Worship Team Presets

JJ-LP

Here are 3 presets that I use for Contemporary Christian Music. (File is below pictures)
I have these 3 presets loaded into bank P
P1 used for Rhythm, Volume swells and Lead
P2 used for Lead. Has WAH option too
P3 Volume swell that I downloaded from this forum

I changed foot switch 2 and 3 on P1 to allow me to change to P2 and P3
I changed foot switch 2 and 3 on P2 to allow me to change back to P1 or up to P3
I changed foot switch 3 and 4 to allow me to change back to P1 or P2
Tempo footswitch is used for Tempo and Tuner

I took the pictures when I was using the 4 cable method.
I AM NOT using the 4 cable method with these presets
My fractal EV1 expression pedal is used for Volume on P1 and WAH on P2
My Rig consists of 2015 Traditional Les Paul into a Decimator 2, then into FX8
I use an ISO 5 Pedal Power to power Decimator 2 set on 35
Fractal EV1 (Out of both volume connections into both pedal connections on FX8) using TRS cables.
FX8 to front of Rivera Venus Deux tube amp
I have all my FX (Cable Tied) to a Holy Board pedal board (minus the riser)
I use a Mesa Cab Clone to eliminate stage volume and a pair of Sennheiser HD600 headphones in place of In Ear Monitors

189.JPG
190.JPG

Attachments

• Worship Bank-P.syx
    50.7 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
No amp sound on stage? Dreaded no amps on stage huh! You must have a great sound system..

No amp sound on stage? Dreaded no amps on stage huh! You must have a great sound system..
Sound system is pretty good at the church. I always get compliments on my tone and the sound guys love the clear noiseless signal I send to the front of the house. FYI...My rig just expanded.......I get my AX8 next week!!! :)

Sound system is pretty good at the church. I always get compliments on my tone and the sound guys love the clear noiseless signal I send to the front of the house. FYI...My rig just expanded.......I get my AX8 next week!!! :)
Ours is terrible.. No amps on stage and anything you put into the board sounds like trash. Many times the acoustic guitar drowns out the electric. How is the possible? In our church it is....not to mention...the lead singer and praise team leader has his mic turned up to 11.

Same battle here. Slowly I am training them to become a true contemporary service. I am using cabclone to FOH and amp for me to hear. I do not like the in ears. Sound like a buzz saw. I tend to play a little loud. Sound guy complains all the time. It is a control issue I'm sure..

Have the same issue at the church i play at. People in the sound booth aren't trained and have no knowledge of being a sound guy/gal! They are church members that think it's as easy as just turning the knobs.
My setup is 2 amps in stereo. One is mic'd to go in Mixer. Keyboard amp is Mic'd as well. Bass amp is not! Drums has shield because people complains it is too loud. (Shield does not work on minimizing the noise)

Have the same issue at the church i play at. People in the sound booth aren't trained and have no knowledge of being a sound guy/gal! They are church members that think it's as easy as just turning the knobs.
My setup is 2 amps in stereo. One is mic'd to go in Mixer. Keyboard amp is Mic'd as well. Bass amp is not! Drums has shield because people complains it is too loud. (Shield does not work on minimizing the noise)

Once a church (or any venue for that matter) recognizes the value and importance of the front-of-house audio engineer, and pays accordingly, things change significantly in terms of quality, setup and configuration.

My main gig is a budget-minded church, but we recognize and pay for what it takes to pull off a modern sound. CL5 into L-Acoustic arrays. Stereo IEMs from PSM900s. My AX8 sounds fantastic through the system.

We don't use any amps on stage. Iso booths under the stage hold cabs for the real amp guys. Our drums don't use a cage - those do nothing to block cymbal and snare volume (the main issues). We're able to get without a cage because we run things at about 100dBc cleanly through the L-Acoustics (and because there isn't any other stage volume).

Hearing some of you complain about your churches really makes me want to go. If you want to be a rock star, join or start your own band and go gig some clubs or other venues. Playing on a worship team should be about the music, not whether you're loud enough or not.

Hearing some of you complain about your churches really makes me want to go. If you want to be a rock star, join or start your own band and go gig some clubs or other venues. Playing on a worship team should be about the music, not whether you're loud enough or not.
Give me a break. No one is saying its about them, but if you put in the time to volunteer on a team, practice, go to rehearsals, get there early to set up, etc....it's valid that you'd like your contribution to be heard.

Sure there are more constructive ways to get that across than a gripe session, but voicing concerns doesn't mean they are making it about them.

Yea relax! we are all just venting. We all know its about reaching the people with the
message.

My post was not intended as a wag of the finger but a reminder to check our motivation. I've been playing guitar for over 35 years, been on a progressive worship team for the last 13. We run a gamut of styles from Hillsong United, Planetshakers, Lincoln Brewster, Worth Dying For, Bethel and Elevation worship. I've seen a lot of guitar players come and go and the reason most of them don't last is their attitude. The ones that complain, think they're better than they actually are or refuse to serve the song don't last. The ones that are humble, accommodating and willing to serve (much different than volunteering) have the greatest longevity. Playing on a worship team requires a much different attitude than is the cultural norm for a guitar player. It requires a mindset that really wants to make the rest of the team better, has a firm understanding of their role on the team and the ability to serve the song and the people attending. Regarding sound issues I've learned that no matter the venue, working with the sound engineer instead of fighting with them, regardless of their ability (I've worked with some great ones as well as horrible ones), goes a long way to promoting smooth sets and will get you what you need more often than not. I know the frustration of working with sound guys that couldn't mix cake batter and it takes a lot more patience and lip biting but the end result will be a much more enjoyable experience for all. I also understand venting, my wife would tell you I do it all the time, but when it comes to the church especially, I don't believe it wise to use an environment such as a forum where you have no control over who hears it.

The ones that are humble, accommodating and willing to serve (much different than volunteering) have the greatest longevity. Playing on a worship team requires a much different attitude than is the cultural norm for a guitar player.

This is true in musicianship as well as real life leadership. Humility is rare and desired as a trait for individuals who play for churches, bars, venues or studios. In the music industry, it is incredibly rare making it all the more important to maintain a level head and realistic expectation of one's abilities. "Donating" time is a thing of the past to some extent, so this idea is relatively foreign to most musicians as it is their livelihood. With that, I'm with Jason on the fact that if everything sounds great in the ears, it should sound just as good FOH. Creating that experience is becoming more and more crucial for churches globally since music is relatively universally uniting.

My post was not intended as a wag of the finger but a reminder to check our motivation. I've been playing guitar for over 35 years, been on a progressive worship team for the last 13. We run a gamut of styles from Hillsong United, Planetshakers, Lincoln Brewster, Worth Dying For, Bethel and Elevation worship. I've seen a lot of guitar players come and go and the reason most of them don't last is their attitude. The ones that complain, think they're better than they actually are or refuse to serve the song don't last. The ones that are humble, accommodating and willing to serve (much different than volunteering) have the greatest longevity. Playing on a worship team requires a much different attitude than is the cultural norm for a guitar player. It requires a mindset that really wants to make the rest of the team better, has a firm understanding of their role on the team and the ability to serve the song and the people attending. Regarding sound issues I've learned that no matter the venue, working with the sound engineer instead of fighting with them, regardless of their ability (I've worked with some great ones as well as horrible ones), goes a long way to promoting smooth sets and will get you what you need more often than not. I know the frustration of working with sound guys that couldn't mix cake batter and it takes a lot more patience and lip biting but the end result will be a much more enjoyable experience for all. I also understand venting, my wife would tell you I do it all the time, but when it comes to the church especially, I don't believe it wise to use an environment such as a forum where you have no control over who hears it.
Agreed, but I feel we should be trying to put out the best product possible for worshiping God. I realize that I am a musician but higher quality great music moves me in worship. Bad music, whether it be the mix or musicians playing out of their wheelhouse doesn't add to my worship experience, only takes away from my it. My frustration is only that some worship pastors don't manage there team and train and get the best product they can. They tend to be on the band wagon that it's worship and played by volunteers so it doesn't need to be good. I'm not a good preacher so I'm sure they won't let me give the sermon this Sunday. If worship pastors actually came to the table with more of an "my job is to develop my team" attitude, both muscly and technically, the worship experience would end up being much better. That would take more effort on their part, but isn't that their job? And then there is the argument that most people can tell. My answer to that is we should be doing it for the people that can tell. I guarantee that this approach would work and that team would grow as a unit and be closer brothers and sisters in Christ. I feel that putting forth accountability for worship team members is not a bad thing and should be expected. Ok, my rant is over.

Long time P&W guitar player
- (those presets did not work for me)

We hear music/sounds in frequencies, the better the ‘frequency’ the better our brain interprets it as pleasing thus releasing the endorphins that bring us emotions from music.

Playing on a worship team requires a much different attitude than is the cultural norm for a guitar player. It requires a mindset that really wants to make the rest of the team better, has a firm understanding of their role on the team and the ability to serve the song and the people attending.

JD

Worship player are in a sense session players. We have to learn a new song practically every week with one rehearsal. We also seam to have a lot of skin in the game(are own equipment) which in turn makes us more critical I guess of the sound and being prepared. I know our team the singers, drummer, sound guy, and piano/keyboard players only bring themselves.

Last edited:
I think there are two opposing approaches in building a worship team...One is: Let anyone on the team. Talent...Willingness to learn the material...Willingness to follow direction...Doesn't matter...Their family just wants to see Jr. on that stage...Other approach: Build the team with people willing and able to learn the material...Willingness to take direction and play their part in the mix....I'm not saying one is better than the other...However, if there's not a clear understanding as to which approach the team has taken...there 's likely to be conflict.

Still looking for worship team presets..
Here's 3 I used pretty extensively with my FX8. I'm using my AX8 exclusively now, I may add some of the Delay and Reverb blocks from it's presets depending upon the feedback I get from these.

The effects may not be exact settings used by Elevation or Lincoln Brewster but they give me what I need to cover their songs. The Normal-Ambient is a 'generic' preset I place in all of my setlists for free flow times, I have the delays and reverbs X/Y states set for X(normal) and Y(ambient). Hopefully these give you at least a template to work from and maybe some ideas.

Attachments

• Brewster.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 48
  • Normal-Ambient.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 51
  • Elevation Patch.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Check out this video for drum isolation. You can SEE on a dB meter why the booth MUST have a top on it.

Back
Top Bottom