Wow! Now THAT's what I'm talking about! Acoustic Tone From Heaven!

Man... that goes all the way to 12!!! Beautiful playing and expression. Who would guess it was NOT a high end acoustic? Thanks so much for sharing this. Very inspiring.

Absolutely beautiful! I recently bought a Lukather signature EBMM without piezzos, right at this moment I regret that decision.

All right, when I have my guitar made, it is gonna have piezo in it. I will have everything I need.

Absolutely wonderful tones, guys. Both of the examples sound just great.

Thanks.

Hi Patzag! Great playing man. Defiantly gotta do Autumn Leaves now. :) I'm new here and looking for advice with getting a smooth sound out of my flamenco guitar. I noticed you put up 2 IR's. One says Tommy and the other is Tommy Acoustic. Do I need both or just the Tommy Acoustic for a base start? Then I can tweak to my guitar. Thinking about adding the tube pre in there also! Thanx so much bro for a head start with my Fractal journey!

Hi Patzag! Great playing man. Defiantly gotta do Autumn Leaves now. :) I'm new here and looking for advice with getting a smooth sound out of my flamenco guitar. I noticed you put up 2 IR's. One says Tommy and the other is Tommy Acoustic. Do I need both or just the Tommy Acoustic for a base start? Then I can tweak to my guitar. Thinking about adding the tube pre in there also! Thanx so much bro for a head start with my Fractal journey!

Hey Morlock. One IR and one preset - not 2 IRs. I tried with the tube pre, didn't make it better for my use. but you're welcome to experiment and make it your own!
Cheers

Hey Pat,

.[/B] That old Gen-1 version (which I own) KICKS ASS, and I dunno why Fishman ever got away from that design or chassis (although it WAS rather expensive!)

Bill

Check your pedal and see if it was built in the U.S.? I know a few years back they moved out to China. They cheaped out after that.

Hey Morlock. One IR and one preset - not 2 IRs. I tried with the tube pre, didn't make it better for my use. but you're welcome to experiment and make it your own!
Cheers

Hi Patzag.. I loaded the Tommy.syx into the user cabs and I'm able to bring it in. Now.. do I take the TommyAcoustic.syx (the preset) and load it into the presets folder? A bit confused as I don't see any option in Ax Edit to load the preset for the cab after it's installed. I do see the Blocks Library option. Thanx so much in advance!

Check your pedal and see if it was built in the U.S.? I know a few years back they moved out to China. They cheaped out after that.

Frankly, I've owned and used two (2) of the older (heavy-ass/gen-1) units, and they've never failed me after hundreds of gigs and some rough road-work (I.E: many a drunken Irish-bar environment -lol!) so I could care less if mine were built in the "land-of-the-misfit-toys" - LOL!

The OP may be interested in checking where his was built?

~Bill~

I am having a problem with no sound when using this patch.

After reading though all of the posts and followed the suggestion about running shunts until the block loses sound. It happens to be the VOL block.

Page 1 Settings:
  • Volume = 10.00
  • Balance = 0.00
  • Volume Taper= LOG 20A
  • Output Level = 0.0 dB (nothing happens when I change it to 20.0 dB)

Page 2 Settings:
  • Input Select = Stereo
  • Pan Left = -100.0
  • Pan Right = 100.0
  • Bypass Mode = Thru

It doesn't matter if the Global blocks are linked or not.

Any ideas? I am using FW 9.02

Is a parameter in your volume block attached to an external controller that's perhaps set at 0?

Is a parameter in your volume block attached to an external controller that's perhaps set at 0?

I'll have to look through the manual (or search the wiki) so I know how to check that since I have been using only factory presets only.

I'll have to look through the manual (or search the wiki) so I know how to check that since I have been using only factory presets only.

Check the parameters in the volume block that came with the preset. One of them might be attached to an expression pedal that you're not using in your setup. See the section 7.2 Creating a Modifier in the manual for details on how to check, remove modifiers from parameters.

Wonderful sound and very very nice playing as well!!

Now I am wondering how this sound on a guitar that doesn't have a piezo system installed?

probably a stupid question .. but my excuse is that I'm a total newbie trying to learn
more about this wonderful piece of hardware that I'm so lucky to have.

:)

love it although I probably don't understand half of what it is capable to do ..

Now I am wondering how this sound on a guitar that doesn't have a piezo system installed?
It'll sound "sort of" acoustic—more acoustic than a straight electric guitar, but it won't fool anyone who knows what an acoustic guitar should sound like.

Hey Pat

Fantastic job! I have an original Aura - i have a Collings Custom Jumbo that I took to Fishman. They put an undersaddls pickup in it, and then used their in-house recording booth to create a set of images of the guitar as they played it and recorded it using various high end mics - a U87, a C414, and even a 57. I have 8 presets on the unit that are Fishman produced. I have found them to be very musical.

I plan on trying the Collings through my AEII, but until I can build some homemade goodies of my own i will be very happy using this patch with my piezo guitars. This is one of the best tones/IRs I have come across. Thank you !!

Joe

Back
Top Bottom