Wow - it is badass - updated with better pix on 9/13/10

Re: Wow - it is badass

See, there we go "Outdoing" one another on these boards - maybe I was the ONLY one who noticed this but by the looks of Scott's tuning picture, you even have an "F" string on your guitar - my guess is that not only do you get your name in Green on these boards, but obviously "F"ractal Audio supplied you with the relatively unknown "F" string. Where's mine? I hate you. :lol:

LOL... "MFC Envy" LOL... I have it too...
Maybe Scott has an old Floyd with grooves worn in the posts, that sticks when you pull it up, ala Brad Gillis... ;)

VirgilGuitar said:
See, there we go "Outdoing" one another on these boards - maybe I was the ONLY one who noticed this but by the looks of Scott's tuning picture, you even have an "F" string on your guitar - my guess is that not only do you get your name in Green on these boards, but obviously "F"ractal Audio supplied you with the relatively unknown "F" string. Where's mine? I hate you. :lol:

Bwhaha! That's just what showed up when I clicked the tuner over. My guitar isn't even plugged into the Axe-FX right now.

Scott Peterson said:
My guitar isn't even plugged into the Axe-FX right now.

Isn't that illegal ?!!? ;) or are you busy running the "light test" like on Neve consoles... ? ;)

flyingfadr said:
Scott Peterson said:
My guitar isn't even plugged into the Axe-FX right now.

Isn't that illegal ?!!? ;) or are you busy running the "light test" like on Neve consoles... ? ;)

I've had it lit up and plugged in all day. I have to, it's just to make sure it's real. It's like a surreal dream come true that it is here... and that dream lasted for over 3 years for me. I keep pinching myself and turning around to see if it is still there.

So far, so good. :D

LOL... I bet ! I guess the naysayers can't keep saying "it'll be more like another 3 years..."
But if you turn around, and it's gone... it was NOT me.. ;)

Looks cool! Are the lights TOO bright? Hoping not. When I was using my GT-10, I ended up putting blue painters tape over many of the lights because they were burning out my retinas.

Chad said:
Looks cool! Are the lights TOO bright? Hoping not. When I was using my GT-10, I ended up putting blue painters tape over many of the lights because they were burning out my retinas.

Time will tell. P&W gig this weekend. No club dates in the near future I am aware of. If it's too bright, that'll be where it'll be noticed.

Scott Peterson said:
VirgilGuitar said:

Bwhaha! That's just what showed up when I clicked the tuner over. My guitar isn't even plugged into the Axe-FX right now.

That just proves another point to me; Fractal probably supplied you with some nuclear powered pups - ....... (In the "Church Lady/Dana Carvey voice: ) perhaps "F" spaced ones? :twisted:

Ok when is the firmware up date coming to create your own light show? :lol: Man those look like they are some bright LED's, might need a dimmer switch to tone them down a bit. Looks good Scott I can't wait till I can pick one up.

Scott, I am actually quite pleased that you got the MFC-101. Your posts on the AXE-FX were the reason that I got an Ultra.

I think many of us would like to hear an evaluation or rather a comparison to the LFP. I know that you weren't using one.

I have the LFP and am seriously considering moving towards the MFC-101. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Congrats Scott! I'm pleased to see that you received the 101, and look forward to reading your future postings as you test drive that bad boy for the rest of us on the waiting list.

marsodude said:
Scott, I am actually quite pleased that you got the MFC-101. Your posts on the AXE-FX were the reason that I got an Ultra.

I think many of us would like to hear an evaluation or rather a comparison to the LFP. I know that you weren't using one.

I have the LFP and am seriously considering moving towards the MFC-101. Maybe someone else can chime in.

There are some here that have/had a LFP and appear now have a MFC. I could understand not wanting to post a comparison here, but maybe a PM? So if you fit this category, PM me :)

TBurst Std said:
marsodude said:

There are some here that have/had a LFP and appear now have a MFC. I could understand not wanting to post a comparison here, but maybe a PM? So if you fit this category, PM me :)

I'll post a comparison later. It would just be a long post.

Have a question with regards to the power supply. Will it fit to a 1U power conditioner without needing space above or below?

Thanks

Mark

Marky said:
Have a question with regards to the power supply. Will it fit to a 1U power conditioner without needing space above or below?

Thanks

Mark

It needs space below.

javajunkie said:
Scott Peterson said:
On my Furman it tilts the power supply sideways, so no extra space required.

Which furman are you using? I like that idea.

PL-8 Series II. I have to use 2 outlet spaces; but the only things in my rack are the Ultra and the power supply for the midi controller phantom power, so no issue. :D

Back
Top Bottom