Worship Team Presets

Here's 3 I used pretty extensively with my FX8. I'm using my AX8 exclusively now, I may add some of the Delay and Reverb blocks from it's presets depending upon the feedback I get from these.

The effects may not be exact settings used by Elevation or Lincoln Brewster but they give me what I need to cover their songs. The Normal-Ambient is a 'generic' preset I place in all of my setlists for free flow times, I have the delays and reverbs X/Y states set for X(normal) and Y(ambient). Hopefully these give you at least a template to work from and maybe some ideas.

Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to try them soon.

I've seen several people talk about presets for volume swells . I haven't down loaded any but I'm curious as to just what they are . Are they automatic volume swells meaning you hit the button and it does it for you ?

I use volume swells alot but I do it the old fashion way ...with the volume pedal.

Just wondering ?

I've seen several people talk about presets for volume swells . I haven't down loaded any but I'm curious as to just what they are . Are they automatic volume swells meaning you hit the button and it does it for you ?

I use volume swells alot but I do it the old fashion way ...with the volume pedal.

Just wondering ?

I have both. A preset that does automatic swells “foot-free” and a preset that uses a pedal. In both cases, the more important part of the presets is the ambient reverb/delay/shimmer combination that lingers after each swell.

Just wondering ?
I use a volume pedal as well. In order to get the sound I'm looking for, lush trails between swells, the delay feedback and mix as well as the reverb mix need to be set higher than I would typically use.

I use a volume pedal as well. In order to get the sound I'm looking for, lush trails between swells, the delay feedback and mix as well as the reverb mix need to be set higher than I would typically use.

Another method that I have used for over a year now is the volume pot on the guitar. I find it gives a truer representation of the guitar tone instead of using the volume block to push the signal. Both work, I just find the volume pot more effective for what I do week to week.

I'm considering being as cool as @jlynnb1 J-man and making a video to showcase some of the tones, guitar techniques, and how I best utilize the Fractal gear for P&W.

Keep rockin' friends!

Another method that I have used for over a year now is the volume pot on the guitar. I find it gives a truer representation of the guitar tone instead of using the volume block to push the signal. Both work, I just find the volume pot more effective for what I do week to week.

I'm considering being as cool as @jlynnb1 J-man and making a video to showcase some of the tones, guitar techniques, and how I best utilize the Fractal gear for P&W.

Keep rockin' friends!

Do it man! We can all learn form each other! Thanks.

Changing keys for mainstream worship songs drives me nuts lol. Thanks for the preset ideas!

Yea, I work with 3-4 leaders and they all do the songs in different keys.
So I end up learning the parts in 4 different keys!
Keeps me on my toes...

I used to play mainly metal until I started going to church 4 years ago regularly. Was asked to play lead this year for a team, was filling in almost every other week for sick players and regular players that were out of town. The worship leader has this policy that all four teams must learn a new song. To me this is ridiculous. Dropping from G major to F major will totally destroy a song as now the relative minor is D and we certainly don’t tune down a whole step.

IMO if a song doesn’t fit the lead singers voice, why play it, pick songs that work for your voice. Audience listens to these songs on the radio and the bands certainly don’t pick keys based on whether the audience can sing in that pitch.

So many songs to choose from and it also adds variety instead of 4 different teams rehashing the same songs, in different keys of course.

if you know your fretboard and your numbers it's easy to change any song on the fly...sure it may not lay as well on the guitar or you may have to omit an open string or two but it's still really easy to do.

if you know your fretboard and your numbers it's easy to change any song on the fly...sure it may not lay as well on the guitar or you may have to omit an open string or two but it's still really easy to do.
But if your phrasing relies on hammers and pulls between an open string and someplace 7 or 8 frets up, it's time for a new phrase. Or a third hand.

Here's 3 I used pretty extensively with my FX8. I'm using my AX8 exclusively now, I may add some of the Delay and Reverb blocks from it's presets depending upon the feedback I get from these.

The effects may not be exact settings used by Elevation or Lincoln Brewster but they give me what I need to cover their songs. The Normal-Ambient is a 'generic' preset I place in all of my setlists for free flow times, I have the delays and reverbs X/Y states set for X(normal) and Y(ambient). Hopefully these give you at least a template to work from and maybe some ideas.
Thanks, that helped get the ball rolling. I noticed a big volume difference in the Bethel preset over the Elevation. Don't know if you created the other one, but please let me know where i can control the volume and get same levels on two different patches.

Here are 3 presets that I use for Contemporary Christian Music. (File is below pictures)
I have these 3 presets loaded into bank P
P1 used for Rhythm, Volume swells and Lead
P2 used for Lead. Has WAH option too
P3 Volume swell that I downloaded from this forum

I changed foot switch 2 and 3 on P1 to allow me to change to P2 and P3
I changed foot switch 2 and 3 on P2 to allow me to change back to P1 or up to P3
I changed foot switch 3 and 4 to allow me to change back to P1 or P2
Tempo footswitch is used for Tempo and Tuner

I took the pictures when I was using the 4 cable method.
I AM NOT using the 4 cable method with these presets
My fractal EV1 expression pedal is used for Volume on P1 and WAH on P2
My Rig consists of 2015 Traditional Les Paul into a Decimator 2, then into FX8
I use an ISO 5 Pedal Power to power Decimator 2 set on 35
Fractal EV1 (Out of both volume connections into both pedal connections on FX8) using TRS cables.
FX8 to front of Rivera Venus Deux tube amp
I have all my FX (Cable Tied) to a Holy Board pedal board (minus the riser)
I use a Mesa Cab Clone to eliminate stage volume and a pair of Sennheiser HD600 headphones in place of In Ear Monitors

View attachment 30644
View attachment 30645
How do you like the cabclone? lots of mixed reviews online...

Thanks, that helped get the ball rolling. I noticed a big volume difference in the Bethel preset over the Elevation. Don't know if you created the other one, but please let me know where i can control the volume and get same levels on two different patches.
I created both of them and have had no problems with volume using either of them. Both of those particular presets are intended for the 4 Cable Method. If you are using the 4CM, the only thing I can suggest is turning off all of the effects and turn one on at a time and find which one is causing the increase in volume.

Back
Top Bottom