Wow, and... Oh No !

TonyGring

Inspired
Updated my Standard to 7.13 two days ago. Used it at rehearsal last night for first time since update. Wow! Tuner is stable and better than ever. Also, my patches just seemed juicier somehow. That part may just be in my head. Great 3 hrs of playing.
Oh No! Last song the Axe stayed locked on a patch. I couldn't change the patch to another via my GCP or edit the patch via my GCP's I/A buttons. Then I tried turnining the dial on the Axe. No Dice. AAACKK !! I turned off the Axe and turned it back on. All seems to be working normally for the three minutes I left it on. Had to pack it up and split as it was late.
Anyone else had this happen? A one time event I hope?

TonyGring said:
Updated my Standard to 7.13 two days ago. Used it at rehearsal last night for first time since update. Wow! Tuner is stable and better than ever. Also, my patches just seemed juicier somehow. That part may just be in my head. Great 3 hrs of playing.
Oh No! Last song the Axe stayed locked on a patch. I couldn't change the patch to another via my GCP or edit the patch via my GCP's I/A buttons. Then I tried turnining the dial on the Axe. No Dice. AAACKK !! I turned off the Axe and turned it back on. All seems to be working normally for the three minutes I left it on. Had to pack it up and split as it was late.
Anyone else had this happen? A one time event I hope?

Yes, my midi cable into the axe-fx was loose. It had enough of a connection for pwer but worked out enough so the foot controller didn't work.

Could a loose cable cause the dial not to react? I have had the Axe lock up several times due to the old editor noise gate thing. I guess it's possible.

Let's keep tabs on it.

I've had the axe lock up a few times and it's always happened when there was either a midi controller hooked up or the beta editor. When using the beta editor it's happened 3 times when adjusting the patch volume slider. It makes a squeal sound and completely locks up. It's always happened when editing something, never while just playing or changing patches.

kev said:
I've had the axe lock up a few times and it's always happened when there was either a midi controller hooked up or the beta editor. When using the beta editor it's happened 3 times when adjusting the patch volume slider. It makes a squeal sound and completely locks up. It's always happened when editing something, never while just playing or changing patches.

In the past year, it has happened to me:a) numerous times with the old editor (gate and patch volume adjustments) and b) once on stage. A reboot gets you back quickly.

Dutch said:
Could a loose cable cause the dial not to react? I have had the Axe lock up several times due to the old editor noise gate thing. I guess it's possible.

Let's keep tabs on it.

Nope that was a problem with communication with the old editor. It will be a thing of the past.

At least once during a gig using my midimate, the axe would default to a certain preset (some rotating speaker preset) and would toggle between that and another preset. I would have to power the unit off and fiddle with the midi cable into the midimate and reboot.

Yep, happened to me at a gig a couple of weeks ago. Just got on stage for our 3rd set and it was frozen! Fortunately i had time to restart the Ultra and it seemed fine for the rest of the night and hasn't happened since.

Back
Top Bottom