as "bedroom amps" - particularly the ones that need the power section to be driven hard to get best tones. My little 5W blackstar has blistering volume when cranked.

Back
Top Bottom