Working with Stephen C from The Deftones this week, check out our progress!

Mr. Antreassian, any news ?
I know it's rude to be so insistent but we are doing Deftones tribute gig on July 12 and it would be gorgeous if we could use those patches.
Can you tell us an approximate date at least ?

I'd say just plan the gig as if you won't have them. If they're released by then, cool. If not, no big deal, because you're prepared, anyway.

Mr. Antreassian, any news ?
I know it's rude to be so insistent but we are doing Deftones tribute gig on July 12 and it would be gorgeous if we could use those patches.
Can you tell us an approximate date at least ?

I'm as keen as the next person to check out Stephen's patches but I think we should all really expect nothing. If the share happens, great. If not, there's still a wealth of information on his patches and rig. And asking for Stephen's patches so you can make money from using his patches and playing his music.... not cool.

First of all, rdomain, I will not make money playing this gig. We'll be playing it for our friends and we're doing it for fun. I don't understand why you made such an assumption. Next time make sure you know what you're talking about before you make such accusations. NOT COOL.
Secondly, I already have my own patches, made with FAS Tone Match, but I assume they are not as good as those made by Steph and Kevin. That's it.
I hope I made myself clear this time.

I want the presets purely for informational and experimentation purposes. I own an ESP T7 and an ESP B8 and am having difficulties creating high gain patches I like. Damn EMG pickups. I know good tones are possible. I just need some help or some patches to start with.

check out the adrenaline patch i put on axeexchange and see if it works for you.
I have basic tones for all the albums.

lol cracks me up at the hate EMG's get ......of course metallica/slayer etc etc couldn't get a good tone out of them LMAO

I'd take an EMG any day over the stuff the 'djent' kids are using

I'm sure a few here feel like vultures flying over this thread waiting for patches hahahah

I'd take an EMG any day over the stuff the 'djent' kids are using

What, you mean Bareknuckles? Or DiMarzios? Or Seymour Duncans? Or those new Lace bars? Or do you mean that Axe-FX thing they love so much?

I just think passives sound better pretty much across the board. I have EMGs in one guitar and a Blackout in another, and while I can get tones I like well enough, when I switch over to a passive-equipped guitar, it just sounds better. Once I spent a while with my EMG-equipped guitar making a rhythm tone specifically for that guitar. After a little while, I got a tone I thought was pretty nice. Then I plugged in another guitar with a Lundgren M in it, and it blew the EMG away, no comparison.

The flat out bashing is probably undeserved, though. Plenty of great tones have been created with EMGs, as the excitement over this thread demonstrates.

What, you mean Bareknuckles? Or DiMarzios? Or Seymour Duncans? Or those new Lace bars? Or do you mean that Axe-FX thing they love so much?

I just think passives sound better pretty much across the board. I have EMGs in one guitar and a Blackout in another, and while I can get tones I like well enough, when I switch over to a passive-equipped guitar, it just sounds better. Once I spent a while with my EMG-equipped guitar making a rhythm tone specifically for that guitar. After a little while, I got a tone I thought was pretty nice. Then I plugged in another guitar with a Lundgren M in it, and it blew the EMG away, no comparison.

The flat out bashing is probably undeserved, though. Plenty of great tones have been created with EMGs, as the excitement over this thread demonstrates.

Exactly! Thanks man. I was in no way, shape, or form hating on EMGs. I'm just not used to them. These are the first two guitars I've ever owned that have EMGs. I love the BK Black Dog in my PRS. I went through quite a few before settling on that one. To each their own. I'll get there eventually. Lol.

I'm talking all the bare knuckles/lundgren stuff which pretty much is only tied into one genre

FF demanufacture was done with EMGS.....i've yet to hear a better metal tone than that album

I love passives as well I just laugh when I see EMGs getting hated on

I didnt forget! I think hes back from tour now so i'll see where hes at with his rig. When i get the patches in my possession, the i have to write up the nice PDF with him regarding the tones and how to use them as intended. Its a bit of a wait, but it'll be worth it for the community and the fans. Hang tight, i think the latest ETA would be late july.

I'm talking all the bare knuckles/lundgren stuff which pretty much is only tied into one genre

FF demanufacture was done with EMGS.....i've yet to hear a better metal tone than that album

I love passives as well I just laugh when I see EMGs getting hated on

Actually, Bareknuckles have botique-type pickups to suit pretty much any style. They're kind of like Seymour Duncans, but nicer. I'll give you the Lundgrens, though. The M series is a one trick pony, but man, nothing else can pull off that trick quite as well. It might be my favorite pickup for straightforward, aggressive, balls-out heavy metal riffing.

For the record, I don't do the djent thing. It doesn't really appeal to me at all.

Also, the tone on Demanufacture is indeed one of the best out there for that kind of stuff.

I didnt forget! I think hes back from tour now so i'll see where hes at with his rig. When i get the patches in my possession, the i have to write up the nice PDF with him regarding the tones and how to use them as intended. Its a bit of a wait, but it'll be worth it for the community and the fans. Hang tight, i think the latest ETA would be late july.

Sweet!

Sir, really "this will be legen... wait for it..." .oO(well I guess all/a lot/the most can complete that one :D)

And yes, I for myself have all the time it needs and will be glad to lay hands on as soon as your work is available.

Thanks in advance, again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom