Working with Stephen C from The Deftones this week, check out our progress!

I think that the issue was with our PT rig, not the tonematch block. I tried it today in our studio in NJ and it seems pretty damn close!

Awesome! Thanks Kevin for sharing. Of all ways to power, I find it interesting he's using the EHX magnum. Is he partial to the tone or are they just convenient?

Awesome! Thanks Kevin for sharing. Of all ways to power, I find it interesting he's using the EHX magnum. Is he partial to the tone or are they just convenient?[/QUOT
are you talking about EHX 44 MAGNUM power amp pedal?
2 of these with the axefx2 would kick Ass.
When I played through my mesa boogie and se70 I used a boss heavy metal pedal into a 44 magnum into a 4x12 for my dry signal.now this is my Emergency backup rig

Ah... this thread made me nostalgic. I'm sitting here listening to the Adrenalin album. "Nothing" to gain from a sonic perspective., but lot's to gain from an emotional perspective, as I have certain memories from when the album was released.

I think that the issue was with our PT rig, not the tonematch block. I tried it today in our studio in NJ and it seems pretty damn close!

No the problem is with the tonematch block. At least it is with v10, I can't speak for the new beta you were sent!

Hopefully they have it corrected(even more accurate than v9???) for the upcoming v10.1 bug fix update!!!

Ok when? Sorry I'm a little anxious since I play ESP (not LTD) Carpenter model guitars.

Congratz on your, for sure, nice axes. I'm really eager to lay my hands on/hear with my equipment the created presets. But give the man some time. :shock

Just because of this thread I gave most of the "older" Deftones albums a run (or twice or more :D) and I really have to admit that I sooo want to hear the tone of "When Girls Telephone Boys" at around 0:45 when the song gets "in your face". ;)

Congratz on your, for sure, nice axes. I'm really eager to lay my hands on/hear with my equipment the created presets. But give the man some time. :shock

Just because of this thread I gave most of the "older" Deftones albums a run (or twice or more :D) and I really have to admit that I sooo want to hear the tone of "When Girls Telephone Boys" at around 0:45 when the song gets "in your face". ;)

I'm actually more concerned with the rig rundown... Especially the whole poweramp/speaker/monitor setup.

Heres an update straight off my facebook page: (just search Kevin Antreassian)

Day 3 of testing, so far so good. Day 1 was Edgefest in Texas and not the ideal situation for us as we were pretty much going in blind. We'd hoped to make some changes at our line check but things got pushed back and we didnt get one. We brought the rig down to the greenroom to make adjustments though both Stephs Marshall 1960 cab and also through an active floor wedge. Most of the work was just PEQ changes and volumes to get things evened out. Right before the show i got to check guitars for a min through the full PA and i was blown away...we were about to make every other band on that festival look stupid. Post show, we were informed by our FOH guy that everything was pretty solid, save one patch for Poltergeist.

Day two in Oklahoma was a little less stressful. The Deftones headlined this one so we had plenty of time to line check and adjust patches. We messed around with Poltergeist forever to get it to sit right and think we finally nailed it. There was far less tweaking done for last nights show, so were getting close! The highlight was definitely when Chino pulled a 6 year old fan out of the crowd on stage for "Head Up". Kid probably crapped his pants! I cant wait to put these presets in the hands of the public.

Back
Top Bottom