Wont connect to Axe Edit

So I bought a VicTsing USB to Midi cable. Hooked it up, and of coarse, it wont connect to Axe Edit. I read thoroughly through the forums at the woes of others who have had this issue, and none of the suggestions have worked out. I am running a Standard, and I guess I have to now spring for a better cable, probably the one that Fractal Recommends (Roland). Anyone else have any other solutions? Or is it truly the cable. When I ran the standard into Axe 3, it reads it, but it wont link it because its a standard and not a 2 (I used Axe Edit 3 only to test the connection). I then re downloaded the legacy Axe Edit, and still no connection.

because of edit problems I got well versed with the front panel(ultra model). One problem that I had often was connecting the midi cables incorrectly(which was my fault), with the interface I used I had to connect the in to the out and the out to the in. after that getting connection was ok but staying connected was another thing.

I have had the Standard for only 2 days, but I am already really acquainted with the front panel. Its extremely easy to get what you want to get out of your presets. I am perfectly fine without the Axe Edit, as I use Cab Lab for all my IR's. However, it mildly pisses me off that I cant get it to work because my cable doesn't seem to be compatible. To hell with it I guess, I have the latest update, so I will bite the bullet and accept not using Axe Edit

Many of the cheapo cables don't work as they don't support large sysex data.
When I had my Ultra, I used the Midisport UNO quite happily.
I doubt this issue is your cable.. more likely that you might be connected to a USB 3 port or the drivers aren't working, or ?
Which OS are u running?

Many of the cheapo cables don't work as they don't support large sysex data.
When I had my Ultra, I used the Midisport UNO quite happily.
I doubt this issue is your cable.. more likely that you might be connected to a USB 3 port or the drivers aren't working, or ?
Which OS are u running?

OSX El Capitan. Macbook Pro....

I honestly tried everything. The only other thing is I can see if those cables have drivers online that are required but I dont think so because they show up in the midi in and out section of Axe Edit

I got a MIO cable last night, and it shows up in the Axe Edit midi settings, and the Midi light flashes intermittently in the Axe FX, but it will not connect.

those midi interface cables rarely work (it seems). better to just bite the bullet and get a decent midi I/O box

I got a MIO cable last night, and it shows up in the Axe Edit midi settings, and the Midi light flashes intermittently in the Axe FX, but it will not connect.
Did you try swapping the cables around?
I know on my midi cables (UNO) the one labeled "IN" actually means IN to the USB device -- NOT IN to the target device -- and should be connected to Std/Ultra MIDI OUT jack !!

I know on my midi cables (UNO) the one labeled "IN" actually means IN to the USB device -- NOT IN to the target device -- and should be connected to Std/Ultra MIDI OUT jack !!

lol, yea I connect them correctly haha. Actually I am glad you mentioned something about drivers, as the MIO cable I got from guitar center has a universal driver that I am supposed to download. So I will try and see if it works after I install the driver.

Downloaded the drivers, still dont work

Downloaded the drivers, still dont work
Is that device USB 3 or USB 2 ?
I'm not a Mac guy so not too up to speed on their drivers... but from what I understand, you shouldn't need drivers with it,
Do you have anything else sharing that USB bus ?? Like another audio device ?

Is that device USB 3 or USB 2 ?
I'm not a Mac guy so not too up to speed on their drivers... but from what I understand, you shouldn't need drivers with it,
Do you have anything else sharing that USB bus ?? Like another audio device ?

USB 2.0 and I dont have anything in the ports.

Ok so I can create patches in Axe Edit, and it seems as though they are replicated in my Axe Standard. It still says its not connected though, soooooo weird

Ok so I can create patches in Axe Edit, and it seems as though they are replicated in my Axe Standard. It still says its not connected though, soooooo weird
hmmm...
which version of AxeEdit are you running? For the Std (I assume fw 11.0?) you should be running the legacy AE version (0.1.191) available from FAS legacy products web page - http://www.fractalaudio.com/legacy.php - or from the software link in my sig below.

Did you set the SysexID in AxeEdit ?

yea both sysex id's match....I am also running the latest 11 update and the same axe edit update you sent a link on
At this point.. being a Mac environment, I'm flat out of suggestions... sorry!!
It may be that the USB->Midi device simply doesn't support bulk sysex data transfers... in which case you are SOL. If you go to amazon, it says the device is supported on Windows.. nothing mentioned about a Mac ?? idk.. "Supports Windows XP, Vista"

As has been recommended above, try something else..
I have success with the Midisport UNO and the [green] Midisport Anniv 2x2 - on Wintel platforms for the last 6+ yrs..

The only proven method for using the editor with the std/ultra is with a midisport 2x2. I used one for years with my ultra and it worked great. They are pretty inexpensive too.

Back
Top Bottom